“Cheap and old, okay for one night but not extended like it suggests in the name.”

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Factoria
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Had reservations for two non-smoking rooms and since they were booked up, all the non-smoking rooms were taken and we got stuck in a smoking room. They were going to charge us a $15 and $20 upgrade. I said, "An upgrade charge for a smoking room??" And the person checking us in was nice enough to wave the fees. The place is old, but tolerable. Our bathroom door was cracked from the outside and when you looked from inside, there were multiple punch holes from a previous customer. Glad we only stayed here one night.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank ruhburduhkey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I stayed at the factoria Bellevue extended stay for 3 months form march-may 2013. Everyone at the hotel from the management to the house keeping were always friendly and helpful. Room was very clean upon check in and had all the comforts of home.There are plenty of great stores,supermarkets and great restaurants and the Bellevue square is less than 5 miles away.I will be back again in the area next year and I will stay at the factoria Bellevue property I rate the hotel a 10 !! I highly recommend if your in the area check out this hotel you won't be disappointed Coinguy069

• Stayed May 2013
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My husband and I needed a last minute place to stay when the power went out and we were dealing with a temporary medical issue that required electricity. This hotel was reasonably priced and accepted pets, so off we went!

From the start it was not a positive experience. Front desk was unfriendly, room was on the third floor with external access only and no elevator. When we walked in it REEKED of curry. I will say it seemed pretty clean despite the odor, but unless I am actively eating Indian food, I don't really want to be smelling it. We opened the window to try and air the place out, and were deafened by road noise from Route 90, which is very close. The bed was like 10 stacked layers of cardboard--I have slept on floors that were comparable in comfort levels, and it squeaked at every little movement!

The list goes on, closet with no doors, cracked tub, a "suite" that was smaller than standard hotel rooms I've stayed in.

Needless to say, while it had electricity and fulfilled our immediate needs, we would not recommend it or stay there again ourselves.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AKWoodinville
Yakima, Washington
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel through Priceline at the last minute. We needed a one-night stay before driving home after arriving at Sea-Tac from a long flight. The price was very competitive.

The room was quite spacious, appearing to have been refreshed somewhat recently. The property is by no means new, but the exterior is in great condition and the room itself was clean and presentable, even if the kitchenette was a bit dated. I'd estimate the property to be '90s vintage, and he decor of the kitchenette and bathroom seem to confirm this. The Pur water filter on the kitchen faucet was a nice touch.

The front desk staff was very friendly. Explained in detail the property, where our room was located and the details of the morning "Breakfast". Breakfast consisted of the typical continental stuff you'd see anyplace. Coffee, tea, fruit, muffins and beads.

I've stayed at an ESA a number of years prior. As a comparison I'd say this is a huge improvement. At the location I stayed at many years ago the front desk was not 24 hours and soap and towel supplies were meager, just bar soap and no shampoo and only one set of towels. The bed was hard as a rock and made noise every time you moved. The whole experience was not impressive.

On this visit there was soap and shampoo, more than enough towels for more than two occupants and the bed was more comfortable, although quite firm and still a bit too squeaky for my tastes. ESAs don't provide full housekeeping service, however you can pay a small fee on a daily basis to have traditional housekeeping. He fee is minimal so it might be money well spent. I'd you pay for daily housekeeping, they don't do your dishes, but they are care of everything else. If you opt to not have daily housekeeping, you can get fresh towels and soap from the front desk,

Be aware, there is no dishwasher in the kitchenette, which is typical for ESA properties. Since I've never stayed at an ESA more than a couple of nights I've never needed to really use the kitchen beyond reheating restaurant food, I've never used the provided utensils, however having a dishwasher would make life easier for he average long term occupant and would ensure more sanitary utensils between guests. I openly admit that I'm a clean freak and a kitchen without a dishwasher is a disgusting prospect.

Wi-Fi is free, but slow. The Wi-Fi login screen offers to charge you a fee to upgrade to high speed wireless. That might be necessary if you are a road warrior and need high speed data for work, but otherwise free is fine. Don't expect to stream video on the free Wi-Fi unless you upgrade.

In general this was a good value. Clean room, reasonable bed and a great price. I can't ask for too much more.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Spokane, Washington, United States
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Although this was a non-smoking room, upon entering the room had a foul odor. Kitchen not equipped for 4 persons. I had to make several trips to the Lobby/Check-in for supplies - even one extra roll of toilet paper! Two bar-b-ques for the complex, one gas, one briquettes. But the gas igniter didn't work & the hotel did not supply matches. Breakfast was meager: breakfast bar, packaged cinnamon roll, oatmeal, orange and/or apple. Couldn't access the "free Wi-Fi".Easy access from I-90.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen C
vancouver
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Entered room and the worst smell ever. Bathroom was disgusting had not been cleaned, didn't even take a shower. The bed had some kinda bugs in it and the blankets some kind of black droppings. I couldn't sleep in that filth so I ended up sleeping in my car the whole night because the lobby was closed at 11pm so nobody there. Free breakfast included a granola bar, an apple, and hot water. False advertising and purely disgusting. Will never ever stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
San Juan Metro Region, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I reserved and pay for a non-smoking room, but the room assigned was for smoking and the staff say that do not have more room available,the odor was unbearable, the bathroom door was broken. The hotel location is very good, near to Bellevue downtown and easy acces to highway to Redmond and Seattle.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business