“Don't let the name fool you”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Streamliner Diner

Streamliner Diner
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Portland, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't let the name fool you”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

With the word "diner" in the name, I had set my expectations for dinner a bit low, but boy was I pleasantly surprised. This is no "diner." We had a wonderful, gourmet dinner! I had scallops which were done to perfection. They were served with incredibly fresh heirloom tomatoes. My partner enjoyed his linguine with pancetta. Our server was very pleasant. The dining space is small and looks into the kitchen, but I find that enjoyable. We would definitely go back on our next trip.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank SweetSara0315

Bainbridge Is WA
“Breakfast Bravo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Given the extensive breakfast menu, one is tempted to over-order! Take a look at meals being delivered to other diners. A very short walk from the ferry dock. For us, it is a plus that the diner opens early. :You'll find the regulars pouring in. After that, the lines may extend on to the sidewalk. Go in and ask about the projected wait time. It may not be long. OR, wait and chat with others in line. Summertime, street-side dining makes for fun people watching. Evening meals have good reviews, but I have not been at the diner for dinner.

• Visited June 2014
Berkeley, California
“Gourmet dinner in a diner environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

The restaurant built its reputation on breakfast and lunch. We recently went there three nights in a row for dinner. The dinners were way above expectations. They balance things well, go easy on the salt, and allow the flavors to come out. Portions are very generous. One night my wife and i split the salmon dinner, and it was ample. The salmon was perfectly cooked, on top of polenta with mushrooms. It was only $23. If the decor was more upscale it would have been $32 and worth it. I had the tuna appetizer with quinoa also cooked just right. The pastas come in normal for about $14 and large for $19. As good as they were, I could not finish the large, my wife could not finish the normal. We had a cobbler for desert. As with the salt, they go easy on the sugar, therefore you can actually taste the fruit. We loved this place.

• Visited July 2014
Florida City, Florida
“Poor service, rude server, overpriced food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Just not worth going here. The server was very rude - I have an unusual name and she didnt hide her opinion of it. The food was overpriced.

• Visited June 2014
Natick, MA
“All time favorite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Back in Seattle, staying again with family on Bainbridge Island, and dropped in for breakfast this morning at the Streamliner Diner---it was packed with happy folks, lots of chatter, only open spot was a stool at the counter. Greeted warmly, though I live in Boston and haven't been in in months--it's that kind of place. Great breakfasts, omelets and freshly-made muffins, coffee cup quickly re-filled---I highly recommend. An all-time favorite to start the day.

Visited July 2014