“A great stay, if the location works for you”

Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Clean and modern, the staff are excellent and seem almost unusually happy to be working here (that's a good thing). The hotel is situated a bit away from downtown so the name is misleading. But you are a 5 minute drive from the center of Bellevue and there is a convenient shuttle. The only restaurants in comfortable walking distance are the nearby hotels. But they do a very nice light dinner social thing with beer and wine Mon-Wed so you can eat a reasonable meal without leaving the hotel. The office park to the south of the hotel has a lot of winding gravel paths that make for a great running area if you're not into the whole fitness-room thing. The front rooms face the highway, noise was not a problem with windows closed but for the most peaceful nights sleep, ask for a room off the back. Nice pool area, no hot tub. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Stay in the back away from the highway
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Jim L, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

We want to thank you in taking the time to let us know how your stay was at the Residence Inn Marriott Downtown Bellevue. We strive on customer satisfaction and so glad you had a chance to meet our team and the friendliness they embrace.

We look forward to your next visit to the Bellevue area and please let us know if you need anything else.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Although we have always appreciated the hotel experience when staying at Residence Inns, and especially so at this location, a recent experience was rather unpleasant. We decided to give a gift to our daughter and son-in-law of a two-night stay here, so when we stayed ourselves in December, I approached the receptionist and asked about the best way to book their stay, as we wished to pay for their room and parking charges. I was told to simply book online, and then a day or so prior to their arrival, telephone the hotel and explain that I wished them to use our on-file credit card information to pay for the room and parking. I did as instructed, and spoke to the Assistant Manager, who advised that she would email a form, confirming our credit card number, which we signed and had our daughter bring along to the hotel as instructed; however, we got a call from our daughter saying that the front desk refused to accept the form, and that we would have to scan and email copies of both sides of our credit card immediately. They ‘generously’ offered to process the check-in (our daughter and her husband were waiting at the front desk), but the payment wouldn’t be finalized until we provided the copies! Needless to say, I was very angry about this situation, and asked that the front desk contact the Assistant Manager about her alternate instructions to us. She replied to my email (with little by way of apology for not mentioning this when I had talked to her the night before) explaining that copies of our credit card were required by management. I refused to supply those copies, and pointed out that I had followed all instructions I was given to the letter, and they would just have to accept that – which they eventually did. I would have expected that any management policies should be known by all the staff, but especially an Assistant Manager, so that everyone can quote the correct policy next time. We will probably stay here again - we really like the hotel and Bellevue - but just a heads-up to everyone out there to double- (and probably triple-) check if you have an important question about a booking.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jim L, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

I wanted to take a moment to first thank you for letting us know about your most recent experience with the Residence Inn by Marriott Bellevue Downtown. Please accept my sincere apology for the issue you encountered while trying to do something so generous for your daughter and son-in-law. Since your most recent stay here, we have taken the time to ensure all of our associates know the correct protocol when handling these types of billing inquiries.

We pride ourselves in going above and beyond to exceed the expectations of all of our guests, and I sincerely hope you will allow us the opportunity to make your next stay truly memorable.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly via e-mail or phone. I hope you have a wonderful week, and I look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Another recent reviewer commented that service was being sacrificed due to the full occupancy of the hotel. I also got the feeling that this was the case.
The rooms are spacious and well appointed; however, one of the TVs was not working, and a part of the kitchen carpeting was dislodged. After a long trip, I was too tired to call the front desk, and I was only there for one night anyway. There are many hotels in Bellevue; I will simply avoid this one next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a few times now, most recently in March. The front desk staff is amazing---extremely professional, friendly, and helpful and really made us feel welcome. The rooms were spacious, clean, and the beds were comfortable. Certainly some of the furnishings are showing some wear and tear, but it wasn’t enough of an issue to detract from my favorable assessment.

The one area that this Marriott property could vastly improve upon is the breakfast buffet. On the days that we were there some of the “hot” breakfast items included: sausage and egg muffin (sort of like a McD’s mcmuffin), French toast, scrambled eggs, and potato hash. I used quotation marks when mentioning “hot” breakfast because it was most definitely NOT hot. Not even lukewarm. “Room temperature” would have been more accurate in describing the temperature of the above mentioned food. I would also be surprised if the breakfast was actually made that morning---with the exception of the scrambled eggs, the rest of the items were cold, tough and rubbery and appeared to have been prepared the night before and “reheated” (again with the quotation marks). I’m not an exceptionally fussy person when it comes to hotel breakfast buffets but this was notably bad. However, if wrestling with French toast is your thing then this buffet is for you.

