Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Factoria
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Spokane, Washington, United States
“Not Recommended!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Although this was a non-smoking room, upon entering the room had a foul odor. Kitchen not equipped for 4 persons. I had to make several trips to the Lobby/Check-in for supplies - even one extra roll of toilet paper! Two bar-b-ques for the complex, one gas, one briquettes. But the gas igniter didn't work & the hotel did not supply matches. Breakfast was meager: breakfast bar, packaged cinnamon roll, oatmeal, orange and/or apple. Couldn't access the "free Wi-Fi".Easy access from I-90.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
vancouver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

Entered room and the worst smell ever. Bathroom was disgusting had not been cleaned, didn't even take a shower. The bed had some kinda bugs in it and the blankets some kind of black droppings. I couldn't sleep in that filth so I ended up sleeping in my car the whole night because the lobby was closed at 11pm so nobody there. Free breakfast included a granola bar, an apple, and hot water. False advertising and purely disgusting. Will never ever stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
San Juan Metro Region, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

I reserved and pay for a non-smoking room, but the room assigned was for smoking and the staff say that do not have more room available,the odor was unbearable, the bathroom door was broken. The hotel location is very good, near to Bellevue downtown and easy acces to highway to Redmond and Seattle.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Isaias M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

I booked this hotel in a rush simply for the value. It was ranked as a two star hotel, but I didn't have time to care. The check-in was so easy and when I got to my room, I was really surprised--it was more than I expected. It was spotless, roomy, comfortable bed, fully supplied kitchen, and nice sized bathroom. It was a very comfortable stay and I would only stay there if I ever go back.

• Stayed April 2013
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Factoria, responded to this review, 20 April 2013
Thank you for staying at Extended Stay America Seattle - Bellevue Factoria .I am so glad you found us and we welcome you to new way of staying. We at Extended Stay America believe in providing clean , comfortable rooms to all our guests and I feel proud that we were able to deliver what we promise. We look forward to seein gyou agin in future in Factoria or at any of ours hotels all across the nation.
Minooka, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

...After having a horrendous couple of days at the QI, SeaTac Airport location that my company's travel agency mistakenly booked me at (see my review, and note that the manager response contains some falsehoods about their attempts to contact me...), I was able to switch out to any other place I could find within the allotted budget. I was going to switch to a downtown Seattle location, but many of the hotels were already booked, so I found this one which, actually, suited my work needs a bit better as far as my base location goes - right smack in between the downtown Seattle and suburban locations I was there to service.

I'll get the "but" part out of the way first: This location appeared to have just been rebranded to an "ESA" from their other brand "Homestead Studio Suites", although, per their own site's categorization, probably should be branded as a "Crossland Economy Studios" - the room is smaller than usual for an "extended stay" type, and does not have the usual amenities - there is no fitness center, business area, meeting room, etc. The kitchenette area is tiny, just off the bathroom, and there is no real room to move around - as such, it can be a bit claustrophobic if you're looking to relax in the middle of the day, and there is no room for a sofa or coffee table that is the norm for "extended stay" places.

The facility appears to have originated as a motor inn back in the day - the room entrances are all exterior, which unfortunately means that pretty much any sound made in the parking area is easily heard. At least it was pretty quiet most of the time. I would suggest, though, that since the only window is the one that faces the same as the entry door, that adding a sheer panel behind the blackout drapes would allow some light in without totally compromising personal privacy. Unless you are a news or ESPN junkie, forget about camping out in front of the TV; the channel selection is as basic as I've seen in any hotel...anyway, if you are looking for a roomy, comfortable place that will be good for several days or weeks, and have room for guests, or if you are looking for a place to bring the kids - look elsewhere.

Now, for the good stuff:

1) Inexpensive - easily the best bang-for-buck rooms in the area. Great for those who just need a place to sleep for a night or two while checking out all the things the area has to offer.

2) Clean - Rooms themselves are clean on check-in, and I noticed that there were staff members on the grounds daily keeping up appearances. Also, I have seen some reviews that complain that there is no daily maid service; well, that's the way it is at most extended-stay places - you maintain your room like it's yours. If you trash it, clean it up.

3) Friendly - Every time I went to the office, from check-in to check-out, I was greeted warmly by everyone - from Erin to Chelsea to Kalie to Stephanie - all friendly and accommodating to my few requests and questions.

4) Convenient - I know location is very subjective based on individual needs, while I probably would have preferred to be in downtown Seattle for my own purposes, this location was actually better-suited for my work purposes. Right next door to the US HQ of T-Mobile. It is right off I-90 and the 405, and only a block from the Factoria Shopping area, which has all the basic stores you may need, no less than four places for groceries, and several restaurants. It is only about a 15-minute drive to downtown Seattle (rush-hours permitting, of course), about 5-10 minutes from downtown Bellevue, and easy access to eastbound I-90 if you want to take the short, yet breathtaking drive to the Cascades.

