“Disappointed this time”

Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Bengaluru, India
“Disappointed this time”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I am regular to Marriot chain but this time my stay was no less than a big disappointment.
I had a room with most pathetic view and than too add it had a chair with completely torn leather , torn carpet and scratched refrigerator .My request for changing of room was never entertained even though I was there for 17 days .I again have a reservation in the month of July but now I am thnking of cancelling it and moving to Hyatt .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank swarup201982
Jim L, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for your post Swarup201982-
We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us, as our goal is to make your stay as enjoyable as possible while you are in Bellevue for work, or pleasure. We are situated overlooking a Nature Preserve, I believe you would enjoy these rooms for your next booking. We are looking forward to refreshed rooms during our 2015 renovation, so I hope you will return to us to experience our new look next Spring.
Thank you again for your response, and let us take care of you for your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I'm staying here for 3 months for housing for an internship and so far my experience has been great. The rooms are well stocked and very clean. The hotel also has free breakfast every morning and dinner Monday-Wednesday. They also have a shuttle that goes within 2 miles, which is very helpful for going to downtown Bellevue or Seattle!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank maddie p
Jim L, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
We want to thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay is going so far at the Residence Inn Marriott Downtown Bellevue property. We strive on customer satisfaction and the amenities we have to offer at the hotel and appreciate the kind remarks.

We hope the internship is going well and please let us know if you need anything else while you are here.

Thank you again and have a great stay!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Biz stay, midweek, pleasant staff that was willing to answer questions and help. If you want to not be in Seattle, this place is a lot more low-key. Taxi fares are under $10 to get you into the downtown area where the major attractions are.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank snoringbull
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was at the Residence Inn Marriott Downtown Bellevue. We appreciate the kind comments about the front desk staff and their friendly attitude. We think very highly of them and do a great job at the hotel and are able to answer any questions or find the answer you are looking for.

Our location is great as you mentioned and we are able to transport you to the local transit center to get you to your desired location.

Thank you again for staying with us and hope you have a great rest of your summer!

College Station, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've never given a rating of "5" to anything before because it implies perfection in my mind, that my experience couldn't have been better.

Well, I finally experienced near perfection.

My husband and I along with another couple stayed at the Residence Inn Seattle Bellenue/Downtown this past weekend. We had arrived at the port Seattle early in the morning at the end of a cruise and had requested an early check-in. I called as we disembarked asking if a room would be ready. The clerk told me that a room would be ready about 10 a.m. That gave us just enough time to get our baggage, and get transportation to the Residence Inn.

When we arrived, we were told that the room was not ready because the previous occupants had checked out, but unbeknownst to the hotel staff, had not vacated the room.

Here's the wonderful part–they apologized profusely. The general manager introduced himself to me, and again apologized. He offered to secure our luggage until the room was ready, made sure we could still get breakfast in their dining room, and offered the hotel shuttle to take us somewhere enjoyable until the room was ready.

We took him up on the shuttle and did some Seattle sightseeing. We got a call a while later saying the room was ready, still before the 3:00 check-in time. When we arrived back at the hotel, the staff had taken our luggage to the suite and stored it in the bedrooms.

For the two days we were there, the front desk staff acted as shuttle drivers taking us and other guests to dining and other venues.

Every person was extremely pleasant and responsive.

I hope I soon find a reason to visit the area again; I will definitely stay at this Residence Inn, even if it's not the most convenient hotel to my destination!

Room Tip: We really found the suite with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths with kitchen and sitting room to be an excelle...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kelley D
Washington Dc
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel Memorial Day weekend of 2014. It was recently renovated so the room was lovely. The seating area was large enough for 2 people but I have stayed at a Residence Inn that had a larger kitchen and living area. I guess you don' really need a lot, but I noticed that even though the kitchen had the basic amenities, it just didn't seem like a lot of supplies. I didn't make it to the pool, but my boyfriend used the laundry facilities and the gym. The hot buffet breakfast was great and during the week, there's an awesome omelette station. I was a little disappointed you had to pay to park your car and that the spaces are so small and narrow and that the guests don't know how to park appropriately, but I would stay here again if I ever visited Seattle. Bellevue is only an 8 minute drive to Seattle, the hotel is right off of the highway, and there's a pharmacy, supermarket, and a large mall within a 5 minute drive.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank HuBison
Jim L, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your past stay was at the Residence Inn Marriott Downtown Bellevue.

We value the comments from our guests and glad you had a great stay with us. We are looking for to many more additions to this hotel in the future. We look forward to your next visit to the Bellevue area and let me know if I can do anything to assist you in the future.

Thank you and have a great day!

Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've stayed here several times on business. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, nice location. Rooms are nice and comfortable. The breakfeast they serve has a good variety and plentiful.Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Steelheader1107
We would like to thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Marriott Downtown Bellevue and are so glad you have a great stay.

We appreciate your loyalty and please let us know if you need anything else in the future.

Have a great day!

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I will preface this review that this hotel was simply chosen because it was the only one available on my most recent business trip. With that being said, I didn't have extremely high expectations and regardless, I found basic ones were barely met. When I first arrived, my room had been changed simply because the previous person had not checked out (to a less impressive room, but no credit/discount offered). The credit card waiver that my travel agent had sent (and confirmed via phone) had been lost and it took two more tries to finally get a waiver on file. The room that I was given was facing the freeway so I got to enjoy the sounds of traffic all night, and the curtains do not actually shut so I was enjoying a bright sun at 5:30 in the morning.

I realize this hotel is built simply for business people to attend and I respect that, I typically have low expectations for a Courtyard or Residence Inn. I also understand that the hotel was fully booked and didn't necessarily need my business or care, however, I will do my best to endeavor avoiding at least this particular hotel is not most Marriott's in the future for my regular business trips to Bellevue.

Room Tip: I can only speak for my room, which was 740, but I would avoid anything facing the freeway.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ben617
Jim L, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Ben-
Thank you for your response, as we will use all your suggestions to improve! Our goal at The Residence Inn Downtown Bellevue is to exceed all our guests expectations, and for each and every guest to leave well rested and ready for a productive work day. We hope you will come back to us so we may make it a better experience for you, perhaps a suite overlooking the Nature Preserve? Please feel free to reach out to discuss your experience further, as I would like to make your business trip to Bellevue an enjoyable experience for you in the future.
Best,