“Better than expected at Selah Inn”
Review of Selah Inn

Selah Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belfair
Selah Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Belfair B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 February 2008

It was a cold windy weekend but loved the Selah Inn. We arrived late but the owners left the key for us and all the instructions we needed to have a great stay. The King Suite was very nice, spacious and clean. The Jacuzzi tub and bathroom were exceptional. It was right by the water where you could look for oysters.
It's also very close to town to get food or supplies, some nice walking trails and also has a nice highway drive along the Hood Canal.

The best part was the food though. Our breakfasts, which were included, were very delicious. Everything made from scratch. Spend the extra for the 5 course dinner. It was worth it. Very delicious bread, soup salad, main course and desert. No complaints at all.

The people were very friendly as well. Consider going in the off season for more privacy. We pretty much had the whole place to ourselves.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank crs079

Aberdeen, WA
Reviewed 6 May 2006

We stayed on a Thursday night in the king suite with a jacuzzi tub for two and a balcony. the day was warm so we spend time on the balcony with a view of the water and the other two cabins. It was very quiet. No dinner was available that night so we did find a subpar place to eat in the big city of Belfair. Comfortable bed, could have lived in the jacuzzi, enjoyed having robes to use after the tub, breakfast was okay. Owner does not live on site, (I believe she is next door) and had forgotten we were coming. Place is very clean and nice.

• Stayed: May 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 January 2005

My sister and I took our mother to the Selah Inn for her 87th birthday celebration. The food was delicious, the owner met me with a smile and a hot pot of tea (not the normal fare of a tea bag on the side). The accomodations for our luncheon were lovely - all of us felt as though we were on a wonderful, fantasy retreat. The food was excellent and the owner was a superb hostess.

After our luncheon, the owner showed us her kitchen ( a love of ours ) and was thoroughly delightful.

My husband and I owned and operated a bed and breakfast in Belfair for four years ... I often receive phone calls to see if we are still open and I refer them to Selah Inn and will continue to do so.

4  Thank chimakuni
shelton wa
Reviewed 4 November 2004

To anyone that would consider staying or eating at this Inn, I warn you.......I was taken there for Mothers-day brunch. The prices were too high and the accomodations were not that good plus they tried to over charge me for a glass of champane that I thought was complimentary. When we brought this to the attention of the waitress there was no hope. Greed would play a part in the overall attitude of Selah Inn. I , nor anyone I know will go there.

15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 12 October 2004

We were extremely disappointed with both the accommodations and the level of service that we received during our recent stay. For our wedding weekend, we reserved at least half of the establishment. It started when I requested a written confirmation of the reservations and cancellation policy, the owner opted to send an altered version with a steeper policy of cancellation even though our conversation, the brochures and their website all stated the original, cheaper quote. Upon arrival to the facilities to check in our guests, I was informed that the studio that we had reserved 4 months ahead of time was not available.
I let the owners know that our guests would not arrive until that evening for check-in, thinking that it had not yet been prepared for their arrival. Only later did I find out that they had instead decided to give the studio to their own children, with absolutely no advance notice to us. With a large number of guests to accommodate (40) and a wedding the next day that the owners of the inn were aware of as we had inquired with them about catering (that they didn’t follow through with as promised), we had to rearrange everything because the guests that were to use the studio had a toddler with them. Their own brochures indicate that children are not allowed in the main house. How would the other guests have felt about a screaming 2 year old? The room offered did not have kitchen facilities nor the space needed for a toddler.
The kicker to this is that the owner had the audacity to say something to the effect of, "I just wish you would have told me that no one was going to be using the B&B room because maybe we could have rented it out."
Perhaps if they had let us know even a few days in advance that they were going to give a room reserved 4 months in advance to their own children, we could have made other plans altogether. Their actions added stress to an already hectic day.
We have traveled a bit and were unaware that anywhere but developing nations did we have to ask the question, "Do you have electricity and hot water in your facilities?” Not wanting to bother us at the time, our guests let us know just recently that one cottage was without electricity in a good portion of the house and another was without hot water. Exactly where is pride of ownership here?
After all of this, they tried to charge us for an unused room.
Instead of thinking that perhaps a couple that got married down the road might want to stay in their accommodations for their anniversary every few years as a wonderful reminder, their service and attitude were enough to make us write this review. We are sorry that what we can only assume is greed clouds their efforts.

24  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Selah Inn? Share your experiences!