“THE place to stay on Bainbridge Island”

Best Western Plus Bainbridge Island Suites
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I went to Bainbridge Island to visit an old friend who was retiring. Since his house was full of family, I needed a hotel that was conveniently close. This hotel fit the bill. Reasonably priced, very clean, located directly across from a shopping center and a short drive from my friend's home, this hotel was just the ticket. My only complaint was that the fitness center should be enlarged with more treadmills and elliptical machines added. Considering the nearly constant rain, running outside is often not an option.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carlyle B
Best-Western-Kaitlin, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Bainbridge Island Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for the positive review and honest suggestion, we really appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed one night at this hotel during a week long trip to Washington and Oregon. The hotel was easy to find, comfortable, and the staff went out of their way to be helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

The room:
The room was larger than I anticipated and very comfortable. The bedroom was separate from the sitting area, which was ideal. There was a mini-fridge, which was nice for keeping water cold. The shower was nice and strong. The only issue I had was that anytime anyone opened their door in the hallway, our door shook a little, which was noisy. This wasn't a major issue, but it was something that I noticed.

The breakfast:
The included breakfast was very nice, although the breakfast room was very small. Luckily, not many people wanted breakfast at the same time as we did. They should also keep some sort of cooking spray near the make-your-own-waffles, as mine ended up sticking to the iron. Options included fruit, waffles, cereal, eggs, sausages/bacon, potatoes, coffee, tea, and juices.

The location:
The hotel is located across from a Safeway, which was convenient for waters and snacks. The hotel also has its own private garage, which is nice. The hotel is also minutes away from the ferry, which is convenient.

2  Thank Lucinarei
Best-Western-Kaitlin, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Bainbridge Island Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Our entire staff would like to thank you for your wonderful review! We are grateful for your helpful suggestions and hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The construction of the building creates a great deal of noise from the above room, even someone just walking across the room above me was disturbing. The second day I requested that I be given another room on the top floor. My request was granted immediately with no argument from the front desk staff. Top marks for the efficiency of your staff. Poor marks for the building construction, worse than living in a cheap rooming house. I would request a top floor room next time. One other note, maybe it was the type of room I requested, but it could not have been further from the lobby, and as the hotel appeared not to be anywhere near full, surely closer rooms could have been available. Even the second room I was moved to was in exactly the same location only two floors up. Explanation please. Just one more comment, you request that we reuse the towels if we want and leave them in the bath if we want them changed, time and again we leave them hung up only to find that we get new towels when the room is serviced. Do your staff not understand the Green concept.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My last stay here made me realize what a difference the staff at any hotel makes. The staff here was always pleasant, professional & helpful. They must take 'nice pills' before work because I'm sure they get ornery clients. It makes the day or evening seem brighter - thanks!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

The rooms at the Best Western PLUS Bainbridge Island are very large. The "entry" to the room was very large, with a kitchenette feeling (refrigerator and microwave and cabinets). The room and bathroom were both clean. Parking is in a room key- controlled underground garage (nice plus). There is a grocery store and pharmacy located directly across the street and a gas station next door. Very convenient location.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the BW in Bainbridge Island. Great location - close to the ferry and great restaurants. Our room was very clean and spacious. A huge plus for us is BW Bainbridge government rates also include military retirees. Thank you and we'll be booking another stay in August.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank GEOSADIE
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The Best Western PLUS Bainbridge Island Suies provided easy access to the places on BI that I wanted to visit. Buses to other parts of the island run every 45 minutes and stops are conveniently located near the hotel. Plus, the hotel is a short walk from downtown Winslow with its museums, parks, shops and dining opportunities. The hotel is clean and quiet and the staff friendly and helpful. My room was near the elevator, but I never heard it! WIFI access in my room was just fine.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Belltown
The Edgewater, A Noble House Hotel
Inn at the Market
#1 of 104 in Seattle

Been to Best Western Plus Bainbridge Island Suites? Share your experiences!