“Poor Customer Service”

Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Tempe, Arizona
“Poor Customer Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

This was perhaps one of the worst hotels I've stayed at in regards to customer service. When I arrived, there were three people in front of me, which was not an issue. However, Christine at the front desk was displaying how overwhelmed she was with the amount of people in the lobby. She was rude to everyone, and she complained about her job in front of guests. She then proceeded to assist with customers out of order, which made it take even longer for myself to check in. I contacted and left a message with the district manager a few days ago, but I still have not received a response. I've never encountered such disrespect or disorganization.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Factoria, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
I received a copy of your response and wanted to take some time to personally respond. I’m upset to learn that a member of our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. Please know, I’m working with our entire staff to improve our customer service so that your experience is not repeated. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at blv@extendedstay.com.

Again, your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us to continually improve our hotel. We do hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

My eyes are still itching and watering from the smoke smell in my room last night. I stayed in Building 2, and was informed on my leaving that Building 2 used to be a smoking facility (but was no longer). Can you ever *not* be a smoking building when you once were? I don't think so.

I consider myself pretty able to deal with bad smells, allergens, etc., but I was unable to last more than one night. Overall, if cheap is your only criteria this may be your best place, but I found it too foul to last. I would give them 2 stars ("poor" instead of "terrible") because the room was clean, but the lasting physical effects of this nasty room are just too much to overlook.

Free wifi is a plus, but it is very limited (you have to pay extra for decent wifi speed).

Spend a few dollars more and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Choose Building 2 if you like the smells of smoking.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Factoria, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the smell in your room is truly regrettable. I am very sorry for your experience. In response to your feedback, I will make sure a deep clean is performed on the room. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional comments, please reach out to me at blv@extendedstay.com. We hope we have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in town.
Las Vegas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

Seriously you can't even provide a pen for the room? The room is basic with a small kitchen and coffee maker but no coffee cream or sugars are provided. The room smells of fresh paint but probably not good for me to breathe in all the fumes it lets off. They must have just recently refurbished this place. It has brand new carpet. Maybe it's the new carpet giving off the fumes. Don't know. The bathroom and kitchen are still dated though. The walls are very thin. You can hear every conversation outside and people walking upstais. There is no gym on site. I looked up the company website and it said it had a nearby discounted gym. I called the front desk and she had no clue what I was talking about. I told her it was on their site. She was nice and provided me 2 numbers but no one answered. I finally called 24 hour fitness and their fee is $20 a day in downtown Bellevue. The staff are nice which is probably their only good point.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Factoria, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. While we do not provide pens in our rooms, please know that many amenities are available at the front desk, should you need them in the future. I have discussed your comments with the team, and we are making sure that the front desk does a better job of communicating our hotel’s amenities to guests upon checking in. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your comments.

If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at BLV@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Greater London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

I am staying in this hotel for couple of times in last two month. In January I find they have opened up the renovated new wing at bldg 3 and hiked the price a bit. But overall good place for solo business traveller if you do not like to eat out. Each room comes with kitchen, utensils, free wifi. The break fast is coffee, muffin and fruit (need to be early to have those). Good hotel post renovation - but service quality can be improved.

Room Tip: all rooms are required - ask for non-smoking room that does not have fixed window (there are few lik...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ShantanuChatterjee
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Factoria, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am very sorry that our staff's service did not meet your expectations. This is something we are constantly working to improve, and will continue to do so moving forward. Still, I am glad that you liked the improvements we are making to the hotel overall, and am happy to announce that they should be completed some time in March. We would love to invite you back again to show you the new rooms! Thank you again for your review.
Issaquah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

The staff at this hotel is not friendly nor are they helpful. The rooms are dirty, the bed is uncomfortable, the "breakfast" is something to be desired. (They ran out of coffee by 7am, and only had expired sugary cerealbars) the walls are bery thin and the nois level is really loud. I was woken up out of my sleep several times.

• Stayed October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Factoria, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that coffee was unavailable to you, and that your room was less than clean with an uncomfortable bed. As this hotel’s new manager, I can assure you that I have shared your comments with our entire team to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at blv@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you have needs in the Bellevue area.
The Hague, The Netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

During check in, lady at the reception was unfriendly and made it seem like a great hassle to include the name of my husband on the reservation. There was no smile, but (even more important) also no efficiency in the way she handled our check in. The overall feeling we got during check in was: Why should we suffer just because you're in a bad mood?!

Grab and go breakfast only included bars, apples and coffee/ tea. O yeah, prepacked muffins. It was horrible! I am not sure where/ how it is stated in the reservation that breakfast is a grab and go affair but please be advised that you will need to get groceries from the nearby stores if you are used to having a decent breakfast in the morning.

The room seemed clean but lo and behold, when you open cabinets you will discover dirty insides, incomplete utensils etc. Our bath room was clean, but cold - no heater. Toilet was clean as well, but that should be a normal thing right?

The only plus is the opportunity of checking out at 2 am. That was easy and the guy at the reception was OK (we expected to encounter a grumpy fellow due to our previous experience and the time of day).

Overall, this is definitely not a place to return to.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. We appreciate the kind comments about our night attendant; however, we apologize that for the unfriendly welcome you received and that your room was not up to our normal cleanliness standards . As this hotel’s new manager, I can assure you that I have been coaching all staff members and doing 100% room inspections prior to releasing rooms to our valued guests, to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at blv@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Short and sweet: hanging light fixture. Red lip stick on: towels, cups, & silverware. Unsure if bathtub was moldy or unclean? Food left over from pervious guest in fridge & the freezer. Top it off with a rat sighting under the car. Gross is an understatement. I would expect this at a $30 bucks a night hotel not $90+

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Factoria, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness of your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. In response to your feedback, We have implemented a 100% room inspection by management prior to releasing our rooms to sell. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback.

If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at blv@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.