“Beautiful hotel, but assume nothing is included in your room rate”

Hyatt Regency Bellevue
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Beautiful hotel, but assume nothing is included in your room rate”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

The hotel is very clean, has comfy beds, spaceous rooms, nice showers, a huge workout facility (as far as hotels go), helpful staff & is in a great location in downtown Bellevue. However, absolutely nothing that I've come to find a typical service during a hotel stay was included in my room rate, which was comparable w/other nice hotels in the area. No breakfast ($19.50/buffet, $11.50+ a la carte), no internet ($9.95/day, $21.99/3 days, $29.99/week), no parking ($25/day - no discount on the garage you're in, same as if you just came to the mall to shop).

Had I realized that all of these would cost extra I would have stayed elsewhere; all together it turns out to be a worse deal than some other middle- & high-end chains nearby. If a La Quinta can give you free high-speed wireless, I feel like a swanky, work-oriented hotel full of business travelers like the Hyatt should at least do that.

Green Features: I noticed low-flow fixtures for showers, sinks, toilets; rooms have recycling bins.
1 Thank ToadiesLB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

This last weekend was actually the second time I have stayed at Hyatt Regency in Bellevue, however, I forgot to post a review in February for my 1st visit.

For Valentine's Day weekend 2014 my husband surprised me with a "Mom's Night to Herself" and booked me a King Room....it was clean, beautiful, check in was speedy, the view of the lake was incredible, the convenience of the sky bridges to Lincoln Square and Bellevue Square were perfect and the amenities in the lobby came in handy. It was just a quick 24 hour stay by myself, but left me feeling refreshed!

Fast forward to this last weekend! I booked an adjoining King Executive Suite and Double Queen Room for my sister's 9 gal bachelorette party and we could not have been more pleased! The space was perfect!

When I called reservations to book the rooms they knew exactly what I wanted and I was so impressed with the price (which was going to cost me well over $1000 at any other hotel. Up until we walked into the room I was scared that It was too good to be true.....but it wasn't! Everything was exactly as I wanted, and we had plenty of space!

The location to Lucky Strike, Parlor, Bravern, Joey, Suite, Paddy Conye's, etc., etc., is wonderful, and kept us ladies parked for the night! Also, what an incredible deal that parking is FREE on weekends! (Wow! won't find that in Seattle!)

Needless to say, this hotel is my go-to east side hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Bellevue, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Bellevue. I'm so happy that you enjoyed our hotel and our wonderful staff. I'm hoping you guys had a great weekend. I'm glad that our convenient location worked for you and your party. I will certainly forward all your feedback to our management team.

We would love to welcome you back soon. Thanks for choosing Hyatt.

Becky S
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

My flight was delayed and when I arrived late to the Hyatt Regency Bellevue, they CANCELLED my reservation, no rooms were available. So, after all of my bad travel luck that day, they said, "So sorry."

I will never go back and I had stayed here for years before, This is how they treat long term customers.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Travelsites2014
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Arriving on an evening flight, my girlfriend and I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Bellevue overnight to avoid the high prices of a fully booked up Seattle and be in a more interesting environment than the nearby airport hotels.

A short 20 minute drive from SeaTac airport, the Hyatt Regency was easy to find and the complimentary weekend parking appreciated. Check-in was quick, friendly, and efficient although the check-in clerk made the mistake of suggesting breakfast was include in our rate. Asking a second clerk later verified that it was not part of our rate and while it wasn't an issue, had we gone to breakfast expecting it to be included, it would have been an unfortunate surprise.

The hotel room was clean, modern, and spacious. Everything was in good condition, with comfortable bedding and all of the amenities you would expect at a four star hotel. While there was no minibar, two large bottles of water were available for a reasonable $4. Internet was fast and sleep quality high.

The hotel itself feels very large and conference-like, with a coffee shop in the lobby and several restaurants. While situated in downtown Bellevue, outside of chain restaurants and shopping, there didn't seem to be too much within close proximity.

Overall, the Hyatt Regency Bellevue is a clean hotel with good amenities, but staying in Bellevue is not worth the detour unless you need to stay in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aram K
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel is laid out a little confusing. There are 2 towers of sleeping rooms.

They only intersect on floors 1 & 2. Meeting spaces are nice & spread out in different sections.

Staff are great. Very friendly and accommodating.

Room is pretty good. Shower was awesome!!!

Green Features: They don't change the sheets or the towels unless requested. Saves water.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

You really get what you expect. Perfect Service. Great rooms. Nice breakfast, Nice location in Bellevue. Walking distance from everywhere you want to go. You park your car easily. You get a taxi easily.
Really great for Business people.
No error. Just great

Room Tip: Ask for a city view and high floors
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel located in the heart of downtown Bellevue. This is a perfect location for shopping & dining. I stayed here one night for a night of relaxing solitude away from my kids. It was perfect. I love the hotel's design with extra wide corridors and a vast open lobby. It also offers a posh restaurant/lounge called "Suite" on the ground level. I recommend giving it a visit, whether for food, drinks or just for people watching. It's a cool atmosphere and really starts to get lively around 10-11pm. My room was quiet and comfortable & I enjoyed their room service for dinner. For another added plus, self parking is free on the weekends.

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Bellevue, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding you recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Bellevue. I'm so delighted to hear that you enjoy your stay and the hotel's wonderful location. I'm so happy that you had a great time at Suite's. It is truly a great area to just relax and have a bite to eat. I will certainly forward all your feedback to our management team.

We would love to welcome you back soon. Thanks for choosing Hyatt.

Becky S