“Great location, unhappy staff”

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Factoria
Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Right next to a big shopping area, this property is pretty with smaller, though with newer rooms than I've experienced in Extended Stay hotels. Just wish the staff were a bit more cheerful. They were almost condescending.

Room Tip: Avoid highway side rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Factoria, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed our great location and your room during your visit with us. Still, I am very sorry to hear that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. Customer service is a top priority of ours, so I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet that goal. I will be meeting with our staff to review our customer service expectations to ensure your experience is not repeated in the future. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Factoria

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I am a long term resident in the Seattle area, and have finally chosen the Bellevue Factoria Extended Stay America as my long term residence.
The renovation solved multiple difficulties with the room such as a cleaner carpet, and the floors are less sticky. The only bad part is that the beds are so hard.
The walls aren't paper thin like other ESA locations in the surrounding area. I absolutely love their flexible billing options.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 327randyw
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Factoria, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Randy - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

My wife and I had to be in the Seattle area to tend to some business and we chose to stay in this property on a whim from 4/9-4/14. Let me tell you, this place was very nice. This is by no means a high end property, but it is a clean newer property. The staff was great, the GM was beyond helpful and incredibly nice and smart. This place is what I call a no brainer. We are from Seattle and have a house and family there, but had no regrets staying there. Thanks to the staff and management.

Room Tip: try to get a lower room close to your car and make sure that you get a room with a operating window...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Factoria, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Check in was fine (the young lady was quite pleasant) unfortunately, that was the highlight of our stay. Upon entering our room there was a strong off putting odor that was only dispensed with by using our can of lysol. The next issue was the bathroom, the fixtures were stained and there were hairs on the toilet seat. The hair dryer provided had a cracked plug (does electrical hazard come to mind). Almost forgot, one tiny tube of shampoo for two people!? Really! Guess having enough for two guests wasn't cost effective. The AC/Heating unit, no matter what setting was used either made the room unbearably hot or freezing and I seriously doubt the filter had been changed since this place opened. The phone in the room was missing all of the auxillary buttons. The kitchen area while adequate was poorly cleaned. The bed was a joke. The fitted sheets were not the correct size and as a result kept coming undone when either of us would move on the bed. The mattress was horrid, it was obviously very cheap and had broken springs. By their "Grab & Go Breakfast" is a joke. I went down to get coffee and was informed that they were out and there wasn't anyone available to get more. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra money and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wendy A
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Factoria, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Wendy – I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize for the maintenance issues, odors and the level of cleanliness in your room. Please know, I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Also, I will meet with our entire staff to review our maintenance policies so that this issue does not affect our future guests. If you would like to provide any additional feedback, please feel free to contact me directly at, blv@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for the comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

This was perhaps one of the worst hotels I've stayed at in regards to customer service. When I arrived, there were three people in front of me, which was not an issue. However, Christine at the front desk was displaying how overwhelmed she was with the amount of people in the lobby. She was rude to everyone, and she complained about her job in front of guests. She then proceeded to assist with customers out of order, which made it take even longer for myself to check in. I contacted and left a message with the district manager a few days ago, but I still have not received a response. I've never encountered such disrespect or disorganization.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Factoria, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

I received a copy of your response and wanted to take some time to personally respond. I’m upset to learn that a member of our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. Please know, I’m working with our entire staff to improve our customer service so that your experience is not repeated. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at blv@extendedstay.com.

Again, your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us to continually improve our hotel. We do hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience in the near future.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

My eyes are still itching and watering from the smoke smell in my room last night. I stayed in Building 2, and was informed on my leaving that Building 2 used to be a smoking facility (but was no longer). Can you ever *not* be a smoking building when you once were? I don't think so.

I consider myself pretty able to deal with bad smells, allergens, etc., but I was unable to last more than one night. Overall, if cheap is your only criteria this may be your best place, but I found it too foul to last. I would give them 2 stars ("poor" instead of "terrible") because the room was clean, but the lasting physical effects of this nasty room are just too much to overlook.

Free wifi is a plus, but it is very limited (you have to pay extra for decent wifi speed).

Spend a few dollars more and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Choose Building 2 if you like the smells of smoking.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Factoria, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the smell in your room is truly regrettable. I am very sorry for your experience. In response to your feedback, I will make sure a deep clean is performed on the room. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional comments, please reach out to me at blv@extendedstay.com. We hope we have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in town.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Seriously you can't even provide a pen for the room? The room is basic with a small kitchen and coffee maker but no coffee cream or sugars are provided. The room smells of fresh paint but probably not good for me to breathe in all the fumes it lets off. They must have just recently refurbished this place. It has brand new carpet. Maybe it's the new carpet giving off the fumes. Don't know. The bathroom and kitchen are still dated though. The walls are very thin. You can hear every conversation outside and people walking upstais. There is no gym on site. I looked up the company website and it said it had a nearby discounted gym. I called the front desk and she had no clue what I was talking about. I told her it was on their site. She was nice and provided me 2 numbers but no one answered. I finally called 24 hour fitness and their fee is $20 a day in downtown Bellevue. The staff are nice which is probably their only good point.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Factoria, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. While we do not provide pens in our rooms, please know that many amenities are available at the front desk, should you need them in the future. I have discussed your comments with the team, and we are making sure that the front desk does a better job of communicating our hotel’s amenities to guests upon checking in. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your comments.

If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at BLV@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.