“Good hotel, nice location”

Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Thought I was going to have issues when I checked in as I was told the room I reserved was not available, but then somehow they found a room which matched my reservation. Apart from this odd snafu, the hotel was very nice and accommodating. It was a great location to walk to downtown Bellevue without the downtown prices. The food was excellent and the hotel was quiet; although keep the windows closed to avoid the road noise, especially if you are next to the freeway.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Jim L, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

We really appreciate the time you took to let us know on a good and nice location hotel you found in the Residence Inn Marriott Downtown Bellevue. We strive on making sure every guest is extremely satisfied and I'm glad we fixed the small snafu at check in.

We value all of our guests and hope that when your travels takes you to the Bellevue area you will come and visit our hotel. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I was there for a competition at the Meydenbauer Centre over the weekend, so hotel was fully booked (all ages). The staff were great, very friendly and polite, Stefanie at front desk was very accommodating when I arrived early in the morning, she found a room available and checked us in early. Parking was easy, parkade and safe. Room was actually nicer than I expected (with reading all the reviews), very clean, quiet and I liked the full kitchen. Wasn't too big on the breakfast, but it was free, so can't complain. Only thing about the hotel was the distance to the City Centre but with their free shuttle, it wasn't too bad! They dropped off us anywhere we wanted and would pick us up as well. They were patient and didn't rush us as we had to wait for a few kids to finish their routine to meet us at the shuttle. I commend the staff there for doing such a great job for a fully booked weekend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Jim L, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

We want to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Residence Inn. Stephanie is a great asset to our company and she does an amazing job.

We know it was a busy weekend but I'm glad you recognized that it doesn't stop us to provide the great service across the board. We value your comments and truly appreciate your feedback.

We look forward to your next stay and please let us know if you need anything else in the future.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

After having kids. This is our go to hotel. It's down the street from where we used to live and we love the area, it's convenient and familiar. We have stayed at the Westin downtown but they basically charge for everything there. Here, all is included. It would be great if parking was included also. Anyhow, if I like the hotel so much, why only 3 stars? It had to do with the room. When we entered the room, it smelled like spices. Very strong spices. I am guessing someone really did use the room to its max to feel like home, which is great, but I really wish it was aired out. Also, a lot of the furniture was ripped. Not really appealing and comfy to sit on. This is our second stay here. The first was so great we were glad to return. The second, not so much. My husband didn't want to change rooms because he didn't want to pack up and stuff especially with 2 kids. He did say that the next time, he will be on my side and we would request. Room change. We were sneezing all weekend long and the smell never went away. Sort of ruined our trip. I will say that the star was super nice though.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

We want to thank you for taking the time to let us know on your past experience with the Residence Inn Marriott Downtown Bellevue.

We strive to make sure every guest is well taken care of and address any guests concerns. We are looking at an upcoming renovation in the near future that would include our guest chairs and other wonderful new amenities to offer. I appreciate your feedback as that is the only way we can improve.

We are so glad our staff was very accomodating and hopefully you will continue to use the Residence Inn in the near future.

Thank you again for your great comments and let me know if I can do anything for you in the future.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I have stayed in this hotel multiple times, but this time last time the service has gone bad. The management is changed and its not that great .. Breakfast quality has gone low and even options are reduced.

Room Tip: Don't take a front facing room, get a lot of traffic sound at times.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Anuj_Bandlish
Jim L, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

I wanted to thank you for taking the time in letting me know on your past experience at the Residence Inn Marriott Downtown Bellevue. We strive on customer service and I know we have changed management here at the hotel but I assure you this is not the norm for your past stay about how our customer service is and what the expectation is.

Please accept my apology and know that we are making changes to improve the property and you are a value to our hotel.

