“Don't trust the management...”
Review of Sheraton Bellevue

Sheraton Bellevue
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Ashburn, Virginia
“Don't trust the management...”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton Bellevue for 30, nearly consecutive, weeks in 2013. When our project ended suddenly, I (and the other folks on the project) asked them to cancel the upcoming reservations. Big meeting at the front desk, a whole bunch of us cancelling all our future reservations, long story short, they said they would take care of it but did not, and continued to bill my credit card for another 10 weeks. When I saw the charges I called the hotel and they said "oh, hi, we were just getting ready to call you." Really? after 10 weeks of no shows and hitting my credit card every Sunday night? - and after the goodbyes to all at the desk? (this event acknowledged in an email from the manager after I called to inquire about the charges).

This shed light on another incident that occurred earlier. A Bose headset disappeared from my room. I reported it to the front desk. Two months later I accidently left my replacement Bose headset at the hotel. I realized it an hour later when I got to the airport and phoned the hotel. they said they would look for it. When I returned the following week, I asked at the front desk and the person on duty said, "yes, we retrieved the headset, but I don't have a key to the safe (or office area)". When I came by the next day they said they did not have the headset. I sent an email to management and they demanded to know who had told me that. I felt that the person was telling the truth and did not name names, I told them they could read about it in a police report that I was going to file. And just like that a few minutes later, lo and behold the headset appeared. When they handed it over to me it was like they were mad that they had to give it up.

I was at the hotel many weeks and there are some nice people there, but the management is untrustworthy, in my opinion. If you have to stay there, don't leave anything of value in the room, and diligently check your credit card activity in the months following your stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Brian L, General Manager at Sheraton Bellevue, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
David, your comments are duly noted and recorded. I will investigate and get back to you under separate cover. I know who you are.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I recently stayed in the Sheraton Bellevue for a week whilst in the US on business. The stay was completely trouble free.

As a Starwoods guest the dedicated check-in desk is a great facility, if you are not already a member I would recommend you sign-up. I arrived after 14 hours travelling from the UK, and was dealt with swiftly and courteously by the reception staff.

The room was spacious, well equipped for all my needs and with an extremely comfortable bed. The bathroom also has all that you need during your stay.

I was in town with my boss and the two of us used the bar each evening to catch-up after the days events. The ladies running the bar are a pleasure, always friendly, happy to offer advice on food and drink, but not at all pushy.

The free parking is great, and plentiful, and access to the freeway and to downtown Bellevue is easy.

I am back in Bellevue later this year and will be back to the Sheraton.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are quieter than the back, which overlooks the freeway.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Brian L, General Manager at Sheraton Bellevue, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Warm regards from the "States"... Thank you for your kind words. I am pleased to hear of your great experience at our hotel.

If you return anytime soon, please make a point to look me up, as I have spent some time in the UK, and would love to catch up on some of the development in some neighborhoods if you know them.

Take good care and I hope to welcome you back again, in person. Reach out and let me know when you are coming. I will have your favorite beverage waiting for you in the bar, and will pass along your compliments to Clara and Jill, as well.

Cheers,
Brian La Plante
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This hotel is an older hotel, but we found the staff and their friendliness made up for that. We were on a club floor with the complimentary snack and continental breakfast in the morning. location to the highway was good and the suite we were in was older and showing its age a bit, but clean and suited us just fine. I don't think we had to pay for parking here, and that made up for any shortcomings. We have also stayed downtown in Seattle and the parking prices were unreal. Even if one were to get a good price on a room, the parking fees alone would negate any special room price.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Brian L, General Manager at Sheraton Bellevue, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thanks for your kind review, and for recognizing the friendliness of our team. We agree....Free parking is worth at least $25-$35 in savings versus the Seattle /newer Bellevue hotels. We do have an older, iconic building, but we are excited about a planned facelift for the property, and we will keep you posted on firm dates as we move the process forward. Let me know when you plan on coming again, and I'll make a point to greet you, in person.
Carbondale, Illinois
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My wife and I stayed for altogether eight nights over the Xmas period. We were very pleased indeed with the service and the quality of attention we got from staff. Each day we were taken by courtesy van to our daughter's house in Lakeview Heights. The van also took us to the Bellevue Mall and Safeways at different times. The van will also pick you up and take you back to the hotel. This saved us the pain of hiring a car, or waiting around in the cold at bus stops. The restaurant was excellent; breakfast was always great, with very friendly courtious service. Good computer set up in the foyer area. Everything including our room was beautifully clean.
We can very strongly recommend this hotel

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Brian L, General Manager at Sheraton Bellevue, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for sharing your great experience. Convenience is always nice...especially when it comes to the ease of getting around town.

