“Biz travel, away from Seattle.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown

Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Bellevue
“Biz travel, away from Seattle.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Biz stay, midweek, pleasant staff that was willing to answer questions and help. If you want to not be in Seattle, this place is a lot more low-key. Taxi fares are under $10 to get you into the downtown area where the major attractions are.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank snoringbull
Jim L, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was at the Residence Inn Marriott Downtown Bellevue. We appreciate the kind comments about the front desk staff and their friendly attitude. We think very highly of them and do a great job at the hotel and are able to answer any questions or find the answer you are looking for.

Our location is great as you mentioned and we are able to transport you to the local transit center to get you to your desired location.

Thank you again for staying with us and hope you have a great rest of your summer!

Residence Inn Marriott Downtown Bellevue

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've never given a rating of "5" to anything before because it implies perfection in my mind, that my experience couldn't have been better.

Well, I finally experienced near perfection.

My husband and I along with another couple stayed at the Residence Inn Seattle Bellenue/Downtown this past weekend. We had arrived at the port Seattle early in the morning at the end of a cruise and had requested an early check-in. I called as we disembarked asking if a room would be ready. The clerk told me that a room would be ready about 10 a.m. That gave us just enough time to get our baggage, and get transportation to the Residence Inn.

When we arrived, we were told that the room was not ready because the previous occupants had checked out, but unbeknownst to the hotel staff, had not vacated the room.

Here's the wonderful part–they apologized profusely. The general manager introduced himself to me, and again apologized. He offered to secure our luggage until the room was ready, made sure we could still get breakfast in their dining room, and offered the hotel shuttle to take us somewhere enjoyable until the room was ready.

We took him up on the shuttle and did some Seattle sightseeing. We got a call a while later saying the room was ready, still before the 3:00 check-in time. When we arrived back at the hotel, the staff had taken our luggage to the suite and stored it in the bedrooms.

For the two days we were there, the front desk staff acted as shuttle drivers taking us and other guests to dining and other venues.

Every person was extremely pleasant and responsive.

I hope I soon find a reason to visit the area again; I will definitely stay at this Residence Inn, even if it's not the most convenient hotel to my destination!

Room Tip: We really found the suite with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths with kitchen and sitting room to be an excelle...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kelley D
Washington Dc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel Memorial Day weekend of 2014. It was recently renovated so the room was lovely. The seating area was large enough for 2 people but I have stayed at a Residence Inn that had a larger kitchen and living area. I guess you don' really need a lot, but I noticed that even though the kitchen had the basic amenities, it just didn't seem like a lot of supplies. I didn't make it to the pool, but my boyfriend used the laundry facilities and the gym. The hot buffet breakfast was great and during the week, there's an awesome omelette station. I was a little disappointed you had to pay to park your car and that the spaces are so small and narrow and that the guests don't know how to park appropriately, but I would stay here again if I ever visited Seattle. Bellevue is only an 8 minute drive to Seattle, the hotel is right off of the highway, and there's a pharmacy, supermarket, and a large mall within a 5 minute drive.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank HuBison
Jim L, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your past stay was at the Residence Inn Marriott Downtown Bellevue.

We value the comments from our guests and glad you had a great stay with us. We are looking for to many more additions to this hotel in the future. We look forward to your next visit to the Bellevue area and let me know if I can do anything to assist you in the future.

Thank you and have a great day!

Kennewick, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've stayed here several times on business. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, nice location. Rooms are nice and comfortable. The breakfeast they serve has a good variety and plentiful.Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Steelheader1107
We would like to thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Marriott Downtown Bellevue and are so glad you have a great stay.

We appreciate your loyalty and please let us know if you need anything else in the future.

Have a great day!

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I will preface this review that this hotel was simply chosen because it was the only one available on my most recent business trip. With that being said, I didn't have extremely high expectations and regardless, I found basic ones were barely met. When I first arrived, my room had been changed simply because the previous person had not checked out (to a less impressive room, but no credit/discount offered). The credit card waiver that my travel agent had sent (and confirmed via phone) had been lost and it took two more tries to finally get a waiver on file. The room that I was given was facing the freeway so I got to enjoy the sounds of traffic all night, and the curtains do not actually shut so I was enjoying a bright sun at 5:30 in the morning.

I realize this hotel is built simply for business people to attend and I respect that, I typically have low expectations for a Courtyard or Residence Inn. I also understand that the hotel was fully booked and didn't necessarily need my business or care, however, I will do my best to endeavor avoiding at least this particular hotel is not most Marriott's in the future for my regular business trips to Bellevue.

Room Tip: I can only speak for my room, which was 740, but I would avoid anything facing the freeway.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ben617
Jim L, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Ben-
Thank you for your response, as we will use all your suggestions to improve! Our goal at The Residence Inn Downtown Bellevue is to exceed all our guests expectations, and for each and every guest to leave well rested and ready for a productive work day. We hope you will come back to us so we may make it a better experience for you, perhaps a suite overlooking the Nature Preserve? Please feel free to reach out to discuss your experience further, as I would like to make your business trip to Bellevue an enjoyable experience for you in the future.
Best,
Orange County, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

This hotel is superbly run, the rooms are ample and well stocked. The induction range was a bummer, as I cooked nearly every day and everything burned on that range. There is a Starbucks in the lobby and breakfast is included, plus tea or coffee throughout the day. They have two computers and a printer for guest use but the location is not private at all and can get rather noisy, as they are in the seating area with a TV nearby,which I mentioned to the manager.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel is quieter, front side rooms get highway noise
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank JKRan
Jim L, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to let us know on how we are doing at the Residence Inn Marriott Downtown Bellevue. We take great pride in the property and to make sure we exceed the expectations of all guests. I'm so glad you had a great stay.

We are in the process to start working on ideals for new and improved ways to have our guests function daily in our lobby with the Business Center and layout. We look forward to those improvements to come in the near future.

We look forward to your next visit to the area and let me know if I can help in anyway.

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

stayed here over the long weekend. Originally wanted to stay at the Hyatt Bellevue where we normally stay at but my wide wanted to stay with our friends. Checked in for a room diagonal from our friends on the third floor. Room was a studio suite and was very spacious compared to the rooms at Hyatt. Kitchen microwave yes perfect for us since we could heat up food and prepare food for our son. We had a view of the highway and couldn't hear the cars.
Fee breakfast in the morning was a bonus, does get busy but
always a table. They have a shuttle that leaves every thirty minutes that can take u to the mall. Great used it once however the driver was misinformed on how to install the car seat they had and had to get help from another coworker. Also awkward to put a stroller in the back seat. My main gripe with this hotel is the fact that you need to pay for parking. It's not downtown bellevue, besides Hyatt has free parking friday-sundat. Fact is I won't be coming back here again since this place and Hyatt I can get for the same price. I can see that its good for families since we saw a lot of children around however I'll take the convenience of being in downtown Bellevue and be able to walk everywhere albeit with a smaller room.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank johnny f
Jim L, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for posting your experience with your family at the Residence Inn Downton Bellevue. I'm glad you were able to enjoy our spacious fully-equipped suites, complimentary hot breakfast, shuttle to the shops and a fun weekend with friends while you stayed with us. I'm sorry the carseat gave us some trouble, we will certainly give our staff more practice with this important installation! We hope we do see you back again with us in the future, as we look forward to creating great memories of family fun for all our weekend travellers!