“Older property, but staff friendliness makes up for it”
Review of Sheraton Bellevue

Sheraton Bellevue
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Victoria, Canada
“Older property, but staff friendliness makes up for it”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This hotel is an older hotel, but we found the staff and their friendliness made up for that. We were on a club floor with the complimentary snack and continental breakfast in the morning. location to the highway was good and the suite we were in was older and showing its age a bit, but clean and suited us just fine. I don't think we had to pay for parking here, and that made up for any shortcomings. We have also stayed downtown in Seattle and the parking prices were unreal. Even if one were to get a good price on a room, the parking fees alone would negate any special room price.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Brian L, General Manager at Sheraton Bellevue, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thanks for your kind review, and for recognizing the friendliness of our team. We agree....Free parking is worth at least $25-$35 in savings versus the Seattle /newer Bellevue hotels. We do have an older, iconic building, but we are excited about a planned facelift for the property, and we will keep you posted on firm dates as we move the process forward. Let me know when you plan on coming again, and I'll make a point to greet you, in person.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Carbondale, Illinois
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My wife and I stayed for altogether eight nights over the Xmas period. We were very pleased indeed with the service and the quality of attention we got from staff. Each day we were taken by courtesy van to our daughter's house in Lakeview Heights. The van also took us to the Bellevue Mall and Safeways at different times. The van will also pick you up and take you back to the hotel. This saved us the pain of hiring a car, or waiting around in the cold at bus stops. The restaurant was excellent; breakfast was always great, with very friendly courtious service. Good computer set up in the foyer area. Everything including our room was beautifully clean.
We can very strongly recommend this hotel

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Brian L, General Manager at Sheraton Bellevue, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for sharing your great experience. Convenience is always nice...especially when it comes to the ease of getting around town.

Please come and see us again, and we'll be glad to be at your service once again!

With kind regards,
Brian
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I was going to Seatlle area with my GF without knowing that was a Seattle' Seahaws Playoffs game that weekend, so prices went crazy and we considered to stay a little further away. Luckily, that hotel became a very good option, it was the best 4 stars price in the region for the weekend. Since the hotel was somewhat full, they couldn't give me an upgrade for my SPG status but still they granted access to the Club Lounge, where breakfast was served from 7 to 10 am (That hours should increase to 11 am during weekends, it was noticeable the amount of people that were getting in last minute for breakfast since they were taking it away at 10 am sharp).
The room that was gave to me was on a 1st floor which I don't like normally due to noise / view / security issues, but even like that, the room was pretty quiet the whole time and we didn't have noise issues the whole trip. Kudos also to the Gym, located on the basement, it has good size and a full rack of weights that made me smile.
I will give it another try next time I visit Bellevue.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
So glad to hear that you are coming back. Thank you for your business and for taking the time to connect with us about your stay.

Great feedback. We'll see about making some things happen by your next trip.....

Come see us again, anytime....Just FYI...another Seahawks playoff game is occurring on Sunday January 19 : )

Thanks again,
Brian
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Hmmm.. I'm very puzzled why they wouldn't get at least four out of five. What I experienced was five star service, quiet quiet rooms, and an excellent facility. The staff. Well. what can I say? Beyond top notch. Room Service: Ultra fast, good old fashioned Americans serving me, friendly and knowledgeable about the area. Concierge - very fast, very efficient, and they even called up several hours later to make sure everything was all right, which it was. Check in and out was a breeze. The food was excellent. Even when the ice machine was broken, room service brought up a whole bunch. Ultra comfortable beds - bathroom was immaculate.
My only beefs were the ice machine wasn't working on my floor, and I wished for a fridge/freezer in the room. It's a want, not a lack of having, so to speak, so I can't really ding them. It's right off the freeway, easy access, and close enough to everything where it SHALL be the only place I ever stay when coming to Seattle. Ever. THe staff even commented it was a great organization and they loved to work for them. Now, how about that? That, my traveling friends, is the BEST endorsement you can EVER have. Bravo!

Room Tip: I have no experience except I was on the fifth floor, and didn't hear a darned thing.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Brian L, General Manager at Sheraton Bellevue, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
I am not ashamed to tell you that your kind review brought a tear of gratitude to my eye. I have forwarded your response to our entire team and i would really like to meet you in person on your next visit .to say thank you and to return your kindness in some way.

May your 2014 be filled with much joy, success and happiness!
Ontario, California
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My fiance and I had an absolutely AMAZING time staying at this hotel. Everything far exceeded our expectations. When we were first looking for a place to call "home" on our vacation, we thought we might end up with a grimy little room in a not-so-wonderful part of town. NOT the case with the Sheraton here in Bellevue! Everything was wonderful, from the staff to the room to the restaurant and everything in between! We were checked in by the oh so amazing and friendly Ginger. We felt right at home, like we'd known her for years. :) She went above and beyond to make us feel like valued guests, something I'd never experienced at a hotel before. Every member of the staff was courteous to us, room service was fast as lightning and the restaurant....so yummy! We were here over Christmas and New Years so the hotel was rather empty, but this meant we had peace and quiet. Loved that. Our bed? Amaaaziiing! It was like sleeping on a fluffy marshmallow cloud. Overall, I would say this hotel was PERFECT. We never had to drive more than 25 minutes to get anywhere we wanted to go (aside from hiking on Mt. Rainier, but it's worth the 2 hour drive).

You won't find marble floors and stuffy attendants here folks. You'll find warm, kindhearted, genuine people with a passion for making your stay as memorable as possible with wonderfully modern decor. <3

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks for remembering Ginger.....She is a wonderful person.....and she is one of the many people who truly enjoy getting to know our guests.

I'm glad you and your fiance had the whole place to yourselves, and even more flattered that you would call us your "Home away from home."

Thanks for enjoying our hotel and staff...but I'll bet the high point of your trip was hiking around Mount Ranier (if you'll pardon the pun) : )

Please let Ginger or me know when you plan a return trip....we'll roll out the red carpet for you!!
Vancouver
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We visit Bellevue frequently and always stay here. We can count on friendly staff who go above and beyond to ensure we have a pleasant stay. The hotel is just a 15 minute walk from all the shopping and they also have a shuttle service if you prefer. Modern decor, super comfortable beds, and computers with internet access in the lobby. Reasonable rates. FREE parking.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Brian L, General Manager at Sheraton Bellevue, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Truly, it is a great match between guest and hotel that our staff be called friendly....We so appreciate your review and your business. Please reach out to me on your next visit so that I can meet you, say thank you, and welcome you back in person.
Albany, Oregon
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel recently over the Christmas holiday and were favorably impressed with the value to be had for the money. The location is very central to Bellevue, and even for jaunts into Seattle it was an easy commute. It is clear that the hotel has some years on it, but refurbishments are pretty decent, but certainly not lavish. The staff could not have been more gracious, accommodating and eager to please. Starwood and the Sheraton brand are making good progress in service and training. I would recommend this as good value for the mid-range type of chain hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CateCaruso
Thank you for your review. Your comments of "Gracious, accommodating and eager to please" makes us feel we are extending the art of hospitality as it should be.

Stay tuned...we are plannning some updates at the hotel that will give us a nice makeover this year that will add to the value even more.