We really enjoy staying at this hotel so the less-than-great breakfast is not a deal breaker for us but this property would be infinitely better if food preparation was improved. We will be back and will keep our fingers (and forks) crossed that divine culinary intervention will happen in the meantime.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DiscerningDiva

We want to thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was at the Residence Inn Marriott in Downtown Bellevue. I want to extend my deepest apologies for the breakfast not being of the quality that is the norm at the property and we are always striving on making sure that every guest has a wonderful experience.

We take these comments very serious and always looks for ways to improve. I'm glad our outgoing and friendly staff you were able to encounter and we hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Please let me know when you are back in the future and I assure you that you will not be disappointed.

Hope you have a great rest of your week!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

The Residence Inn at Bellevue is running at full capacity, and this is possibly affecting the quality of attention the staff is being able to provide. Half way through my stay, late in the night, the heater started making loud noises -- the staff on duty took a look and said that it was possibly caused by the identical heater below my floor and he was going to investigate. Few minutes later, he called back to say that he could not do anything as his manager, Stephanie had asked him to not disturb the person below my floor.
On talking to Stephanie, she first told me that she could not do anything, and that I should try ear-plugs. This was midnight. When I told her that I did not sleep well in ear-plugs and that my sleep was important for the full day of work next day -- she told me that she could not do anything and that she was sorry as the hotel had no room available and it was completely full. On asking her whether there was not a place/sofa-bed where I could sleep, she told me that the game-lounge was my best bet. I spent the night on a sofa (not a sofa bed) in a game lounge whose door would not lock.
I asked folks who stay in hotels in the area on what would have been the right course of action. Overwhelmingly I was told that the manager, if a hotel is booked completely, should find a room in a nearby hotel, arrange transportation to and from the hotel. I am assuming that this did not happen because the manager did not have the staff to do this, or just did not have time to call around, or who knows -- wants to make sure I don't come back.
I have stayed at Residence Inn, Bellevue for many weeks, every other week for almost a year. I have not seen the staff try to get to know me or my name. I had to ask for a room not facing the free-way every time -- and they would say that it did not show up on the reservation, and so that they can do their best. Their best has sometimes given me "quiet rooms" but many times I would end up wherever they put me up.
I think I will now try other area hotels now. Clearly this hotel wants to get rid of me, as it will help them have to deal with less demand.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing "nature preserve" or in the basement unless you are OK with freeway...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Partha S
Jim L, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was at the Residence Inn Marriott Downtown Bellevue. We take great pride in making sure all our guests are taken care of and especially for our repeat loyalty members like yourself. I truly apologize that your needs were not met to your satisfaction and I would like to talk to you further on how we can make sure that this doesn't happen again in the future.

Our guests are our top priority and we want to make sure our guests are well taken care of. I would love the opportunity to make sure your next stay with us is a memorable one and please contact me via email that I sent or by phone call to make sure we can take really good care of you.

Hope you have a great day and please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

A group of us stayed here for meetings nearby.

Good experience at check in, immaculate room, nice hot & cold breakfast. Nice fitness center. Good wifi reception throughout the hotel

Every employee I spoke to at this hotel was polite, helpful, and seemed to enjoy their job. Wish whomever helps these employees stay so motivated could go a world tour and help some of the other hotels I've visited.

I'd have given 5 stars if there was a restaurant on site. We'll definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Jim L, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

We want to express our gratitude for you taking the time to let us know how your stay was at the Residence Inn Marriott Downtown Bellevue. We strive on customer satisfaction and appreciate the great feedback you had here at the hotel.

We take great pride in our training of each associate to deliver on customer satisfaction. I appreciate the feedback that you encountered our wonderful staff and we look forward to your return in the future.

We also are looking at options to improve our product and thank you for the recommendations of the restaurant which we are carefully considering as well.

Thank you and please let me know if you need anything else.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We like the mini-kitchen, stocked well enough to cook a simple meal. There is no restaurant on site, but they do offer some food items in a small pantry store next to the front desk, and there is a free breakfast buffet with both hot and cold items. The studio suite is not overly large, but it is comfortable. We like the free Wi-Fi, but wish the parking was free, too. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: The side away from the freeway is quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to let us know how comfortable the suites were with the mini-kitchens. At Residence Inn we strive on making sure our guests are relaxed and enjoy the features they would have at their own home.

We strive on customer satisfaction here at the Residence Inn Marriott Downtown Bellevue and we are try to make sure our amenities are competitive in the market. We are glad you had an opportunity to enjoy our evening social and also our daily breakfast. We are looking at options to improve the amenities at our hotel and look forward to the things to come.

Please let me know if you need anything in the future.