“NOISY & BAD SERVICE”

Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Seoul
“NOISY & BAD SERVICE”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

This hotel is literally right next to I-405, a major highway.

Since I can't sleep in a noisy place, I decided to call in advance to request a room away from the highway. Unfortunately, the person that answered the call (Mr. Michael Welch) was rude and not helpful at all.

When I arrived at the hotel, I knew I was in trouble when I was greeted by the same Mr. Michael Welch. I asked for a quiet room again and he said that I would not have problem in the room I had... needless to say, he literally put me on the room in the hotel that is the closest to the highway. It was 11pm after a long work day so I did not try to move room or change hotels. Big mistake. I did not get any sleep even with earplugs on.

Next morning, I asked to talk to the manager. Luckily, Ms. Droll was able to to switch me to a much quieter room.

Net/net:
(1) Triple check what type of room you will get before you book
(2) Previous reviews praise the service in this hotel but that was not my experience

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank ed y
Teddy W, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear Hotel Guest,

I am deeply sorry that you had a poor experience at our property. We appreciate your feedback and will be using your review as a training tool at our front desk. Also, we are looking into solutions for controlling the noise levels in some of our suites. I hope that you will come back to our hotel for your next stay in Bellevue, so that we can demonstrate the level of service that you had been expecting, and that I know we can deliver.

Warmest Regards,

Teddy Wylupski

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Burnaby
Reviewed 10 April 2012 via mobile

New, near to Seattle and outlet shopping. Rooms are large and well appointed.
Does not compare to the other marriott properties that I have redeemed bonus nights for. Breakfast was good but very busy. Only downside would be the 10$ parking fee which is really not a big deal given the upside

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank maltyone
Reviewed 8 April 2012 via mobile

This is a nice option for staying in Bellevue. The hotel is newer and has clean rooms, a very nice lobby, and a great breakfast. Internet works well. Had to switch rooms due to a mechanical issue with the heater. New room was near very noisy people, but the manager took care of the issue quickly.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Majgen
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 19 March 2012

This is a fairly new property and, as such, it's architecture and ammenities are quite modern. I like the look and feel of the place. The lobby is cavernous, needed when its good quality breakfast is served (included in room rate and quite decent really). Rooms are well thought out and nicely appointed for business travelers or those just staying a night or two. As with all Residence Inn properties, your room will have a small functional kitchen should you wish to use the microwave or fridge, or cook a meal (but there's lots of good restaurants around so consider that option). Internet is free, parking plentiful, the staff pleasant and helpful. We had a really comfortable and quiet stay.\!

Freeway access is excellent and it's only about a 10 minute drive to downtown Seattle. But staying here makes you feel a million miles away from the hussle of the city. And room rates are a fraction of what you'd pay in Seattle. And, of course, if you have business in Bellevue then this is a superb option.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank drfumblefinger
Florida Panhandle, Florida
Reviewed 10 March 2012

My husband and I stayed the night here for my birthday weekend and as usual, it was a great stay, just what I've come to expect from the Marriott. We arrived right at check in and the lady at the front desk was friendly and welcoming, she even informed me that they had a free shuttle and we were able to get a ride to Bellevue Square Mall which is less than five minutes away. There were many restaurants very close by like PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris and more. The breakfast was pretty good, there's coffee available in the lobby. The rooms were spacious, clean and very comfortable. These are definitely great for extended stays but even for just one night it was wonderful! If you're in the Bellevue area, definitely stay here!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 7 March 2012

The Marriott team really took care of me while I was with them. I stayed here about three weeks before I was moved to short-term housing (flooded condo). I was able to get a one bedroom suite with a bathroom lock off (perfect to kennel my dogs). I worked from the hotel and appreciated being able to hard wire in my laptop (faster through firewalls). The daily breakfast and M-W happy hour and dinner were a bonus. The parking was easy and freeway access can't be beat. I thought it was too far from the downtown Bellevue but it is just a couple blocks from main and the freeway access makes up for it. You can also take the free shuttle if you do not want to drive.

I have to thank the hotel staff and manger for taking extra care of me. I was in a car accident on the freeway while staying here. I was in denial that I was fine but the manager made sure I went to Overlake ER because he felt I had a concussion. Not only did I have a concussion, I had fractured two teeth. So Thank You so much for the extra care and attention!

Room Tip: Ask to have a room that does not face the freeway. It can be noisy if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 29 February 2012

My boy friend travels all year for his job and we go great places and stay at great hotels..
We will be back!
Clean, Good beds! nice suite and Quiet! .. We liked the kitchenette, free wireless internet, free shuttle into downtown Bellevue (leave the car! ) no view.. Breakfast buffet and evening buffet during the week ! Wing Night and Chili Night (Menu on the Refrig! ) Great Staff!

Room Tip: Great Hotel for Business Travelers!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business