Please come and see us again, and we'll be glad to be at your service once again!

With kind regards,
Brian
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I was going to Seatlle area with my GF without knowing that was a Seattle' Seahaws Playoffs game that weekend, so prices went crazy and we considered to stay a little further away. Luckily, that hotel became a very good option, it was the best 4 stars price in the region for the weekend. Since the hotel was somewhat full, they couldn't give me an upgrade for my SPG status but still they granted access to the Club Lounge, where breakfast was served from 7 to 10 am (That hours should increase to 11 am during weekends, it was noticeable the amount of people that were getting in last minute for breakfast since they were taking it away at 10 am sharp).
The room that was gave to me was on a 1st floor which I don't like normally due to noise / view / security issues, but even like that, the room was pretty quiet the whole time and we didn't have noise issues the whole trip. Kudos also to the Gym, located on the basement, it has good size and a full rack of weights that made me smile.
I will give it another try next time I visit Bellevue.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
So glad to hear that you are coming back. Thank you for your business and for taking the time to connect with us about your stay.

Great feedback. We'll see about making some things happen by your next trip.....

Come see us again, anytime....Just FYI...another Seahawks playoff game is occurring on Sunday January 19 : )

Thanks again,
Brian
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Hmmm.. I'm very puzzled why they wouldn't get at least four out of five. What I experienced was five star service, quiet quiet rooms, and an excellent facility. The staff. Well. what can I say? Beyond top notch. Room Service: Ultra fast, good old fashioned Americans serving me, friendly and knowledgeable about the area. Concierge - very fast, very efficient, and they even called up several hours later to make sure everything was all right, which it was. Check in and out was a breeze. The food was excellent. Even when the ice machine was broken, room service brought up a whole bunch. Ultra comfortable beds - bathroom was immaculate.
My only beefs were the ice machine wasn't working on my floor, and I wished for a fridge/freezer in the room. It's a want, not a lack of having, so to speak, so I can't really ding them. It's right off the freeway, easy access, and close enough to everything where it SHALL be the only place I ever stay when coming to Seattle. Ever. THe staff even commented it was a great organization and they loved to work for them. Now, how about that? That, my traveling friends, is the BEST endorsement you can EVER have. Bravo!

Room Tip: I have no experience except I was on the fifth floor, and didn't hear a darned thing.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Brian L, General Manager at Sheraton Bellevue, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
I am not ashamed to tell you that your kind review brought a tear of gratitude to my eye. I have forwarded your response to our entire team and i would really like to meet you in person on your next visit .to say thank you and to return your kindness in some way.

May your 2014 be filled with much joy, success and happiness!
Ontario, California
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My fiance and I had an absolutely AMAZING time staying at this hotel. Everything far exceeded our expectations. When we were first looking for a place to call "home" on our vacation, we thought we might end up with a grimy little room in a not-so-wonderful part of town. NOT the case with the Sheraton here in Bellevue! Everything was wonderful, from the staff to the room to the restaurant and everything in between! We were checked in by the oh so amazing and friendly Ginger. We felt right at home, like we'd known her for years. :) She went above and beyond to make us feel like valued guests, something I'd never experienced at a hotel before. Every member of the staff was courteous to us, room service was fast as lightning and the restaurant....so yummy! We were here over Christmas and New Years so the hotel was rather empty, but this meant we had peace and quiet. Loved that. Our bed? Amaaaziiing! It was like sleeping on a fluffy marshmallow cloud. Overall, I would say this hotel was PERFECT. We never had to drive more than 25 minutes to get anywhere we wanted to go (aside from hiking on Mt. Rainier, but it's worth the 2 hour drive).

You won't find marble floors and stuffy attendants here folks. You'll find warm, kindhearted, genuine people with a passion for making your stay as memorable as possible with wonderfully modern decor. <3

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks for remembering Ginger.....She is a wonderful person.....and she is one of the many people who truly enjoy getting to know our guests.

I'm glad you and your fiance had the whole place to yourselves, and even more flattered that you would call us your "Home away from home."

Thanks for enjoying our hotel and staff...but I'll bet the high point of your trip was hiking around Mount Ranier (if you'll pardon the pun) : )

Please let Ginger or me know when you plan a return trip....we'll roll out the red carpet for you!!