“A maze in the matrix!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Mystic, Connecticut
“A maze in the matrix!”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

It is built like a maze with underground parking next to an abandoned gas station. Lots of turns to get to the rooms. My room although very, very spacious smelled like a locker room. No other rooms were available. Ice machine was broken on the floor that I was on but you could go to the fourth to get some. If you don't stay on the top floor, you will hear the pounding of feet through the ceiling. The gal at the front desk was wonderful but she was not the owner or the builder! A different gal at the front desk the following morning gave me the code for the wireless internet telling me that it would fit the matrix. Yes, indeed. It most certainly does.

Room Tip: Stay on the 4th floor if you have to stay here.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank GraceC89

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed at the Bainbridge Island Best Western Hotel recently for a wedding. The accommodations are excellent. The room was spotless and the staff were terrific. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Bainbridge Island, WA.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bancroft, Canada
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I've stayed a few times while visiting on Bainbridge Island. This is not quite walking distance from the ferry (maybe 1.5 miles). Opposite a 24x7 grocery and strip-mall, so it's easy to get groceries & sundries. This hotel has an organic layout with lots of twisty-turns, so there are several different room layouts. I think they are all suite-style, with microwave, coffee/tea, sitting area, bedroom and bathroom. Not all rooms have a desk. Free Internet. Reasonable breakfast (included). Tiny exercise room, though jogging is good on sidewalks. A few areas have a slight musty smell, but not the rooms I've stayed in. It's seems well-managed, and the rooms are nicely maintained, clean, and modern. I've enjoyed staying here, and will stay again.

Room Tip: If you need a desk, make sure one is included in your room. Not all rooms have them.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My husband and I stay at the The Best Western on Bainbridge often as we have an uncle living there. We can testify that it is one of the nicest hotels that we have stayed at - It is always clean and tidy - it feels like our home away from home.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This hotel has large comfy rooms and is well priced, but here's where they really impressed me: when I checked out, I forgot my (new) bathrobe on the hook behind the bathroom door. When I called the hotel, the very nice woman who took my call immediately offered to send it to me. It arrived (in NYC) less than a week later. Fantastic!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Celia M
Oregon
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I am usually a loyal Best Western traveler, but we were very disappointed with our stay at the Bainbridge island location. I had reserved with the online-only rate weeks prior to our stay, purchasing the King bed rate and putting "quiet room please" in the notes.
Upon check-in, I was told that we were "moved to a room with 2 queens because it would be quieter." I was quite frustrated, because my husband and I are tall people and wanted a King bed. Also, why would the manager not call or email me prior to my arrival to ask if this was okay? Bainbridge Island is a very small, quiet town, and all the rooms in this hotel would have been quiet enough as long as they were away from the elevator. So when I asked to be moved to a king, I was shocked to see that they moved us to a room right in front of the noisy, constantly dinging elevator! Next they put us in a handicapped room which had an odd smell to it. I had to return to the front desk 3 times before they finally moved us to a room with 1 queen bed, away from the elevator. Apparently all the King rooms were sold out! Which was especially frustrating because I had reserved a King bed room weeks prior, so this made no sense.
The front desk staff seemed frustrated with me, and made me feel bad for requesting the room type I had originally booked.
Lastly, the bed we finally ended up with was one of the worst beds I have ever slept on. It creaked every time I turned over, and it hurt my back.
There is free parking downstairs, which was convenient, but the location is not in the quaint part of Bainbridge...it is across from a grocery and strip mall.

Room Tip: Make sure to request a room away from the elevator, because the elevators are noisy!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jetfiretraveler
Ketchikan
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The room was good... My first morning the guy who cleaned it did not leave me any coffee for the next morning.. Next mornt had to go to the lobby in order have coffee... Had breakfast 2 times.. The fist morning had to wait for the sausages. Second moring there was no eggs or fresh fruit out..

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Ballard
Hotel Ballard
Hotel Ballard
#23 of 101 in Seattle

Been to Best Western Plus Bainbridge Island Suites? Share your experiences!