“Convenient location!”
Review of Sheraton Bellevue

Sheraton Bellevue
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed overnight during our recent visit to the Bellevue. The hotel looks a bit dated from the outside, but the interior has had some work done to it. Staff are friendly and rooms are clean.

Front desk even offered us an upgrade to the Club level (Level 7) with free lounge access for complimentary wifi and appies.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade when you check-in to Level 7. Doesn't hurt to try!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Brian L, General Manager at Sheraton Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thanks for staying with us.
I'm glad our staff was able to take good care of you.
What we lack in fancy curb appeal, we try to make up for in friendly sincere hospitality...and convenient location with free parking!!

Please come visit us again, soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

This is our favorite SPG hotel in the Seattle area. It isn't the most upscale, but we like their services and beds. No charge parking usually seals the deal for us. We are SPG and appreciate the little extras we get because of it. We will be back.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Brian L, General Manager at Sheraton Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

......and we'll always be here for you, along with the little extras. Thanks for making us your steady go to hotel for Bellevue. Please reach out to me on your next visit so I can meet you and thank you in person.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was looking to stay in a hotel in Seattle but it was too expensive. Sheraton hotel in Bellvue had a great offer and it is conveniently located in Bellevue. It is only 20 min away from Seattle and easily accessible by car.
Staff were very friendly and couteous. WiFi was included in the rate. With a $20 upgrade, access to business lounge is provided where breakfast and a light dinner is served. Definately a good value.
Lots of good restaurants and shopping within a short distance from the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the highway side will be much quiter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Brian L, General Manager at Sheraton Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share you good experience. I completely agree with you...I believe our Club level rooms are a good deal considering the inclusion of Wifi internet plus the breakfast, a business Club lounge with an all day espresso machine and evening appetizers....especially with the rising prices in general for Bellevue. A good value indeed.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I generally make Westins my Starwood hotel of choice when visiting a city for the first time. In my experience, the consistency of quality at Westins trump those of Sheratons. In the past, some Sheratons would be nice while others would be quite dated. Based on the strong reviews on TripAdvisor, I used 20,000 SPG points to book 2 nights for a wedding I was attending in Bellevue.

Upon finding the hotel, I was a bit concerned. The exterior had that slightly dated look of older Sheratons. But entering the lobby, my concerns began to vanish. The lobby follows what other hotels like Marriott Courtyards are doing with ample areas to sit and relax. A separate area has 5 terminals with web access, and a self serve printer. Very convenient without needing to hunt for a business center.

Service upon check-in was warm, friendly and efficient. Here are my pros and cons:

Pros:

-Modern, comfortable lobby for lounging or waiting.
-Plenty of free web terminals to surf the web in the lobby.
-Smaller size of the hotel means less time walking.
-Hallways were brightly upholstered.
-Rooms were clearly updated with nice furnishings.
-Bathroom amenities were also updated and modern.
-Comfortable beds.
-Central location: 5 minutes from Bellevue's mall and a couple of blocks from Seattle Bravern, but if you're shopping at Bravern you likely aren't staying at Sheraton.
-3 bottles of complementary water for the Club Level rooms.
-Great front desk service.

Cons:

-No gift shop means you need to tell the front desk what product you want to purchase from a window display.
-Limited restaurant selection: Bellevue Grill right across from the main entrance is the only restaurant.
-The bathroom exhaust fan is strange. You'd think it sucks odors out, but it seems to only blow it around.
-View of the parking lot and street isn't that inspiring.
-Like most older hotels, their AC/heater was an add-on unit and not centrally installed, although it is controlled by a wall panel. Therefore, expect more noise when using the A/C.
-Why can't hotels just install power outlets right beside the bed so we can charge our smartphones?!
-Charges for Wi-Fi. When will this be free across all hotels?
-No 7-11 or corner store nearby. The nearest grocery store is a Safeway about 1/3 of a mile away...uphill.
-Room cleaning service seemed to start quite early on a Sunday morning. Hard to catch zzz's when you hear knocking nearby with "room service" and the sounds of cleaning.

All in all, this Sheraton is a solid choice. Just beware of some of the limitations.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Brian L, General Manager at Sheraton Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Incredibly thorough and fair review.... So glad we ended up on the good and positive side of this analysis. We appreciate the tremendously helpful feedback. In fact, so thorough and fair that I plan on taking this review to our capital expenditure budget meeting in a few weeks and maybe see if I can mitigate some of those cons prior to your next visit. I'm sure the Westin also appreciates your loyalty to Starwood as well. Take good care and enjoy the rest of the summer.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have stayed here a number of time as well as friends and family. The property is clean, well run, and approachable to anyone. It is centrally located with availability of two restaurants right outside the door. Internet is fast, breakfast and happy hour in the club lounge is good. One important note, well-behaved pets are welcome. This property is our "go to" when we are having major work done on our home. We also recommend this property for friends and family.

Room Tip: If you have trouble sleeping, select a room to the West, away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Always a pleasure to have you and your family as our guests, Mr. Epstein. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for your kindness that you have always extended to us during your visits.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The Sheraton looks to be an older hotel that is transitioning to newer decor to keep up with the competition. It does a good job here but can't overcome some points like room sizes (smallish in general) or general layout. The staff is great and surprised me a few times by remembering my name, even after I had not been there for quite some time.
It's a short walk to DT Bellevue and easy access to the highway. For a quieter night, you should request a room on the opposite side of the highway.
The hotel restaurant is adequate but better options are short walk away.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank 773gabes

Thanks for your business and acknowledging the efforts of our team. They are good people, and you must be as well if they remembered your name after only 1 or 2 visits. Nice one. Come visit us again, so I can meet you and say thanks in person!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Booked one night stay at Sheraton Bellevue and was expecting a good night's rest after being on the road trip for an entire day. Got to the hotel at 11.50pm and was greeted with a major disappointment. The twin queen room we booked were not available and the only room left was a king bedroom. The front desk offered another hotel with twin queen bed but it was 10 minutes driving distance away. Given that it was already near midnight and we were exhausted, we took the king room. What we experienced was certainly not what we expected from Sheraton Group.

Location was not bad. Room was clean.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank chubes
Brian L, General Manager at Sheraton Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Oh my!.....I am so sorry. I feel we could have done a better job of greeting you at midnight...I will research the room type discrepancy, and remind our team that often our guests have been traveling all day. Please note that if you booked via Priceline or another discount web site, they do not all guarantee requested room type when you make the reservation. That said, please feel free to reach out to me if you booked directly with our hotel or Starwood, and I will gladly try to make amends of this. Since I often travel with my wife and two young children, I know the importance of room type. Again...We are very sorry about that.