“Al Fresco Delight!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2014

While attending a conference in Seattle over Memorial Day weekend, I found myself with a free afternoon, and decided to visit Bainbridge Island. The hotel concierge recommended Restaurant Marche', and I'm glad she did. The restaurant is just a short scenic walk down the main street from the ferry dock. It's tucked away on a quiet side-street, with a delightful small deck out front overlooking a little plaza, a great place to people-watch. The menu is well-constructed with a nice variety featuring fresh seafood, and it's fairly priced. The food was fresh, delicious, and nicely presented. They offer an attractive selection of reasonably priced wines by the glass, with Northwest wines well-represented, and the servings are generous. The staff is professional, friendly and accommodating, showing the hospitality that makes the Northwest so enjoyable to visit. Restaurant Marche’ is a delightful spot to while away an hour or so while enjoying great food and delightful ambiance

1  Thank kingstonjprof

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I joined a friend for lunch at Marche. I order the salmon ($28) and mixed greens ($7) and expected to get a decent lunch, but after the appetizer-sized portion with hardly anything to go with it I had to finish lunch elsewhere in town. I'm not kidding, I literally left hungry. The food was well enough, nothing spectacular, there just wasn't much of it.

Overall I found the experience pretentious, like I was supposed to be impressed being there. I prefer real quality food and excellent friendly service. You can find both elsewhere on Bainbridge.

4  Thank AustinEEE
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband and I just finished an excellent meal here, for our 20th anniversary. This is the 5th time we have dined at Marche. Our meal tonight, as well as the other meals we have experienced here, was absolutely fantastic. We had baked oysters for an appetizer (excellent every time we have ordered this), halibut, pate, and a truly delicious green pea flan with morel mushrooms. Tonight we sat at the chef's counter, as we have on three previous occasions. This has always been an amazing experience for us--the service is excellent, the cooking entertainment extraordinary. Chef Greg is amazing to watch and interact with, but even when he is not center stage (as tonight) the cooks are skilled and interactive. The one time we were not at the chef's counter, we dined outside on the patio and the service was wonderful.
For us, the consistent delicious food and the great service and interaction make this our favorite Bainbridge fine dining spot!

1  Thank Tunk21
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We've been here 50 min waiting for two burgers to come out. Salad had to be asked for after waiting for nearly 20 min. but was good. Waitress
Is nice but service should not ever be this slow on a mid day Saturday. Wouldn't return for this fact alone.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

My mother wanted to take us out to dinner without venturing to Seattle, so we made last minute reservations at Marche. At 6.30, the place was quiet and we had choice of inside or outside seating. The restaurant is on a nice little offshoot of Winslow , tucked into a corner. We had a nice, comfortable table in the corner, good view of the kitchen , with a lovely crisp linen tablecloth and napkins, and a candle.( I'm picky about table settings.) Our server was very pleasant and welcoming, and attentive without rushing us. We had a delicious round of cocktails, followed by a lovely smoked trout amuse bouche. The first courses were delicious- chicken liver pate and smoked trout salad ( inspired by how good the amuse bouche was). Greg Atkinson himself stopped by to ask how it was, and my mum raved. The seconds were good too- Cassoulet, Trout and Mussels. So good that my mum declared her food and the experience to be more enjoyable than Canlis, where we ate last week. We had a nice bottle of Pinot Gris, at just the right temp, and delicious desserts and coffee. We were thoroughly sated and enjoyed the experience thoroughly. It's a nice place, with excellent food and an engaged team. The only slight weirdness is the bathrooms. The rest of the place is simple and lovely, but the facilities are slightly institutional. Spotless, with nice towels for hands, but the wall board and decor in there are more doctor's office than nice restaurant. Picky, but oddly impactful on a special evening.

2  Thank SusanHines