I hope that you will give us another chance in the future and assure you that we will take great care of you.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

When we checked in, I asked for a comp upgrade since I'm Marriott Platinum elite. I was told that they couldn't accommodate it the first night but could the following night for the rest of the stay. The first room we were given was a studio which was too small fro 2 people. When i opened the cupboards, i was surprised to find an empty bottle of vodka and an empty bottle of Crown Royal. How did housekeeping miss these? The next day i asked about the upgrade. It took the clerk awhile but she found the room and told me the system wasn't letting her book it. She asked me to be patient and she assured me we'd get the room. We left and went upstairs to prepare for our busy day of appointments. Before we left the hotel, we checked back and they told us they would move our things to the new room, which we had packed and sitting int the living area. When we returned after dinner we checked at the front desk. He gave us our new keys. I asked if our things had been transferred. He said ' Well, of course- we wouldn't just give you a new room and not move your things'. Well, they hadn't. When we went down to breakfast the next morning, there was absolutely no place to sit due to the large crowd ( about 75-80 people).. I asked for a tray so we could take our food upstairs- ' sorry we are out of trays'..The dining area was freezing cold the entire stay. The rooms are comfortable ( except the tiny studio) and the location is very convenient. Most staff were very helpful one elevator was out of service for the 5 nights we were there. They allow pets and we saw our share of dogs walking out of rooms. One dog was bigger than an average 8 year old child. I do think it's crazy to have to pay $12 to park. I did see some guests walk over to the park- and- ride ( free) directly across the street. Lesson learned. If staying here again, don't park the car there but walk an extra 30 feet to the free lot unless being in a covered parking structure matters to you.

Room Tip: back up to the nature preserve for quieter room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

I wanted to thank you for your loyalty with Marriott and also thank you for taking the time to mention on how your stay was at the Residence Inn Marriott Downtown Bellevue.

I'm truly embarrassed about the way that we responded to your requests and assure you that is not the service I have instilled in my team and thank you for letting me know so that we can improve.

I hope that you will give us another chance in the future and I will make sure you have a wonderful experience with us.

Thank you again and please let me know if you need anything else in the future.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I relocated with family to Microsoft in Bellevue and I stayed in this Residence Inn Bellevue Downtown from 12th Dec till 17th Dec. Their service is pretty good - right from check-in till check-out. Their breakfast service has good options. They also do a free pick-and-drop around their hotel which works great for people wanting to visit nearby malls or even Microsoft offices. Tiffany at the reception helped me fax some important documents and their hotel staff is generally cheerful and very customer-oriented.

But wait for this: I paid using my card when I left and then later found that my card has been double charged. I called up Residence Inn and Stephanie at the front desk asked me to wait for 5 days to see if the money gets returned. It didn't. I called again after about 10 days and this time Stephanie asked me to send an email to bellevueri@gmail.com with the card statement for proof saying the manager would get back to me asap. No one did. I've contacted my banker now to see what can be done.

Maybe they are lax since it is holiday season but businesses need to be professional. I'm still waiting for my money.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to let us know how well the hotel service was during your stay in December at the Residence Inn Marriott Downtown Bellevue.

I'm so sorry about the credit card being doubled charged and please let me if this has not been resolved yet as we strive on customer service and want to make sure that every guest has a wonderful experience.

Thank you for staying with us and please let me know if there is anything else we can do to assist you.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Updated, modern, and sleek are all spot-on adjectives to describe this hotel. From the lobby to the rooms to the pool, everything in this building is what one wants in a mid-range hotel. It has its own parking garage (costs a bit extra to park there), and the friendly staff can't be beat. We stayed in a suite that had a full-size refrigerator, oven, and sink, and had a sleeper couch, and it faced a huge garden that I'm sure is nice when it's not November (read: dead). The breakfast is very diverse and it changes a bit each day, and of course the coffee is great :) We have to return to the Bellevue area a few more times before we move out there, and we will definitely be staying in the Residence Inn.

Room Tip: You can face either the large plant-filled area with the city of Bellevue behind it, or the intersta...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank EyerishRogue

We want to thank you for letting us know on your experience here at the Residence Inn Marriott Downtown Bellevue and glad you had a wonderful experience.

We strive to make every effort for our guests to recieve a home away from home experience.

If there is anything you need in the future please let us know and thank you again for staying with us.

Take care,