“Superb gelato”

Gelarto Italian Ice Cream and Global Arts
Price range: US$3 - US$5
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Description: We are a gelateria and fair-trade retailer serving artisan gelato, which is handcrafted from the finest ingredients. To complement our world-class gelato, we offer carefully-selected local artworks and fair trade handicrafts that will appeal to conscientious consumers and the communities they touch, both at home and around the world. Our aim is to provide an enriching experience that leaves customers satisfied in knowing they have made the world a little bit better through their purchases.
Seattle, Washington
“Superb gelato”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I hate to share this little gem because it is a local secret. This place is fantastic, a bit off the beaten path, and a great price for top quality.

• Visited May 2014

New Jersey
“Meh”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Had tiramisu gelato here with my husband a couple of weeks ago on a visit to Bainbridge Island. The shop was a very clean and interesting place and the owner was very friendly but the gelato was nothing special. We had had amazingly delicious tiramisu gelato the previous night in Seattle and this was a big disappointment. Looking at the other reviews I have to wonder if we just hit an off batch.

• Visited June 2014
Texas
“Thank You God!!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I will make this short and sweet, go to Bainbridge Island and find Gelarto, eat massive amounts of gelato and thank me later!!

Really a wonderful place with an authentic Italian gelato maker who cares about his craft. Best I have had since being in Vernazza, Italy years ago. The rest of the island is very nice as well but for God's sake visit Gelarto!!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank exracer16
Lacey, Washington
“The best pistachio ever”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Oh my God this is my first review but I had to let everybody know about it.
This is by far the best pistachio Gelato, ice cream or whatever you want to include in this category. I just happened to be visiting Bainbridge Island which is beautiful and stopped here. If you are visiting this Island I sure recommend visiting this place, and I say visiting because I'm pretty sure the locals all know this place by now.

• Visited May 2014
santa rosa, CA
“What a treat!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We were on our way to lunch at Doc's when we spotted Gelarto. Because I am a gelato lover I had to check it out to see if I should save room for desert. The owner was so welcoming and excited about sharing any and all flavors with us. Even though I made it clear we were not buying anything at that time he never once made us feel like we were asking to much to sample the flavors. I have to admit that after one taste I was hooked. My sister owns a gelato shop in California so I do know the difference between quality gelato and cheaper products. We most definitely returned, even after a filling lunch, and ordered our cups because I just couldn't stand passing up on such great options and supporting such a welcoming and pleasant shop. Gelarto is a little of the main street so I do hope that tourists find it (I know the locals already know about it) because it really is a delight. A perfect island treat-even in the rain.

Visited May 2014