“Perfect for Business Travel”

Hyatt House Seattle/Bellevue
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I chose the hotel for it's proximity to work and because Hyatt hotels have great service. I stayed for 4 nights and was happy with my experience.

The rooms are well appointed with comfortable furniture and kitchen space. It definitely has a modern feel. The gym has new exercise machines that are great quality and I thought it was a nice touch to have complimentary headphones available for guests.

The breakfast selection is good and they also have an omelette station. The coffee wasn't that great but that's not the end of the world. They also provide free copies of the wall street journal and USA Today.

I found the staff to be very friendly and attentive to guests. This will be my go-to hotel when I come to Bellevue on business travel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
GM_Bellevue, General Manager at Hyatt House Seattle/Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a positive review of our hotel. We are very happy to know that you found the staff to be very friendly and attentive. They work hard each day to ensure our guests feel like they are at home while they are away from theirs.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time your business travels bring you back to Bellevue!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Everything was ideal, well planned, super clean, we stayed here to visit friends in the area on our way to the airport and it exceeded our expectations.
The only problem was breakfast was so incredibly busy most people took plates back to their room (in an awkward shuffle) but probably if it had been warmer more people could sit outside :)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
GM_Bellevue, General Manager at Hyatt House Seattle/Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear Openupyoureyes,

We were delighted to hear that your recent stay at the Hyatt house Seattle/Bellevue exceeded your expectations and want to thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you the next time you are in the Bellevue area visiting friends.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel on my business trip in March. I like the comfort of this hotel, the bed was comfortable, breakfast was great but the wifi was so slow. They really need to fix this problem.
If you are travel on business this place might not be for you if they don't fix the internet problem. Beside close to freeway there is not much around the hotel.

Room Tip: The studio king room is quite nice if you want to be able to do light cooking
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of the Hyatt house Seattle/Bellevue. We are pleased to know that you find our hotel comfortable and that you really enjoy our great breakfast while staying with us.

I would like to apologize for the Wi-Fi issues you experienced during your recent stay. Thank you for letting us know as we have recently worked to improve this amenity and the results have been positive thus far. Your feedback is essential to our success and we share your comments with our staff to ensure our guests experience is positively memorable.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you back to Bellevue! Safe travels!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I was back in the area for a business trip and this was the one of the only few available hotels. I gave location another try even though I had a prior lack luster experience.

This is not your typical Hyatt House, which are meant to be extended stay hotels that have kitchenette or living room space. The room was so small, then it was much smaller than your typical guest room in a regular non-extended stay hotel. I pulled the desk chair out to do some work and the chair was actually bumping into the bed! It's that small.

I wanted to watch the news, but TV was not working, so I called down to the front desk. Front desk staff gave some usual suggestions but none worked. She came up but no luck fixing the TV as well. She said she would contact the TV service vendor to reset but I never heard back from her nor the TV service vendor. However, she did gave me minor point compensation for the non-working TV voluntarily. But I would rather settle for a working TV :(

And yes, those other reviewers' complaints about the omelette station is right on the money! Omelette station is what brings down his hotel. I was in the breakfast area around 8am during the workweek and there was only moderate traffic and definitely not busy. I was at the omelette station but the cook didn't care to acknowledge me. When I finally got his attention, he replied "I am busy... you can get eggs over there!" while pointing at the scrambled eggs station. Talk about poor service. Yes genius, I know where the scrambled eggs are, I want an omelette and that's why I am at your station... I didn't want to ruin my day, so I went out without the omelette...

Quite frankly, I don't know why the guy was working there or in the hospitality industry when he was acting like he really hated his job and didn't want to be here...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank knowmyhotels

Dear Knowmyhotels,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments and thank you so much for giving us another try.

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Hyatt house Seattle/Bellevue. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize that the room was smaller than you anticipated. We do have larger suite rooms as well that you may find much more comfortable and better suited to your preferences/needs. I am terribly sorry about the breakfast experience as well. We have addressed this with our breakfast team members to prevent this from happening again for any of our future guests.

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff so that we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed here 1 night for a stay over shopping trip. The room was quiet, beds were comfy and staff were nice. Breakfast was awesome and it was FREE! They had a nice touch of refreshments in the lobby.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
GM_Bellevue, General Manager at Hyatt House Seattle/Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear LeighCanada,

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are very happy to know that you had an excellent stay at the Hyatt house Seattle/Bellevue for your overnight shopping trip. We hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Bellevue! Safe travels to you!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The Hyatt house is an excellent choice for those who are looking for a place to stay comfortably at a great value. You are situated a little bit outside of Seattle and downtown Bellevue—but this hotel property offers free parking (indoors, in a garage) and free breakfast (which is excellent, I'll elaborate in a second)

I highly suggest this for business travelers, as it is really affordable and situated close by to many corporations like: T-mobile, Expedia and Microsoft.

