“Average”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My husband and I tried Pizzeria Guido Saturday night. We have dined at their sister restaurant, Firenze, in the past and wanted to try their more casual Pizzeria. The atmosphere was quaint, the food was average to good, the server was nice but the service was on the slow side. What frustrated us was that they included an automatic gratuity of 18% for just a party for two. We were using a groupon and always tip on the total before the discount but I really object to a business adding the automatic gratuity just because we are using a deal that they themselves are promoting. When we have a great meal and service, which we did not, we would normally tip 20% but for an average meal we should have had the option to tip 15% at best. Tipping a certain amount is not a guarantee unless specifically disclosed such as for large parties. It is a shame that they do not feel their food or service would merit patrons choosing to leave a 15-20% tip.

2  Thank Powertravels

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We liked the pizza, service and atmosphere a lot. Salvatore, the owner, introduced himself and told us about the restaurant, his family and the food. Nice touch. Made it feel very authentic Italiano. Will go back again for dinner or lunch.

2  Thank cavebearagain
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We've enjoyed eating at their outdoor tables all summer. The salad isn't complicated, which we like, and they happily split it and further singled out one plate to not have nuts (per one's dietary restrictions).
They were also happy to switch out the sausage on our pizza with mushrooms for a full, vegetarian pizza option. If I'm going to spend a few more dollars on pizza, it'll only be here.

1  Thank jessdf7
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The pizza was great but we also had an expensive bottle of brunello at half off. What a fine deal. You have to ask for the 50% off drinks menu though.

1  Thank Maureen C
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I've been eating here ever since they opened. While I agree that the prices are on the upper end of the spectrum, it is very good, freshly made food. Also, the turnover of staff is minimal, which I like very much, so I imagine that they must actually pay a livable wage to the staff. "Better" costs more and that doesn't bother me.

One of our normal waiters, Heriberto, treats us like family. I always feel welcome and know I'm going to get a great meal.

Also, if the kids want pizza, but I want something more, they are happy to let me oder off the menu from their original Italian restaurant, Firenze, which is two doors down.

1  Thank John H