“Amazing Athletic Club & Property”
Review of Hotel Bellevue

Hotel Bellevue
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Valet & Check in effortless, Room was outstanding, Very clean, Large comfortable & Very Quiet, Ice Machine is bagged and in a Chest in the hall, even the elevator signals are quiet. Nice Club lounge where every one at the Hotel is welcome not only the Club Level Quests. Continental Breakfast every AM Wine and Chees and fresh fruit in weekdays in the PM. Concieres service was excellent! The All included Gym, Pools Tennis and Many other activities available are Over the Top!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chestunes

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was a well appointed and attractive boutique hotel adjacent to a huge health club. We enjoyed playing on the nicely maintained tennis courts and especially the basketball courts which included a full court with 6 foot hoops and smaller balls for the kids. The three pools were impressive, one outdoor which was on the cold side, and two full length indoor pools. The only drawback was that you were sharing the facilities with the many local members, but we did not have any difficulties in this regard. Also, the service was great and they provided a good complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank joe f
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Having no expectations, it's always nice to be pleasantly surprised :) The rooms are extremely spacious and comfortable, the service is bend over back friendly, and having use of their complimentary car is an added bonus! Unfortunately our stay here was just for one night so I really hope to be back soon to experience everything else this hotel has to offer.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We had the chance to get away for a date night...over night date night. We waited last minute to find a reservation and luckily for us, Hotel Bellevue had space available. We booked a standard room and much to our surprise, we were upgraded to a suite upon checking in. Our accommodations were nothing less than 5* for sure!. A beautifully appointment living room area, lovely powder room, luxurious master bedroom with a bathroom as large as my son's bedroom. Deep soaker jazucci tub and separate large square shower. They think of everything amenity wise. The bathroom had lovely creams and shampoo, plus a large container of bath salts and new loofas for the bath tub. More than enough towels were provided in addition to two plush robes.

We cancelled our in town dinner reservation and opted to dine at Polaris, the fine dining restaurant for members and hotel guests only. We're glad we did. Our meal was as delicious as you would expect any fine dining meal to be. Our waitress was knowledgeable about the menu and when she found out we were on "date night" she comp'd our dessert. When we returned to our room we found a nice bottle of red wine waiting compliments of the hotel. We didn't hear any other guest noise from our room except water running in the morning when we were in our own bathroom.

The hotel has a huge gym and pool which are excellent, but we did not use. The hotel also has other restaurants that are good and not fine dining.

There was nothing negative about this stay and everything positive. I told my husband if I run away from home, I'll be at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah C
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stay here whenever we have business in Bellevue. Great location, nice rooms , helpful staff. Not fancy but clean and comfortable & reasonably priced. Close to downtown restaurants & shopping. Would recommend. Has free WiFi, parking & nice continental breakfast included.. Only con would be their workout area - pretty minimal.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Evie J
Jerry S, Manager at Hotel Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Good afternoon Evie, thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent visit to Hotel Bellevue and the Pacific Northwest. While your review is quite complimentary, I would be remiss if I did not extend a sincere apology on behalf of my co-workers for not directing you properly to our 200,000 square foot athletic facility, Bellevue Club. The club, which the hotel is built into, is equipped with four floors of athletic and wellness studios, two indoor swimming pools, full service spa and both indoor and outdoor tennis courts. All registered hotel guests receive access to the club including the 70+ weekly fitness classes.

Your feedback is valuable to us and I will use your comments to retrain each of our guest service personnel to insure that every guest is aware of all the special amenities Hotel Bellevue offers.

Jerry Stotler
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed for two nights in the Hotel Bellevue on a trip to Seattle just before a 7 day cycling trip through the Cascades. This was part of a gift to myself to relax and get away doing something new.

When I look for hotels, I always look at several things, including (important for me as I am trying to be consistent about exercise) the fitness facility. This hotel has an AMAZING fitness facility... really five star. They have a huge lap pool, for one thing.... IOW a pool in which you can actually swim for exercise. The fitness facility is actually a separate club to which members from the surrounding area belong and at which they work out, attend classes, etc. Hotel guests have complimentary use. It is an incredible facility with new and up-to-date equipment of every kind, numerous weight rooms, cardio rooms, yoga and aerobics rooms, and health consultants, among many other attributes. I took two of the best yoga classes I have ever had on consecutive days in the hotel; there are numerous classes of many kinds every day and, again, hotel guests have access.

The hotel itself is very lovely, and done in a sort of mix of Frank Lloyd Wright/prairie school design and decor and a Pacific Northwest woodsy decor. It is beautiful and very comfortable. I had two rooms (a different one each night).

The reasons I did not give the hotel itself a five-star: One, there were no refrigerators in the room which I found odd. You could not bring in and store anything cold. Second, I paid more the second night for a "better" room which was smaller, and less comfortable than the first one. Third, the staff need a bit better training or a more attentive attitude. I called the front desk a few times with questions and/or about having booked a second night, and virtually every time I was put on hold endlessly and a couple times disconnected. They should have told me they were busy and offered to ring me back and then actually followed up doing that. Also I found two of the front desk staff to be somewhat curt and less than warm in addressing the guests. I don't need people to act like my best friend, but if you are staying at a high-end hotel (or anywhere for that matter), as a guest you expect and deserve to have staff be at least moderately attentive to the fact that you are a paying customer.

On the other hand, the valet and bell staff were excellent.

I would absolutely stay at this hotel again and would be hoping to take advantage of the spa.

Room Tip: The "premium" room I had, which was the least costly, was far better than the "deluxe...