A few other things that I liked about the hotel:
- The bed was extremely comfortable. I slept nicely. It was firm but not rock hard
- Although I did not purchase anything through the room service, the food was very affordable (a lot more inexpensive compared to full service hotels like the Hyatt Regency, Grand Hyatt)
- There was a service where you could borrow certain items and return them (like bose wireless headphones, exercise equipment, etc)
- I loved that instead of individual mini bottles of shampoo and soap, there was a dispenser on the wall that was fixed—the scent was really nice too, not too potent
- The swimming pool and jacuzzi was nice. If you're handicapped, there is equipment that helps those who are, get into the pool

The breakfast: WOW. I was extremely impressed by the spread of this free breakfast. They had an omelet station. I have never seen a standard hotel like this have a omelet station with an actual person making your omelet! They had a grain station with english muffins, toast and bagels. Cereal station. Hot food station: Scrambled eggs with cheese, sausages, herbed potatoes, pancakes, miso soup, rice (it was minute rice, so meh). They also had an assortment of juices too! All for FREE!

All in all, I would recommend this hotel for those who don't mind driving out see sights and landmarks, after all the parking is free!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
GM_Bellevue, General Manager at Hyatt House Seattle/Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Jerome B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a positive review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you found it to be a great value! We hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Bellevue. Safe travels to you!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

This was my first stay at the Hyatt House in Bellevue, and it will be my last. Upon checking in, I was thoroughly impressed with the location and look of the place. The woman who checked us in was very accommodating and, this being Valentine's day, suggested I take a red rose from the vase for my wife. The suite we had was fairly nice and up to date. A full sized fridge, 2 burner stove, nice kitchen table and living room area were big enough to live in for a week or so, if one were inclined.
Unfortunately, the romantic getaway was ruined by a poorly managed bar and food establishment. Having some time to kill before dinner reservations, we went to the bar for "happy hour". While again the ambiance was nice, the service was disappointing. Wine and soda that was watered down, a cocktail that took 15 minutes, and food that took over a half an hour. We were one of three tables there.
I don't know why, then, the next morning when we went for breakfast, we were expecting better. We arrived at 9:50 (my fault, I thought breakfast was served until 11, it's not) and found a fiarly picked through selection of stale food. No orange juice, no fruit salad, no forks, and no coffee. When we walked up to the omelette bar (one of the main reasons we booked here) we were ignored by Michael for 2 or 3 minutes while we stood there. When he finally looked up, "Michael" told us he had 2 other orders in front of us and then was going to close down and clean up after that. He LITERALLY REFUSED to serve us. It was still BEFORE 10am. I was shocked. They literally didn't care about customer service at all!!!
When we went to complain, the front desk had a "we will be back" sign. We left a note, but of course, nobody has bothered to contact us.

As for the accommodations:
Kitchen Area: 5/5
Living Room Area: Smaller 32" TV, a modular couch that seemed a little worn, but was a great fit for the space. 4/5
Bedroom: King Size Bed was comfortable, but bedding could have been nicer. Full size mirror and full size closet was a surprise. Same smaller 32" TV with DirecTV. 4/5
Bathroom: One of those prefab fiberglass all in one bathtub\shower enclosures brought down otherwise nicer components 2/5.
Bar and Breakfast 0/5.
Check In Staff 5/5
Morning Staff ....couldn't find the hotel staff, breakfast staff could care less about you 0/5
Location 5/5
Fitness Center: 2 Elliptical machines, 3 treadmills, a leg machine, a crunch machine, and free weights. Nice, except it looks not outside, but directly at the indoor pool, which was awkward. 2/5.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front have a nice view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lytech
GM_Bellevue, General Manager at Hyatt House Seattle/Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback and taking the time to post comments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed a nice check in experience during your recent stay and that the reception staff was very accommodating.

I reviewed your comments and feel terribly that your food and beverage experience was not the typical experience one would have at our property and I apologize that it left you feeling disappointed overall. We take our guests comments very seriously and share them with the entire team so that we can improve upon our processes for our guests, resolving any and all issues.

We sincerely hope that you would be willing to give us another try the next time your travels bring you back to Bellevue. Thank you again for your comments.