“Seaside Seafood and Local Brew”

Harbour Public House
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Washington, DC
“Seaside Seafood and Local Brew”
Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

Great spot on the harbor to kick back and relax. We had delicious mussels and an impressive selection of local brews from which to choose. Efficient and personable service made the decompression easier. Getting there via the boardwalk is just a nice way to check out the scenery, too.

Lakeville, MN
“Fabulous Find!”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I normally research things to death and failed to for Bainbridge. We picked this restaurant for lunch off of a list we got at the Visitor Office. What a fantastic choice we made. We travel and eat in different cities quite often and the food and atmosphere here is hard to beat. We got a table outside overlooking the harbor on a beautiful fall day in Washington state! My husband had the clam chowder which was THE BEST we have ever had. I had fish and chips which was delicious as well! Local beers, seafood, beautiful view and fantastic service! What more could you ask for! We walked along the boardwalk to get to the restaurant and almost stopped at another one along the way. I am so happy we didn't! One of the tables outside had a fireplace in the middle of it which would be quite cozy on a cool evening. This is a casual place but is very good!

Seattle, Washington
“No complaints here!”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We finished our day at Bainbridge here, at the recommendation of a nice lady at the distillery (that is also a must-do!) It was a perfect fall day, so we sat on the back patio. Beautiful view. The server was very friendly, quick, and non-obtrusive. I had the fish and chips- ahhhh so perfect! Crispy, airy, batter. Generous portions of fish. Exceptional fries! I even ate the coleslaw.

Hubby had the bacon cheeseburger, as he does everywhere we go! He really, really liked it. He even commented how good the bun was. He had the bloody mary as well, which I may have drank half of...it was so yummy!

Our server knew exactly when to stop by, didn't leave us waiting, but also didn't check in too much. (This was actually true everywhere we went on the island. I wish restaurants had service like this everywhere, Seattle's gotta step it up.)

Next time I might sit inside by the window, it seemed so cozy in there.

Walked a teeny bit of the fish off afterword by walking along the harbor. Mmmm, I wish I had some of that fish again right now!

Douglas, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Spot to Eat”
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Arrived on Bainbridge Island via the Washington State Ferry and made our way to The Pub via foot. This place is set just above the water's edge of the yacht harbour with an outdoor terrace. Being a bloke decided to sit at the bar. There was a good range of micro brews of which I tried a few. I ordered a fried oyster sandwich from a diverse menu which as you would expect had plenty of fish options. Never had an oyster before, I was expecting something a little denser but they where very light. A pleasure to eat. The service was excellent with the food arriving quickly. The barmaid was friendly and attentive.
This place is a haven from the hustle and bustle of downtown Seattle.

Laconia, New Hampshire
“A HIGHLIGHT OF THE SEATTLE AREA”
Reviewed 26 September 2012

As a former chef I was incredibly impressed by the quality and diversity of the menu at the Harbour Public House. It was hard to make a decision because there were so many entrees that appealed to my educated palate. Both my companion and I were impressed with the quality of our choices. Service was excellent. We had to wait a while to get a table outdoors on the waterfront but it was worth it (we relaxed under the huge magnolia tree on the patio!) They also have a great selection of craft beers. If you do nothing else on Bainbridge Island it is worth the trip from Seattle just to eat here.