“very disappointing”

Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Seattle, Washington
“very disappointing”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My husband and I needed a last minute place to stay when the power went out and we were dealing with a temporary medical issue that required electricity. This hotel was reasonably priced and accepted pets, so off we went!

From the start it was not a positive experience. Front desk was unfriendly, room was on the third floor with external access only and no elevator. When we walked in it REEKED of curry. I will say it seemed pretty clean despite the odor, but unless I am actively eating Indian food, I don't really want to be smelling it. We opened the window to try and air the place out, and were deafened by road noise from Route 90, which is very close. The bed was like 10 stacked layers of cardboard--I have slept on floors that were comparable in comfort levels, and it squeaked at every little movement!

The list goes on, closet with no doors, cracked tub, a "suite" that was smaller than standard hotel rooms I've stayed in.

Needless to say, while it had electricity and fulfilled our immediate needs, we would not recommend it or stay there again ourselves.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AKWoodinville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Yakima, Washington
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel through Priceline at the last minute. We needed a one-night stay before driving home after arriving at Sea-Tac from a long flight. The price was very competitive.

The room was quite spacious, appearing to have been refreshed somewhat recently. The property is by no means new, but the exterior is in great condition and the room itself was clean and presentable, even if the kitchenette was a bit dated. I'd estimate the property to be '90s vintage, and he decor of the kitchenette and bathroom seem to confirm this. The Pur water filter on the kitchen faucet was a nice touch.

The front desk staff was very friendly. Explained in detail the property, where our room was located and the details of the morning "Breakfast". Breakfast consisted of the typical continental stuff you'd see anyplace. Coffee, tea, fruit, muffins and beads.

I've stayed at an ESA a number of years prior. As a comparison I'd say this is a huge improvement. At the location I stayed at many years ago the front desk was not 24 hours and soap and towel supplies were meager, just bar soap and no shampoo and only one set of towels. The bed was hard as a rock and made noise every time you moved. The whole experience was not impressive.

On this visit there was soap and shampoo, more than enough towels for more than two occupants and the bed was more comfortable, although quite firm and still a bit too squeaky for my tastes. ESAs don't provide full housekeeping service, however you can pay a small fee on a daily basis to have traditional housekeeping. He fee is minimal so it might be money well spent. I'd you pay for daily housekeeping, they don't do your dishes, but they are care of everything else. If you opt to not have daily housekeeping, you can get fresh towels and soap from the front desk,

Be aware, there is no dishwasher in the kitchenette, which is typical for ESA properties. Since I've never stayed at an ESA more than a couple of nights I've never needed to really use the kitchen beyond reheating restaurant food, I've never used the provided utensils, however having a dishwasher would make life easier for he average long term occupant and would ensure more sanitary utensils between guests. I openly admit that I'm a clean freak and a kitchen without a dishwasher is a disgusting prospect.

Wi-Fi is free, but slow. The Wi-Fi login screen offers to charge you a fee to upgrade to high speed wireless. That might be necessary if you are a road warrior and need high speed data for work, but otherwise free is fine. Don't expect to stream video on the free Wi-Fi unless you upgrade.

In general this was a good value. Clean room, reasonable bed and a great price. I can't ask for too much more.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Spokane, Washington, United States
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Although this was a non-smoking room, upon entering the room had a foul odor. Kitchen not equipped for 4 persons. I had to make several trips to the Lobby/Check-in for supplies - even one extra roll of toilet paper! Two bar-b-ques for the complex, one gas, one briquettes. But the gas igniter didn't work & the hotel did not supply matches. Breakfast was meager: breakfast bar, packaged cinnamon roll, oatmeal, orange and/or apple. Couldn't access the "free Wi-Fi".Easy access from I-90.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen C

Travellers are raving about these Bellevue hotels

vancouver
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Entered room and the worst smell ever. Bathroom was disgusting had not been cleaned, didn't even take a shower. The bed had some kinda bugs in it and the blankets some kind of black droppings. I couldn't sleep in that filth so I ended up sleeping in my car the whole night because the lobby was closed at 11pm so nobody there. Free breakfast included a granola bar, an apple, and hot water. False advertising and purely disgusting. Will never ever stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
San Juan Metro Region, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I reserved and pay for a non-smoking room, but the room assigned was for smoking and the staff say that do not have more room available,the odor was unbearable, the bathroom door was broken. The hotel location is very good, near to Bellevue downtown and easy acces to highway to Redmond and Seattle.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Isaias M
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I booked this hotel in a rush simply for the value. It was ranked as a two star hotel, but I didn't have time to care. The check-in was so easy and when I got to my room, I was really surprised--it was more than I expected. It was spotless, roomy, comfortable bed, fully supplied kitchen, and nice sized bathroom. It was a very comfortable stay and I would only stay there if I ever go back.

