“Good value for Bainbridge”
Review of Island Country Inn

Island Country Inn
Island Country Inn
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Good value compared to other hotels near by. Continental breakfast was better than expected. Fresh waffles, good coffee, good selection ect. Not the prettiest rooms, but nothing dirty, just a bit dated.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Kluthe

Reviewed 15 October 2010

I wish I had something positive to say about the Island Country Inn or Bainbridge Island! The accommodations and cleanliness equaled that of a room for half the price. The bathroom did not smell clean and the breakfast area was depressing. The hotel building siding needs to be replaced and the second-story deck is going soft and it is a safety hazard. We found the shopping and food experience in Bainbridge Island to be overpriced for what you get as well. Sorry, but we will not be back to this hotel or Bainbridge Island.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
sgn53x, Manager at Island Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2010

Good day, all. Bad reviews are always disconcerting, but they happen from time to time. Each traveler's experience is unique, and their responses are justified by the affect their experiences have on them. I'm sorry I've taken so long to respond. There are several points I'd like to mention: 1) We agree about the siding; buildings age and require repair. At the time of the review we were preparing to replace the "siding." We have done so on one building, and the second building will be completed over the weekend (12/18). As to the decks, work on those are primarily cosmetic rather than structural, and repairs will be made in the Spring (new deck resurfacing is planned). Overall, we're in good shape, the building and rooms are well maintained.
2) As to the state of the rooms and cleanliness, sometimes things do get missed. It shouldn't happen, but sometimes it does. If this happened to you I certainly apologize. I do like to hear about these things first-hand so I can deal with them directly. However, I refer you to other reviews on this page and elsewhere (about the breakfast as well).
3) As to Bainbridge Island in general. This is a quiet place. We roll the sidealks up around nine thirty PM. This is a great place for peace and quiet, for kayaking and boating, hiking at many locations of scenic beauty, and wonderful routes for bicycle touring. Restaurants run the range from okay to excellent.
I am sorry your stay was unpleasant. If you return, and I hope you do, you'll see the improvements, and I'd be happy to suggest restaurants and things to do. Best of luck and happy traveling.
Steve Nickerson

Reviewed 24 September 2010

Nice Service and good pricing. Breakfast was included.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2010

We had the larger room for a bit more money, We did not see the size of the regular rooms. It was a farily new facility, clean, and in good order. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was standard American Continental, (not appetizing, but filling.) The location was up the hill from the harbour, and near the highway. But, it seems all of the hotels are, except for one much pricier place. (Is is only a three-quarter walk to the harbour.)

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2010

I stayed here while working on the island. For the area (especially being on the island), the rates were excellent. The rooms are quaint and the beds are comfortable.

This motel offered:
Free Continental Breakfast: comparable to La Quinta (Waffles, Bagels, Hard-Boiled Eggs, Toast, Yogurt);
Business Center: (public-use PC in the lobby)
Lobby sitting area with fireplace;
Free Parking;
Close Proximity to a handful of restaurants;

If you're on the island, stay here.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank hypshark
Reviewed 12 February 2010

My girlfriend and I were looking for a quick 1 night getaway in the area and someone mentioned Bainbridge Island. We checked out the hotel on line and decided to give it a try. When we got there, we were very surprised that the hotel was even better than the pcitures. The staff was very friendly and our room was very comfortable and clean. We had great time that night at the local casino and in the morning, a very nice Contnental breakfast with make your own waffles was served. We also found the hotel very conveniently located to a lot of the sites on Bainbridge we wanted to see and the restraunt they recommended was excellent as well. Overall, the hotel was a unique experience as opposed to others I have stay at before and I think the price we paid of $89.00 was an excellent value for what we received. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area and as a great place for locals to just have a quiet, relaxing time away from it all. Thanks to the staff! We will definitely come again!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2009

Overall I enjoyed my stay here. The room was very clean and in good repair.

The hotel staff was a bit terse. They were very matter-of-fact folks, didn't smile much. They were extremely helpful, but just seemed a bit depressed.

As a traveler with severe asthma and allergies, I had to go a few extra steps to ask for something that is standard in most hotels: bed linens and towels washed in unscented detergent and fabric softener, and no scented cleaners used in the room, and removal of the freebie stuff, which is usually scented. The towels and linens were taken care of, eventually. They were very polite and apologetic. However, scented cleaners were used in the room, and they left the basket of freebies, which I had to stick in a cabinet. If you have severe asthma and allergies, you know what a problem any scent, even from a closed bottle, can do to you.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
gmici, General Manager at Island Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2010

Thanks for writing the review. While I'm pleased that your stay was pleasant, I am concerned about two things from your comments. First, I am looking into a bulk supplier for cleaning supplies and room amenities. You're not the only one with allergy/asthma sensitivities. It's not at all uncommon, and a factor we need to work with. Second, I am surprised that the staff was surly. I was away at the time (In France for a needed vacation), so I didn't have the opportunity to meet you. Our staff is usually friendly, helpful, and accommodating. I'll hope that you hit them on a bad day, though that's no real excuse. I've shown the review to the staff. I appreciate your comments, and I hope we see you again sometime.

Steve Nickerson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bainbridge Island
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
Mediterranean Inn
#31 of 104 in Seattle
The Inn at Pleasant Beach
#1 of 6 in Bainbridge Island

Been to Island Country Inn? Share your experiences!