“Great Location - Average room”

and 1 more site!
Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Downtown
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I agree that you won't get good facilities in this hotel but the location is awesome. Near to downtown and Transit and near to every business venues. You don't have to worry if you do not have a car. If you are planning to stay in this hotel prefer booking a room at the backside of the hotel as the front is too noisy because of freeway.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ahsan K
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased to read your kind comments about our location; however, I am disappointed to read that our facilities did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with my staff to review our customer service standards so that we can improve our guest experience. Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

In the two months of my visit, I experienced:
- overcharged credit cards (overheard at the front desk, luckily not me)
- overbooked rooms (again overheard)
- late housekeeping (it only comes once a week anyway)
- incompetent staff
- lousy breakfast (packaged muffins and granola bars, fruit, coffee)
- strange smells (I suppose it's unavoidable when everyone is attempting to cook their homeland's meal)

Speaking if cooking, don't expect to do much if it here. There's a two-burner electric stove and a fridge, one pot and one pan (both stainless) and a glass cutting board which would wreak havoc on any knives except they don't provide them. In other words, if you're going to cook, pack that chef's knife and bamboo board. They'll provide a tiny packet of dish soap but no sponge so expect to buy that. In fact, just don't bother cooking. The food scene in Washington is fantastic, you're better going out to eat.

I won't ever stay in Extended Stay again. If you're smart, you won't either.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Toddlessness
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize for the issues you experienced with our housekeeping and the odor in your room. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure these issues do not continue in the future. As well, I am sorry that our staff, our grab-and-go breakfast and our amenities did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was there for 47 nights and i feel this hotel is very good. I was in Washington for my project and stayed in this hotel. It was near to my office. Cleanliness and housekeeping is awesome and I liked that very much. Will definitely back to the hotel if I had to stay there anytime in future.

Breakfast is always same and not that have lot of options but with the reasonable per day cost hotel is very good to stay. Recommended for others.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The room was booked online via Expedia.com for a rate of $106/night for 6 days. The online information stated breakfast was included and there was a mini kitchen in the room - the rate, kitchen and breakfast made it the best choice of the hotels in the area. Upon check-in we waited more than 15 min at the front desk because the computer connection was "slow" and our reservation information couldn't be found. The front desk clerk stated there would not be maid service throughout our stay, if new towels were needed we needed to bring the dirty towels to the front desk and receive clean towels. We learned breakfast is "grab and go" and consists of apples, Quaker granola bars and coffee - the items are placed on a table across from the front desk. Eventually we got the room keys and went to the room on the top (5th) floor. With lots of suitcases, bags and hanging clothes the 2 tier closet is great. The 2 beds in the room are full-sized (not queen) and the bedding is on the lower end of the quality scale. There are plenty of pillows but they are thin and low quality. There is an in-room air conditioner/heater and it works well but it's LOUD, it's necessary to use it since the sun bakes this side of building in the afternoon. The kitchen consists of handful of cabinets, 3 plates, 3 bowls, 3 mugs and a few utensils, a 2 burner stove, a full-sized frig, a small microwave, a conventional toaster and a small coffee maker. There is a small 2 person table with 2 chairs around it and an upholstered chair in the room as well. Wi-fi internet access is free and relatively fast, faster speed internet is an option but costs $3.99/day. Overall this is a good place to stay and meets our needs.

Room Tip: West side rooms face the 405 highway (noise) and the afternoon sun (heat in the spring/summer).
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed here for a business trip for 3 days of training. When i arrived there was a person checking in with their luggage all over the lobby. It took 10 minutes for the clerk to finish checking him in. However, the clerk did not acknowledge me at all until I said, "Hello" when it was my turn. I had looked on the website, which must have been a general website for the chain, to make sure it had a gym. This hotel does not have a gym or a pool. There are no toiletries in the room. Unexpectedly, I found out right after I got out of the shower that there were no hair dryers in the room. I had to ask for a hair dryer and had to come down to the front desk right because they had no one who could bring it to me. The breakfast was prepackaged food. There was no housekeeping yet they only gave you one coffee packet for your in-room coffee maker. The linens did not feel clean.

Also when I arrived on my floor a maid was in the hallway with her cart. I had a luggage cart and could not fit the cart between her cart. She looked annoyed that I was even there. She said nothing to me. I started to remove my bags from the cart to carry the rest of the way to my room. She stood there without saying anything and attempted to hold her cart back so I could fit. I said thank you, but she said nothing. It's amazing how much common courtesies make a difference when you are trying to navigate a hotel. It would have been appropriate and nice in this situation.

One night a guest fried fish! I know this is not the hotel's fault but perhaps a better ventilation system should be considered.

Unfortunately, I will not return.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is the first time I have stayed in an Extended Stay unit. I was only there for one night after a big dinner. Booked it through Expedia and it was the best rate in the area by $40/night. Skeptical but was very impressed by the room, its cleanliness as well as the whole property. Check in and out were rapid and efficient. Will be looking for this company much more in the future. Excellent stay.

• Stayed: May 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Paul - Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable stay at a great rate. As well, it's great to hear that you had a speedy check-in and check-out experience. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

This hotel is near the Microsoft campus (walking distance) and is much cheaper than other hotels nearby. It was a nice clean room with good facilities. It's a fair distance from any shops though so getting something for dinner requires a car. Overall, a very comfortable stay with excellent service at the front desk.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business