“Yummy Duck and Professional Service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant Marche

Restaurant Marche
Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Seattle, Washington
“Yummy Duck and Professional Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I travelled to Winslow, an island off Seattle, with my extended family to celebrate a Birthday on a Sunday evening. The room had a nice feel with high ceilings, but a cozy glow as well. There were several couples outside despite the cool Seattle Summer weather. My brothers-in-law and I had several artisanal beers at the bar while we waited for the wives to complete their shopping nearby.

At the table we ordered starters - Pate and Gherkins, and an awesome Spanish Anchovies Caesar salad. For mains, the group was split evenly between perfectly-prepared fish and beautiful Duck. The scrumptious Duck came with Poached Cherries. We ended with attractive Fruit desserts.

We brought our own wines for the special occasion, but their wine list looked well covered, with reasonable prices.

Definitely a repeat, while on the Island!

• Visited July 2014

New York City, New York
“Seriously Overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

This restaurant arrived with a lot of press hailing its chef. I have eaten there three times, and have had three meals that I did not think much of, while my friends were only slightly more impressed. The service is very nice, and they have outdoor seating, but there is no view. I sat twice at tables and once at the kitchen bar, where there are stools set up so you can watch the 'magic'. Unfortunately it can be very hot if you're there in the summer months, so I don't recommend it. And after watching a sous chef pour buckets of melted butter on everything, including the meat on the grill, I'm really sorry I sat there at all. They serve mussels with frites; the frites are not crispy, and there are very few mussels for a main course. Honestly, I can't even remember what I ate at each visit, but it wasn't good. Hey, at least it's really expensive.

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank lsilver212
Kingston, NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Al Fresco Delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

While attending a conference in Seattle over Memorial Day weekend, I found myself with a free afternoon, and decided to visit Bainbridge Island. The hotel concierge recommended Restaurant Marche', and I'm glad she did. The restaurant is just a short scenic walk down the main street from the ferry dock. It's tucked away on a quiet side-street, with a delightful small deck out front overlooking a little plaza, a great place to people-watch. The menu is well-constructed with a nice variety featuring fresh seafood, and it's fairly priced. The food was fresh, delicious, and nicely presented. They offer an attractive selection of reasonably priced wines by the glass, with Northwest wines well-represented, and the servings are generous. The staff is professional, friendly and accommodating, showing the hospitality that makes the Northwest so enjoyable to visit. Restaurant Marche’ is a delightful spot to while away an hour or so while enjoying great food and delightful ambiance

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank kingstonjprof
Austin, Texas
“Underwhelmed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I joined a friend for lunch at Marche. I order the salmon ($28) and mixed greens ($7) and expected to get a decent lunch, but after the appetizer-sized portion with hardly anything to go with it I had to finish lunch elsewhere in town. I'm not kidding, I literally left hungry. The food was well enough, nothing spectacular, there just wasn't much of it.

Overall I found the experience pretentious, like I was supposed to be impressed being there. I prefer real quality food and excellent friendly service. You can find both elsewhere on Bainbridge.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank AustinEEE
Bainbridge Island, Washington, United States
“Best of Bainbridge!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband and I just finished an excellent meal here, for our 20th anniversary. This is the 5th time we have dined at Marche. Our meal tonight, as well as the other meals we have experienced here, was absolutely fantastic. We had baked oysters for an appetizer (excellent every time we have ordered this), halibut, pate, and a truly delicious green pea flan with morel mushrooms. Tonight we sat at the chef's counter, as we have on three previous occasions. This has always been an amazing experience for us--the service is excellent, the cooking entertainment extraordinary. Chef Greg is amazing to watch and interact with, but even when he is not center stage (as tonight) the cooks are skilled and interactive. The one time we were not at the chef's counter, we dined outside on the patio and the service was wonderful.
For us, the consistent delicious food and the great service and interaction make this our favorite Bainbridge fine dining spot!

• Visited June 2014