All-in-all, if you're needing an "extended stay" for any reason, especially business, look elsewhere - there are many other better-suited places in the Seattle area. If you are a single or a couple with no kids in tow that plans on spending most of the time exploring the fabulous greater Seattle area, this is a nice, small, clean, inexpensive place to sleep and freshen up for a day or two.

Room Tip: Try to request a room the does not overlook I-90. While those rooms have the best views, they also g...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank cbh5150
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Factoria, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Thank you for staying at Extended Stay America at Bellevue factoria . We do thank you for sharing your experience with us. We at extended stay America greatly value all guest feedback, And we take is as training tool to further improve our services.

We are in the process of rebranding all our hotels to Extended stay America and with it are changes happening right now like addition of grab an go break fast,water filter in rooms. A complete renovation is planned for this hotel and we are very excited for all the good things to come.We do want to let you know that we have taken your concerns seriously and we appreciate you recognized our team here in factoria.Thank you again. we hope to see you soon.All the best from everyone in Bellevue
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

Dirty bathroom with hairs in the tub! Also rooms have only 1 bed, makes it hard to stay with a friend or with kids, the wifi is slow (hard to watch videos eg Netflix), staff are friendly, breakfast is very basic, room service once a week

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for staying at Extended Stay America at Bellevue factoria . We do thank you for sharing your experience with us. We at Extended stay America believe in providing clean comfortable room to all our guests, But looks like we failed to provide the same to you this time. I am very disappointed to know but I do wan to assure you that we have made changes for better and we certainly are there to provide better than expected experience for our guests. Unfortunately at this location we do not have room with 2 beds, although our Deluxe rooms have Sofa bed in them. As far as housekeeping is concerned keeping guest privacy in mind we follow the weekly housekeeping schedule but you are more than welcome to exchange your linen a the front desk.

We are in the process of rebranding all our hotels to Extended stay America and with it are changes happening right now like addition of grab an go break fast, water filter in rooms. A complete renovation is planned for this hotel and we are very excited for all the good things to come.We do want to let you know that we have taken your concerns seriously .We do hope that you will give one more try and I promise a much better ExperienceThank you again. we hope to see you soon.
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

You see these new Extended Stay America hotels all over. Unfortunately, they're not new. They come into an area and purchase old hotel and remodel them so they can market them as their own. The problem is, they only remodel the surface. We stayed in the Bellevue-Factoria Extended Stay America for three nights. We didn't sleep much. Or at least very well. The mattresses were obviously VERY old. The springs were squeaky, the ticking was dirty, and they were very hard. The coverlets were very old, too. The kind that slide off of you while you're sleeping, so you get cold. They also used Velux blankets (does anyone even sell those anymore??). No extra blankets or pillows were offered or available. The cabinets in the kitchen were right out of the 1980s catalog, as were the fixtures, curtain and decor in the very small bathroom. The grab-and-go breakfast was nothing more than a few granola bars and coffee. No fruit or any other offerings.

I felt that for the money we spent, we would have a nicer stay. The hotel is located in an industrial park, most likely frequented by business travelers. Companies booking for their employees would be better off at the Best Western down the road. It seems that, while they tried to rework this hotel, they fell extremely short. They must have spent most of their money on the exterior, which looks very nice. Because they obviously didn't spend a cent more than they had to on the interior or replacing outdated furnishings and uncomfortable old mattresses. After all, why do you stay in a hotel like this? To sleep. The least they can do is to replace the mattresses. Please.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else if you want a comfortable bed.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank trip_loverCA
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Factoria, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Thank you choosing to stay at Extended Stay America- Bellevue- Factoria and for your feedback. I am very disappointed to know that your stay was not to your ssatisfaction. I do apologize for not been able to provide a home away from home experience. Extended Stay America is All corporately owned hotel chain which just recently rebranding all its hotel to one name- Extended Stay America. I am very sorry about the less than comfortable bed at this location. Good news is that , this hotel will be renovated in coming months and at that time we will have have a brand new decor, furnishing, mattresses etc. we realize it is outdated so we are going to be fixing . In Seattle area our hotels in Bothell , Everett, and Tukwila were completely renovated and I would like you to try those next time and I am sure you will not ice the difference in quality.
Once again thank you for giving us a try and we hope you will come back and see our renovated hotel when its ready, if not before.Best wishes from all of us here in a Bellevue.