Quality Inn and Suites
US$292
Homewood
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsup to datebottom floorfront desk managerbit datedwalking distancebeds were very comfortablethree nightsvisiting seattleremodelingstarbucks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I have two suggestions: #1) Definitely do not book the Island Country Inn online, and #2) If at all possible, stay somewhere else.

I cannot comment on the quality of the Inn or their amenities because we were not given a room. We flew into SEA-TAC and then took the ferry to Bainbridge for a wedding. When we got there, the Inn said they had no reservation under our name. I showed them multiple Expedia confirmations and they said they couldn't find it. They were completely sold-out, as were all other hotels in the area. After 90 minutes on the phone, we ended up having to scramble to a last-minute room 20 miles away at a significantly higher price. We did make it to the wedding just in time--sweaty and running--after having about five minutes to change clothes. Thanks, Island Country Inn.

Unfortunately, multiple conversations with the staff, with Expedia, and with the manager Eddie Rich the next day, and it's clear that the "error" was a result of either Eddie's incompetence or worse, the hotel's seedy business practices. On the day we arrived, Eddie was standing at the front desk. When they couldn't find our reservation, he went out the back, and LEFT THE HOTEL. Then the guy at the front desk told us "Look, I have only been here a month, there's nothing I can do. My manager has stepped out."

The next day, we came back and asked for the manager so we could get an explanation. Eddie gave us every excuse in the book and tried to claim that "Expedia is a failing company. I'm just as angry as you are." He said "I'm gonna call them right now!" And then proceeded to pace around and do nothing.

What Eddie didn't tell us is that all they have to do is pull up their Expedia web interface to see all the reservations. When I calmly suggested that, in order to use the Expedia service, they had to at least be diligent in keeping track of the reservations, he told me "Now you're insulting my staff. I want you to leave." This was definitely one of the most bizarre customer service experiences I've ever had. I would suggest my fellow travelers steer clear.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank James L
Reviewed 30 May 2013

This place has not been maintained very well. The rusted nail heads in the second floor walkway was the first indication. The missing sink stopper was the next clue. The bed was way to soft for my taste, but the sheets were clean.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 1 April 2013

2 star motel accommodation but with charms and in a great location being within walking distance from town and the ferry terminal. Friendly staff and a free breakfast. Wi-fi was free and the connection speed was excellent. Great rates and free parking.

We experienced some problems with the plumbing but these issues were immediately addressed. The first two nights were quiet and we slept well but experienced problems on our final night when our "neighbour" turned up at 1am and spent the next 2 hours slamming doors and making phone calls whilst standing right outside our window, before starting his car, idling it for ages, then speeding off. We also found our "clean" sheets to be stained.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank blindlemonpie
Reviewed 4 September 2012

stayed ther for one night on our way back from Olympic peninsula. Motel is really dated, room was clean even if it showed all the years people have been into it. Mattresses need to be changed as well as as all the linens (which anyway were clean). Breakfast, included in the rate, was really poor and we had to share the only long table with other guests. Ladies at reception were nice and helpfull (they even reduced our rate).
if ever there'll be a next time, I'll look for something different.

Room Tip: not sure there are good rooms
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank angecorti
Reviewed 10 August 2012

My first stay on Bainbridge and not my last. Hotel is only ok- beds are mediocore, rooms a bit dated and free breakfast is nothing to get excited about. But the location is decent, within walking distance of great restaurants and bars. Expect there are better options on the Island with a bit of planning.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Sean M, Regional General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time for writing a review of our Island Country Inn on Bainbridge Island. I have read your review and appreciate your feedback. It is feedback like yours that will help us improve and ensure that we are doing our best to satisfy each and every guest.

Regards,