• Stayed April 2013
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Factoria, responded to this review, 20 April 2013
Thank you for staying at Extended Stay America Seattle - Bellevue Factoria .I am so glad you found us and we welcome you to new way of staying. We at Extended Stay America believe in providing clean , comfortable rooms to all our guests and I feel proud that we were able to deliver what we promise. We look forward to seein gyou agin in future in Factoria or at any of ours hotels all across the nation.
Minooka, Illinois
Reviewed 2 April 2013

...After having a horrendous couple of days at the QI, SeaTac Airport location that my company's travel agency mistakenly booked me at (see my review, and note that the manager response contains some falsehoods about their attempts to contact me...), I was able to switch out to any other place I could find within the allotted budget. I was going to switch to a downtown Seattle location, but many of the hotels were already booked, so I found this one which, actually, suited my work needs a bit better as far as my base location goes - right smack in between the downtown Seattle and suburban locations I was there to service.

I'll get the "but" part out of the way first: This location appeared to have just been rebranded to an "ESA" from their other brand "Homestead Studio Suites", although, per their own site's categorization, probably should be branded as a "Crossland Economy Studios" - the room is smaller than usual for an "extended stay" type, and does not have the usual amenities - there is no fitness center, business area, meeting room, etc. The kitchenette area is tiny, just off the bathroom, and there is no real room to move around - as such, it can be a bit claustrophobic if you're looking to relax in the middle of the day, and there is no room for a sofa or coffee table that is the norm for "extended stay" places.

The facility appears to have originated as a motor inn back in the day - the room entrances are all exterior, which unfortunately means that pretty much any sound made in the parking area is easily heard. At least it was pretty quiet most of the time. I would suggest, though, that since the only window is the one that faces the same as the entry door, that adding a sheer panel behind the blackout drapes would allow some light in without totally compromising personal privacy. Unless you are a news or ESPN junkie, forget about camping out in front of the TV; the channel selection is as basic as I've seen in any hotel...anyway, if you are looking for a roomy, comfortable place that will be good for several days or weeks, and have room for guests, or if you are looking for a place to bring the kids - look elsewhere.

Now, for the good stuff:

1) Inexpensive - easily the best bang-for-buck rooms in the area. Great for those who just need a place to sleep for a night or two while checking out all the things the area has to offer.

2) Clean - Rooms themselves are clean on check-in, and I noticed that there were staff members on the grounds daily keeping up appearances. Also, I have seen some reviews that complain that there is no daily maid service; well, that's the way it is at most extended-stay places - you maintain your room like it's yours. If you trash it, clean it up.

3) Friendly - Every time I went to the office, from check-in to check-out, I was greeted warmly by everyone - from Erin to Chelsea to Kalie to Stephanie - all friendly and accommodating to my few requests and questions.

4) Convenient - I know location is very subjective based on individual needs, while I probably would have preferred to be in downtown Seattle for my own purposes, this location was actually better-suited for my work purposes. Right next door to the US HQ of T-Mobile. It is right off I-90 and the 405, and only a block from the Factoria Shopping area, which has all the basic stores you may need, no less than four places for groceries, and several restaurants. It is only about a 15-minute drive to downtown Seattle (rush-hours permitting, of course), about 5-10 minutes from downtown Bellevue, and easy access to eastbound I-90 if you want to take the short, yet breathtaking drive to the Cascades.

All-in-all, if you're needing an "extended stay" for any reason, especially business, look elsewhere - there are many other better-suited places in the Seattle area. If you are a single or a couple with no kids in tow that plans on spending most of the time exploring the fabulous greater Seattle area, this is a nice, small, clean, inexpensive place to sleep and freshen up for a day or two.

Room Tip: Try to request a room the does not overlook I-90. While those rooms have the best views, they also g...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank cbh5150
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Factoria, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Thank you for staying at Extended Stay America at Bellevue factoria . We do thank you for sharing your experience with us. We at extended stay America greatly value all guest feedback, And we take is as training tool to further improve our services.

We are in the process of rebranding all our hotels to Extended stay America and with it are changes happening right now like addition of grab an go break fast,water filter in rooms. A complete renovation is planned for this hotel and we are very excited for all the good things to come.We do want to let you know that we have taken your concerns seriously and we appreciate you recognized our team here in factoria.Thank you again. we hope to see you soon.All the best from everyone in Bellevue