“Happy to see the property back in good shape”

Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
South Florida, Florida
“Happy to see the property back in good shape”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Just back from a weeklong stay at the hotel. I’ve stayed at this hotel over a dozen times (and have 2 older reviews here on Tripadvisor) over the years and stopped returning in 2012 due to lack of maintenance and the hotel conditions but the recent Tripadvisor reviews had me try it once again. I’m happy to report much of my old concerns of the hotel maintenance are gone as the rooms have been renovated and in good shape as well as nice and clean and as you would expect. I wish the bed was a little more comfortable than it was but it wasn’t bad, bedding was all nice and fresh, just the mattress felt a little worn but still slept ok. I don’t use a full kitchen as a business traveler but the fridge is nice to have and they do have breakfast and a light dinner but didn’t use them this visit.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Front desk was helpful even though I was early was able to get a room after a short wait. Had an maintenance issue with the fridge setting but a call to the front desk the engineer was there in mins and issue resolved.

This hotel being a condo townhouse type layout has a lot of family’s staying and they were clearly enjoying the pool and other outdoor areas. It’s great to see other travelers having fun but as a business traveler trying to do work in the early evening the kids playing in the common areas was a bit distracting. I’m sure asking for a room on the outer edges rather than overlooking the pool and other areas would solve the issue.

So all in all I’m happy to say that the property is back on my list as a good option when needing more space and the kitchen when traveling to the area.

Room Tip: Kids playing around the pool and common areas in the center may be disruptive in the day early eveni...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
ResInnSeattleBellevu, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
johnfi-

Thank you for your recent review and for trying us out again! These types of messages make all the hard work and effort worth it. We have been a top destination for Bellevue travelers for over 30 years and so always have to work harder to maintain and keep up our property to look new and fresh. We will continue to work hard to ensure your next visit even better!

The sunshine in Seattle is something that we enjoy so much and thus brings in a lot more leisure visitors. While we are so grateful for the increase in business during the sunny summer days, we understand that it changes the dynamics of our usual quiet business traveler environment. Your tip to recommend a room facing away from the pool is a great one and our team is always here to support finding the perfect room available for your visit.

Thank you again johnfi both for your review and for your recent visit and trying us out again. We appreciate your business and look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Elisa A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed 31 July 2014

One of the worst customer service I ever faced in US hotels that too to a Platinum member. They have really pathetic internet connection (I signed up for $4.95 per day but, still very poor - Just to access this page took lot of time) and I had have complained multiple times. However, they simply transfer the call to their internet service provider and they have complete dumb guys in their call center and no fixing of internet connection. I mentioned this to front desk and the front desk person mentioned she will inform the manager but, there is not even a courtesy call from manager. Rooms are OK but, the customer service is very bad.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ramanasridhar
ResInnSeattleBellevu, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
ramanasridhar -

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel and honest feedback about your experience. I am so sorry that your upset was not heard. Our top priority is our guest satisfaction and I will use your feedback to ensure our communication and method of reporting problems is efficient and effective.

We are working through a very large Internet upgrade to ensure we are meeting our guests needs. This upgrade is scheduled to be completed within this current month and I am sure that it will have a dramatic and positive impact on our guest experience.

My intention is to always be available to our guests and to follow up with all guest inquiries and upset. I am grateful that we have this opportunity to do so at this point. Please note all of my contact information below and do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if there is anything I can do to rectify this situation or if you would like to discuss further.

(425) 882-1222 x303
bellevuegm@ih-corp.com.
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue is an excellent place to stay. Very confortable and clean.

The staff is great. Special mention and thanks to Courtney Olinger. She is great doing her job!
Sha made the stay even better!

Room Tip: Confortable and quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
ResInnSeattleBellevu, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Ant0nio66 -

Thank you for your recent stay and follow up review! I will pass along your special mention of Courtney; we too think she is wonderful and a great asset to our team.

Thank you and safe travels!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel is close to shopping areas and Microsoft campus. They are really nice and helpful. Even helped me with BBQ items and everything was great.
I ordered stuff to the hotel and they nicely kept it for me

• Stayed June 2014
ResInnSeattleBellevu, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
leorab1 -

Thank you for your recent stay with us and corresponding review. Our guest satisfaction is our top priority and we are so grateful to hear that you were taken care of on your recent visit.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance with future visits to our area!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

One of the best Residence Inn properties I've stayed in - I really like this "house" format. We stayed in a penthouse type 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite, with a bedroom on the lower level and another bedroom upstairs in the "loft". Everything was very clean and new. The living room was comfortable and cosy, and the kitchen functional.

The property is conveniently located near I-520, although not that easy to find. My only gripe about this otherwise fine hotel is that it's a little overpriced. The 2-bedroom suite is around $300 a night! That's why I'm giving it 4 stars rather than 5.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank NYCforFree
ResInnSeattleBellevu, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
NYCforFree -

Greetings from the Marriott Residence Inn - Bellevue and thank you for your recent stay with us! Thank you as well for sending your feedback as we truly utilize it to better understand our guests and their needs, to ensure that we are continuing to meet them.

I'm so glad to hear that our 2 bedroom Penthouse Suite was a good fit for you and your family. I do understand it has an impact on your spending as they are priced higher than our other suites, which are not as large. Your visit was during "peak" season which brought higher than normal rates in the area, for us and the surrounding hotels. We hope that you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast and complimentary dinner to offset some of your spending.

Thank you again NYCfor Free and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I recently stayed here on business, and was not disappointed. The entire staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, and the complimentary shuttle service made getting around town easy, as I didn't have a car on this trip. The hotel, itself, was modern and comfortable, as were the rooms. The attached kitchenettes were a plus, as I was there for the week. They also had one of the best complimentary breakfasts I've seen thus far. I will definitely stay here the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Stacey S -

Thank you for your recent stay with us and corresponding review! We truly appreciate our guest feedback and use it to further improve on our services and amenities.

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast! We recently added a few new items including more pastries, hard boiled eggs, and a better selection of fruit. You are one of the first to comment on the changes, and so truly appreciate your feedback on this on!

Thank you again Stacey and I look forward to hosting you again in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if there is anything I can do to assist on your future stays.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Great location, with large rooms along with an attached kitchen. Home like atmosphere with friendly staff!

I have stayed here at least 3 times on business in the last 1 year and always found the quality of stay good.
It doesn't have a restaurant to the best of my knowledge, but breakfast and even managers reception is decent.

As this is a slightly old property, if you are staying in Level 1, you may here people walking on the top at times. If that's a problem, I would advise you to take a room on Level 2. I never found this a problem personally though.

I plan to be back here in July and will be staying here again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
ResInnSeattleBellevu, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Mr_Karthik -

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for your continued loyalty to our property! We really appreciate our guest feedback and I am sharing your wonderful comments with our team, thank you.

We look forward to your return next month! We've added some new items to breakfast, we hope you'll enjoy. And while I know it doesn't bother you if the guests above are loud, we have started putting in "sleepy time" bags in each room that have ear plugs, tea & chocolate to assist with any sleep or quiet time interruptions.

Thank you again for your loyalty and follow up review. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if there is anything I can do to make sure your next stay is another excellent one!

Elisa A.