“Great walk”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great walk”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Easy great walk on a sunny day; not too long to go all the way around, and when you are done you can sit in the beach area

Visited June 2014

Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Bare bones accommodations for too much $”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

For $94 we had a dirty cabin, dirty plastic covered thin mattress and walked to the shared bathroom that required quarters for every 3 minutes to shower. However it was somewhat close to Mt St Helen park.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Denise G
Sisters, Oregon
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Lovely Lake”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We visited the lake and found a beautiful lake tucked away in the forest. I found some beautiful views to photograph on the walk around the lake. There were quite a few people there but it was still a nice place to visit. We live about 400 miles away so won't be back for awhile. Will visit again if the opportunity presents itself. I just marked "no fee" but that might not be the case since Washington is charging an arm and a leg to visit their parks. Don't really know and can't erase the "NO" mark!!!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Widlfire
Gig Harbor, Washington, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Cabin 2014”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This was a fun trip for me. Unfortunately, it rained all day my third day there but it was nice to get off in the woods and away from most people. The main drawback is how close the campsites are. I had at least five campsites within 50 feet of me. I was there in the off-season so it was nice and peaceful but I can’t imagine going during the summer. Why bother leaving your neighborhood if you are going to camp with that many people right next to you?

I stayed in Cabin 17. They are all the same. I think Cabin 21 might provide a little more privacy but not much more. Cabins 12 and 13 are right next to each other so avoid renting those unless you and another family are renting both together. I was originally going to rent Cabin 13 and I’m glad I didn’t. It would have been hell if a family with kids had rented 12. As I said, I was lucky in that only few people were around because it was the off-season and I went during the week. Definitely the way to go if you are just a guy looking for some solitude.
Every cabin can sleep 3 to 5 people but the beds are small. I wouldn’t have been comfortable on the full bed or the futon with another person. Each cabin has a small table and four chairs. There is a fire pit and small BBQ grill along with a standard picnic table outside. There are public bathrooms that are cleaner than expected but not as clean as I would like. Showers are 50 cents for 3 minutes.

The park is about 10 minutes from town so it is easy to pick up extra supplies and I didn’t have any problems with my phone. There is a place in the park that looks like you could buy ice and firewood but they were closed while I was there. In fact, no one was staffing the gatehouse when I came to check in. The cabin was unlocked with instructions on the door. When you go to town do yourself a favor and try Burgerville. It reminds me of the non-chain burger restaurants that were around when I was a kid. Everything is fresh and cheap for what you get.

Hiking was ok but I didn’t get to do as much as I liked. Some of the trails are no joke. You can easily break a leg if you don’t watch yourself. Very dense forest with lots of steep hills. The lake is nice. I don’t fish or swim but I was tempted to go by a large inner tube to float around on. It was a nice experience overall but I would hate to be there on a weekend during the peak season.

Visited May 2014
5 Thank Bill H
Battle Ground, Washington
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great Hike”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

One of the nicest things you can do is take a nice hike around the lake. It's also full of great picnic spots.

Visited April 2014