“Great stay never any problems”

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Factoria
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
“Great stay never any problems”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I love this place for when I am too lazy to goo home from bfs. Or when its too late :) staff is always amazing! Room always equipped.. I laugh at the possibility of it being unsafe. Of course I always check everything first. But I know that the staff will help if there ever WAS a problem. I will always stay at this branch if possible, due to great experiences. Thanks a bunch!!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here during a recent trip to the Seattle area. We reserved our room for three nights but ended up staying with friends on the 3rd night instead. The room itself was reasonably clean but none of the bathroom outlets worked, which made getting ready in the morning much more difficult and inconvenient than it should have been. The bathroom was missing most basic amenities like shampoo and toilet paper. The bed was very, very uncomfortable and hard as a board. I understand that many people prefer a firm mattress but for my husband and me it was extremely difficult to sleep.

The last straw was coming back to our room on our second night and finding the door HANGING OPEN. Thankfully none of our belongings were stolen, but it was very alarming and made us feel quite apprehensive about staying a third night. On further inspection, it appeared that the door actually didn't latch properly even when appearing to fully close (the door even made a latch-clicking sound so it definitely seemed closed when it was really not). One of us had to throw our weight against the door to get the latch to actually engage. Not sure if we had failed to close the door, or if it was housekeeping, but either way it was a terrible experience.

We would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank thetinynerd
Kaysville, Utah
Reviewed 24 July 2014

So, we saw the new commercial for this chain describing their fabulous full kitchens. We were at the end of a long road trip and this was to be a welcome spot to rest, cook and go home. It was NOTHING like their commercial portrayed.
The room reeked of cigarette smoke, even though it was supposedly a non-smoking facility. It had been recently smoked in and not for just one night.
The room smelled so bad, we had to keep the air conditioning on. This conditioner was defective to the point that we had to set it at 60 even to blow, and the room still smelled and stayed too hot as well.
The bathroom towels had hair and smoke smell on them.
The kitchen was missing pans, spoons, a dishwasher, and a spatula.
The laundry room was out of soap, and when I asked the attendant for quarters for the laundry, she didn't tell me it was out of soap.
The room had a king bed and a 'sofa sleeper'. This I knew. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think that should mean a double size sleeper. It was a twin size. Thank goodness we could put our youngest in the king bed with us.
When I spoke with the reservation agent, he knew I had four people in my room, why did he not mention that this room would not sufficiently sleep my family!?
Theer was not an ice maker at this hotel, you have to make your own ice in the freezer...a fact not mentioned to me until I needed it.
I couldn't make breakfast in my room because of the absence of pans, so I went down to the lobby to check out the 'grab n go' breakfast.
Now I wasn't expecting the IHOP, but sitting on a sorry little 2 foot by 4 foot table were granola bars, coffee, and disgusting looking fruit. Compared to several competing chain hotels that we had stayed in over the last several days - this was a snack at best. A sad excuse for a breakfast.
I will not be recommending this hotel or chain of hotels to anyone.
I had to give it a 1 rating because you can't give it a 0!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank H B
Post Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week recently. I like this place. It is very accessible whether you are going to Seattle, or anywhere else. The rooms are nice. The beds are comfortable. The showers have good water pressure. The rooms have kitchens, with all the plates, pans, utensils, toaster, coffee pot. It was very reasonably priced. They have a lot of parking, with real sized spots, which if you have ever been to Seattle, you know that most places have small parking spots. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PSinternational
Union City, California
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was staying at Extended Stay America Seattle - Bellevue - Factoria on 6/21-6/23/2014 for a family trip. I booked I use a discount code for the stay, well...I got a good deal, so I am happy with it at the time. When I check-in I noticed they still charge me the regular rate, so I asked the front desk. She said she usually do the refund when customer check-out. OKay! so I was fine. later days when I checked on my bank account, and found out the money didn't refund, so I called the hotel. blah blah blah... as it today, no money refund and no one answer my email and voice massage..Manager always not in the office.I will never go to that hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank WangI123
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Factoria, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that you had such a hard time getting your refund. To prevent this from happening again, we are retraining our team on how to properly apply promotional discounts. Also, upon reviewing your receipt, your refund has been posted, which mean you should be seeing it in your account soon.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at blv@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Albany, Oregon
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

These kind of places are geared towards business people staying long term . So you get once a week cleaning service, no ice machine etc... Don't judge these places like you would a full service hotel. It is updated, great location, very noisy in the morning like many have said. They build these places with zero insulation/ sound deading. I got a great bargain for this them for year on PL. I was very happy with the stay. If your trying to sleep in good luck. Clean and current with updates. I've stayed in another one before and this was much smaller rooms. Staff indifferent and after hours they are not equipped to deal with anything . I didn't have any issues but when when checking in I heard a conversation and they can't deal with anything at all and they aren't very friendly or outgoing. I would ditsy again if the price is right. Towels are soft, pillows nice but blanket and bedding not very good.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Bellevue - Factoria, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and found your room to be clean; however, we are sorry to read that our staff did not provide you with superior service. We will be working with all of our staff to ensure that we are providing every guest with the quality service that they deserve.

Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 20 June 2014

So I stayed at the Factoria extended stay about two weeks ago and would like to make a very big complaint about their staff.

I forgot and left an important item back at the room that I was staying in. It was a make-up box, to you that may mean nothing, but to me, as with any other girl, it means the world to us. The box cost me over $50 and the makeup and supplies cost me over $400...

I want it back and I know for a fact I left it in the room but talking with numerous employees and finally... the "manager" has left me with nothing. She told me at first glance over that the room was cleaned out with nothing found in it.. I asked to double check with the housekeeper, she said she'd call back but it's been a few days, but no luck, I haven't HEARD back from her.

WOW what a shocker. You know, I just want what is mine back and I know that the housekeeper was the last person to clean/check it. It doesn't seem at all fair to me that you accidentally leave something behind and boom by somehow it just disappears..?

On a side note- My boyfriend and I have been staying at extended stay hotels around the Seattle area for about 4 months since March, while we've been looking for a permanent residency. We've paid over $3,500 for our stay at these hotels... and honestly with what happened, I probably will never stay at your hotels again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple