“Perfect location to catch a Mariners baseball game”
Review of Sheraton Bellevue

Sheraton Bellevue
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We booked the Sheraton Bellevue, a 3 1/2 star property so that we could take in a baseball game in downtown Seattle.

We booked it through Hotwire and got a great rate of $115, including taxes a fees. The room although a little tired was very clean and the bed, duvet, comfy pillows, and cotton sheets very comfortable. Check was pleasant and efficient. Parking was free. The hotel even has a shuttle to take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius. We took advantage of this service to get to Bellevue Square, about 12 blocks away, for great shopping and restaurants. The cost even included a full buffet breakfast.

We didn't want to drive and park in downtown Seattle, so we took public transportation for $2.50 from Bellevue Park & Ride to the King Street station, a 15 minute ride and a 5 minute walk to Safeco field. All very convenient from the Sheraton.

Room Tip: Our room faced the freeway but we couldn't hear any traffic noise. Our room was on the 4th floo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 July 2012

Good location with easy access to everything in the area. Seattle is just a quick 10-15 minutes away. For the rate offered, it was a very good value. Check-in was very smooth and requests for early check-in are approved providing your room is available. I had several interactions with Heidi at the Front Desk who was always very helpful and greeted me with a smile each time. The entire staff at the Sheraton Bellevue is friendly and more than willing to help.

The hotel itself is older and my guess it is was another hotel before coming under the Starwood family of hotels. The lobby area is open and nice. There are several computers towards the back of the lobby which guests can use and print boarding passes. No free connectivity in the rooms unless you pay for it or book a Club Level room (more later). The only issue I have with this area is that the computer screen face the lobby area which means no privacy. Suggestion - do not look up bank accounts, finances or anything of that nature since anyone could be watching you.

The Bellevue Grill is the hotel restaurant and is reasonably priced and offers a varied menu. There is also a Mexican restaurant next to the hotel which is also good and well priced.

We had a Club Level room which is located on floors 6 and 7 (key card access only) and give guests access to the Club Lounge which provides a Deluxe Continental Breakfast, non-alcoholic beverages and an evening reception. There is free internet connectivity in your room when you book a Club Level room. I found the Club Level to be somewhat disappointing. It was not quite the caliber of other Sheraton (Starwood) properties I have stayed at on the Club Level. The breakfast was okay but not great. I was told that breakfast started at 630AM each morning, BUT was not told that on the weekends the start time was 700AM. The evening receptions were nice, but again, left a bit to be desired. The hot items on two separate evenings was cheese based (croquettes one night; nacho cheese sauce another night). There was no hot option if you cannot have cheese in your diet. Then there were the cold options which also contained cheese Also, there wasn't any signage stating that soft drinks were available so the only thing we were aware of was the bottled water. For the time being I don't think the cost of the Club Level room is really worth it. I was told the Club Level is to undergo renovations and brought up to the Club Level standards of other Sheratons. Check on this before you book yourself and pay extra. Once done I'm sure it will be top notch.

Room: We were in room 613. Room was on the small side, but still nice and well appointed. Room and bathroom were very clean. Towels showed no signs of wear or even slight stains. Bed was very comfortable and we greatly appreciated all the pillows. However, there were several issues with our room. The first was the A/C - Fan unit. These are older, wall mounted units. The noise from the sound of the fan was so loud every time it kicked on that it was difficult to sleep or focus on anything (noise sometimes dwindled but never to the point that you could overlook it). The second and third day the A/C-Fan unit stopped working. Fan would still run but no change to the temp in the room. The room was unusually warm and stuffy, to the point of being humid. When we left early in the morning, I turned the thermostat down to 65 degrees and left the fan on. Upon returning later in the afternoon the room had not cooled down and remained stuffy until our departure. After the second day our phone stopped working which was why I did not receive our second morning wake-up call (security actually came by our room). This was fixed after approximately 36 hours. The hotel informed me that all the AC/Heating units are due to be upgraded by next year. Be sure to ask for a room that has had the upgrade already completed.

With the exception of the few issues we had, our stay was very nice. Great location, rates and service. We wish there had been a swimming pool, but it was fine without.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I don't usually stay at Sheratons, but this time I had to, and the experience was not very good, the rooms are old, the building is old and even though I stayed at the Club floor, I honestly wont stay here again. While business travel you expect the hotel to be a getaway for the day, a "luxury" for the hard work done, not a place where you are not fully comfortable...
Pros. as usual, Sheraton service is ALWAYS great, but hotels are a little too old for me.

Room Tip: It has a great location though... its close to pretty much everything..
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Great location, friendly staff, the hotel has updated rooms and free internet in the lobby. The rooms have nice LCD TVs, however, the TV channels are not digital, so the quality is not HD. The club level lounge is nice but a little small. I would definitely stay again.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

this is a great hotel with super friendly staff. rooms not your biggest, but its clean and comfortable. this is a hotel you can count on. happy to recommend this to anyone looking for a cozy stay on business.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Overall it was a good stay - good location within 10mis walking distance of most corporate offices in Bellevue. The Beds are great - very comfortable.

The only negative to the stay was the experience of the Club Floor product. I upgraded to the Club level to get a) internet included and b) breakfast included - as there are no cafes nearby to get something.

I would not upgrade next time based on the poor quality of the experience in the Club Lounge. What disappointed me the most was that only plastic cutlery and plastic cups were available. Definately not what I was expecting and felt very 'school lunch hall'. The selection of breakfast food was very minimal as well. The proper breakfast (full cooked option) is served in the main hotel restaurant and this is what I would go for next time.

The Club Level experience could be improved with proper cutlery and a more substantial breakfast offering which was certainly costed into the price of the upgrade I paid for. The 'upgrade' seemed like a 'downgrade'.

Finally, one of the male staff members in the Club Lounge was very rude and unhelpful.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

A couple of things the hotel going for it were the rooms, free parking and Club Room. The hotel was recently renovated so the room furnishings and bathrooms were pretty good and not beat down. My room had wood floors in the entryway and carpeting under the beds. The beds were, as usual, very nice and comfortable. However, I really those down pillows (no neck support). My room faced the parking lot and freeway. Luckily, the windows kept the roar of the traffic out. As others have mentioned, the place did have free parking which in downtown Bellevue is a rarity. My room's proximity to the Club Room made getting snacks and breakfast very convenient. Also, it has a computer so you don't need to go downstairs.

There were a few things I did not like. It's an old building so there weren't many suites in the entire hotel and the exterior is sort of rundown. Even though I was an SPG Platinum Guest, they didn't upgrade me to a suite because they were "entirely booked for the night" which is what they always seem to say. What's the point of being Platinum if you don't get upgrades to a suite? Plus, they also put me in a room facing the freeway. Really? That's the best they could do? It's frustrating sometimes. The walls are also very thin that I heard my neighbors next door. Although the hotel is in downtown Bellevue, it's a bit of a hike up some good sized hills to get to the downtown area. I ended up driving and parking at the mall. You will have to do this because there's really nothing around the hotel except for the hotel's restaurants which weren't very good.

Overall, it's a good stop if you need to be in downtown Bellevue. Otherwise, it's just okay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business