“This Hotel is Neither Dirty nor Dangerous”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Louisville, GA
“This Hotel is Neither Dirty nor Dangerous”
Reviewed 26 October 2010

Giving a previous reviewer the benefit of the doubt, I think the they got their hotels mixed up! That review does not reflect Red Roof Inn. I have stayed at this property on many occasions. The most recent twice in September this year. The rooms are former Holiday Inn style well refurbished of a size and layout known to all experienced travelers. My dog ALWAYS stays free as advertised. I took her out after 11 PM and walked the whole parking lot without incident. The cash payment crack is ridiculous. Clientele was largely seniors, like me. This is a well-managed hotel with good service at budget prices. It is a standard half-way stop when we visit family.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PURay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Lexington, SC
Reviewed 26 August 2010

$117 for a room with no iron, no coffee, no fridge or microwave, and no breakfast. I've spent much less on rooms that were 10 times better than this motel. I feel like i got price gouged on this motel since it was a Friday night and most other decent hotels had no vacancy. Got into the Hampton Inn on Saturday and paid almost half the price for a far superior hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Stayed there for a Nascar race. Check in time is 2:00pm. When we arrived at 3:45 pm, we found a lobby full of people.(At this time, there was one person at the check-in desk) We were told that our room had not been cleaned yet. (along with many of the other guests in the lobby) We were told to have a seat and wait. After 20 minutes, I went up to the desk and finally was told it just became available. The room was adequate. (no hair dryer) Twice in our 2 night stay, neither key worked and I had to return to the front desk to get it re-programmed. The staff was very indifferent, except for the older gentleman that cleaned our room. Because of the poor customer service, I would not stay there again. Also the price of the room was more than tripled because of the Nascar race weekend. The web site says there is an outdoor pool. This was taken out in the previous spring.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Lancaster, Ohio
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I just stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Wytheville,Virginia and unknowingly dropped my cellphone while there. The super folks there took the extra time to trace me down and, before I even arrived home, had left a message on my home phone. We made arrangements and they mailed it superfast, superpacked, and, believe it or not, they had super-shined it up for me! Way to go, guys!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I had a great experience with the staff and management at this hotel. This is not a fancy hotel but for the $$ you cant beat it. Rooms were clean. Service was great. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 2 May 2010

The friendly front-desk staff, both at check-in and check-out, were very welcoming. Although our room was not ready on arrival, we were upgraded to a two-room suite (separate living room and bedroom), which provided wonderful space and comfort. The property is well maintained, and our room was clean and renovated.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cay B
kingsport, tn
Reviewed 4 March 2010

Wytheville is a small town with a lot of hotels due to its location near the intersection of I-77 and I-81. I wasn't expecting much but I booked the room at a good price. When I got there I was greeted as if the front desk clerk had been expecting me all day. She was warm, efficient and friendly and it was as if that Red Roof Inn was a bed and breakfast and she was its owner. The clerk at checkout was just as friendly, warning me about bad weather conditions down the road. The room itself was spotless and well appointed. The TV had a surprising number of stations. I slept well, showered well, really couldn't ask for more. I would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business