“Don't miss it, any time of the day”
Review of Cafe Nola

Cafe Nola
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen, French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Nola is well known for their breakfast, for good reason. Their breakfasts are divine. We also really happen to love their menu any time of the day, and have had nothing but positive things to say about time spent here.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

When you think of fine food on Bainbridge, Cafe Nola comes to mind. Always elegantly presented and well prepared, this is the place I reserve for a special occasion or a business dinner where I want quiet surroundings and good food.

The bar is nice but limited (four stools?) and the restaurant is small; so, don't plan to come with ten of your best friends and expect a table. Six is probably the maximum they can handle.

They have a delightful lunch and, when the weather permits, have outside seating

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We were very happy to discover Cafe Nola while walking around town. Our meals were excellent as was the service. The wine list was fine. We thought the prices were a little high but not out of line for a place away from a large city. We would certainly return.

Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Relaxing atmosphere, nice wine list . Just happened to walk by
Warm and cozy. Easy walk to and from ferry terminal.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I saw Cafe Nola on Food Network a while ago and have always wanted to go there for brunch to try out their supposedly amazing french toast. We happened to be in Seattle during the holidays so a big group of us went over for breakfast. From start to finish the entire meal was a bad experience. It started with the waitress, who I believe was the owner, talking over everyone else at the table to get our drink order on the other end of the table instead of walking around to us. We had 10 people so it was a long table. We then had drink mixups and some of them took forever.

Then it came to ordering our meals. For the french toast I was pondering between getting my 6 year old daughter a single slice of french toast or an adult portion, cause she can definitely eat sometimes. When I inquired about the size of the french toast I was told that the bread they used was Challah and every slice was different. Now I have had challah before and yes the slices can be slightly different sizes, though generally they're all about the same, which ended up being the case. When I questioned her about the size I basically got brushed off like I was an idiot. Then my wife ordered her eggs benedict and asked for the eggs to be soft. The waitress brushed my wife off and said they make the eggs perfectly how they're supposed to be. Apparently my wife doesn't have a clue what she likes.

Then our meals came. My wife's eggs were firm and not soft like she had asked. Though remember she's wrong about how eggs benedict should be cooked. And then came their world famous french toast. Honestly I can't figure out how this french toast ever got trumped up so much. The french toast itself was SUPER dry to start and I could barely tell if it was dipped in an egg mixture. The butter on top seemed like it came right out of the fridge as it was rock hard and personally the flavour of their caramel glaze they put on top wasn't my favourite. The best part of the meal was the bacon and the fries I nabbed form someone else's plate.

And lastly to top it all off they put an automatic 20% gratuity on the bill since we had a large group. I wasn't going to tip anyways because of the terrible food and service and didn't notice this until I got home. Oh well, I can definitely say for sure that I will never go back to Cafe Nola again.

3  Thank Martin B