“Cozy”

Island Country Inn
Seattle, Washington
“Cozy”
Reviewed 24 September 2010

Nice Service and good pricing. Breakfast was included.

Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Pocatello
Reviewed 19 September 2010

We had the larger room for a bit more money, We did not see the size of the regular rooms. It was a farily new facility, clean, and in good order. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was standard American Continental, (not appetizing, but filling.) The location was up the hill from the harbour, and near the highway. But, it seems all of the hotels are, except for one much pricier place. (Is is only a three-quarter walk to the harbour.)

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis
Reviewed 8 March 2010

I stayed here while working on the island. For the area (especially being on the island), the rates were excellent. The rooms are quaint and the beds are comfortable.

This motel offered:
Free Continental Breakfast: comparable to La Quinta (Waffles, Bagels, Hard-Boiled Eggs, Toast, Yogurt);
Business Center: (public-use PC in the lobby)
Lobby sitting area with fireplace;
Free Parking;
Close Proximity to a handful of restaurants;

If you're on the island, stay here.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank hypshark
Bonney Lake, WA
Reviewed 12 February 2010

My girlfriend and I were looking for a quick 1 night getaway in the area and someone mentioned Bainbridge Island. We checked out the hotel on line and decided to give it a try. When we got there, we were very surprised that the hotel was even better than the pcitures. The staff was very friendly and our room was very comfortable and clean. We had great time that night at the local casino and in the morning, a very nice Contnental breakfast with make your own waffles was served. We also found the hotel very conveniently located to a lot of the sites on Bainbridge we wanted to see and the restraunt they recommended was excellent as well. Overall, the hotel was a unique experience as opposed to others I have stay at before and I think the price we paid of $89.00 was an excellent value for what we received. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area and as a great place for locals to just have a quiet, relaxing time away from it all. Thanks to the staff! We will definitely come again!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed 21 September 2009

Overall I enjoyed my stay here. The room was very clean and in good repair.

The hotel staff was a bit terse. They were very matter-of-fact folks, didn't smile much. They were extremely helpful, but just seemed a bit depressed.

As a traveler with severe asthma and allergies, I had to go a few extra steps to ask for something that is standard in most hotels: bed linens and towels washed in unscented detergent and fabric softener, and no scented cleaners used in the room, and removal of the freebie stuff, which is usually scented. The towels and linens were taken care of, eventually. They were very polite and apologetic. However, scented cleaners were used in the room, and they left the basket of freebies, which I had to stick in a cabinet. If you have severe asthma and allergies, you know what a problem any scent, even from a closed bottle, can do to you.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
gmici, General Manager at Island Country Inn, responded to this review, 19 January 2010
Thanks for writing the review. While I'm pleased that your stay was pleasant, I am concerned about two things from your comments. First, I am looking into a bulk supplier for cleaning supplies and room amenities. You're not the only one with allergy/asthma sensitivities. It's not at all uncommon, and a factor we need to work with. Second, I am surprised that the staff was surly. I was away at the time (In France for a needed vacation), so I didn't have the opportunity to meet you. Our staff is usually friendly, helpful, and accommodating. I'll hope that you hit them on a bad day, though that's no real excuse. I've shown the review to the staff. I appreciate your comments, and I hope we see you again sometime.

Steve Nickerson
Memphis TN
Reviewed 15 July 2009

Close to downtown Winslow. Nice rooms and very friendly , helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank memphismidtowner
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here on the Canadian May long weekend to attend a Mariners game. We've previously stayed on Bainbridge Island @ the Best Western which is in the same area but booked the Island Country Inn due to BW being sold out. We were very glad that we did! Both hotels are in the same location with a Safeway, liquor store and other small shops extremely close by but Island Country Inn just felt cozier. The continental breakfast was awesome! There were bagels, toast, waffles, cereal, coffee, etc. Free Wireless internet and free parking. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank natski83
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bainbridge Island
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
#3 of 100 in Seattle
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,989 reviews

Been to Island Country Inn? Share your experiences!