“The best pistachio ever”

Gelarto Italian Ice Cream and Global Arts
Price range: US$3 - US$5
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Description: We are a gelateria and fair-trade retailer serving artisan gelato, which is handcrafted from the finest ingredients. To complement our world-class gelato, we offer carefully-selected local artworks and fair trade handicrafts that will appeal to conscientious consumers and the communities they touch, both at home and around the world. Our aim is to provide an enriching experience that leaves customers satisfied in knowing they have made the world a little bit better through their purchases.
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Oh my God this is my first review but I had to let everybody know about it.
This is by far the best pistachio Gelato, ice cream or whatever you want to include in this category. I just happened to be visiting Bainbridge Island which is beautiful and stopped here. If you are visiting this Island I sure recommend visiting this place, and I say visiting because I'm pretty sure the locals all know this place by now.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We were on our way to lunch at Doc's when we spotted Gelarto. Because I am a gelato lover I had to check it out to see if I should save room for desert. The owner was so welcoming and excited about sharing any and all flavors with us. Even though I made it clear we were not buying anything at that time he never once made us feel like we were asking to much to sample the flavors. I have to admit that after one taste I was hooked. My sister owns a gelato shop in California so I do know the difference between quality gelato and cheaper products. We most definitely returned, even after a filling lunch, and ordered our cups because I just couldn't stand passing up on such great options and supporting such a welcoming and pleasant shop. Gelarto is a little of the main street so I do hope that tourists find it (I know the locals already know about it) because it really is a delight. A perfect island treat-even in the rain.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Absolutely the best gelato - made with organic ingredients - who could ask for more?! The owner is also quite gracious and I always look forward to my visits to his shop.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is absolutely the best gelato I have ever eaten and I am a long time gelato fan. I am so delighted to have this on the island where I live. All the flavors which I have tried (almost all of them) are intense, sophisticated and satisfying. I am especially fond of the pistachio.

There is a warm, friendly atmosphere in this little shop with a few tables inside and one outside but you can of course get yours to go if you prefer. You can also buy the gelato by the pint or quart. If you want to give your friends or loved ones a special treat, you couldn't make a better choice.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Nothing quite like gelato when it is freezing out but sometimes you just need your little bit of salted caramel and stracciatella! Perfect portions, friendly service...will return in the summer to try different flavors and take our gelato for a stroll around town.