“Excellent food and service”
Review of Restaurant Marche

Restaurant Marche
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We are spending a few weeks in the northwest to escape the heat of Palm Desert. We drove from Sequim to Bainbridge Island as we had never been there. Walking back from the Saturday Farmer's Market we happened upon Marche. What a wonderful find! We enjoyed an outside table in beautiful weather. I had the cauliflower soup (excellent) and my husband has the croque Monsieur.(also excellent). We shared frites(awesome!) The service was friendly and efficient. I highly recommend this lovely restaurant.

2  Thank Dorothee
There are newer reviews for Restaurant Marche

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I travelled to Winslow, an island off Seattle, with my extended family to celebrate a Birthday on a Sunday evening. The room had a nice feel with high ceilings, but a cozy glow as well. There were several couples outside despite the cool Seattle Summer weather. My brothers-in-law and I had several artisanal beers at the bar while we waited for the wives to complete their shopping nearby.

At the table we ordered starters - Pate and Gherkins, and an awesome Spanish Anchovies Caesar salad. For mains, the group was split evenly between perfectly-prepared fish and beautiful Duck. The scrumptious Duck came with Poached Cherries. We ended with attractive Fruit desserts.

We brought our own wines for the special occasion, but their wine list looked well covered, with reasonable prices.

Definitely a repeat, while on the Island!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This restaurant arrived with a lot of press hailing its chef. I have eaten there three times, and have had three meals that I did not think much of, while my friends were only slightly more impressed. The service is very nice, and they have outdoor seating, but there is no view. I sat twice at tables and once at the kitchen bar, where there are stools set up so you can watch the 'magic'. Unfortunately it can be very hot if you're there in the summer months, so I don't recommend it. And after watching a sous chef pour buckets of melted butter on everything, including the meat on the grill, I'm really sorry I sat there at all. They serve mussels with frites; the frites are not crispy, and there are very few mussels for a main course. Honestly, I can't even remember what I ate at each visit, but it wasn't good. Hey, at least it's really expensive.

4  Thank lsilver212
Reviewed 16 July 2014

While attending a conference in Seattle over Memorial Day weekend, I found myself with a free afternoon, and decided to visit Bainbridge Island. The hotel concierge recommended Restaurant Marche', and I'm glad she did. The restaurant is just a short scenic walk down the main street from the ferry dock. It's tucked away on a quiet side-street, with a delightful small deck out front overlooking a little plaza, a great place to people-watch. The menu is well-constructed with a nice variety featuring fresh seafood, and it's fairly priced. The food was fresh, delicious, and nicely presented. They offer an attractive selection of reasonably priced wines by the glass, with Northwest wines well-represented, and the servings are generous. The staff is professional, friendly and accommodating, showing the hospitality that makes the Northwest so enjoyable to visit. Restaurant Marche’ is a delightful spot to while away an hour or so while enjoying great food and delightful ambiance

1  Thank kingstonjprof
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I joined a friend for lunch at Marche. I order the salmon ($28) and mixed greens ($7) and expected to get a decent lunch, but after the appetizer-sized portion with hardly anything to go with it I had to finish lunch elsewhere in town. I'm not kidding, I literally left hungry. The food was well enough, nothing spectacular, there just wasn't much of it.

Overall I found the experience pretentious, like I was supposed to be impressed being there. I prefer real quality food and excellent friendly service. You can find both elsewhere on Bainbridge.

4  Thank AustinEEE