“Clean, modern, and comfortable”

Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Redmond
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I came to this hotel due my power being out in Maple Valley during the snow storm. I picked it out of many Bellevue hotels due to rate and because it was a Mariott. I've stayed at Mariott's in the past and know what to expect-clean, comfortable, modern/updated and good amenties (free internet, parking) at a good rate. We enjoyed the large pool, hot tub under the glass windows (pretty view on a snowy day) and workout room. It was a bit tricky to find since the address is exactly the same as a house in the 98004 zip code and Google pointed me there first. It's a bit outside of Bellevue-it's really the border of Bellevue/Redmond (closer to Microsoft). My 13 and 2 year old had enough room to move about. I had ample space to work. It was quiet but could have been because you had to have AWD to access due to the amount of snow out front.

Room Tip: If oyu want peace and quiet, get a room away form the swimming pool. The doors slam shut.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 January 2012

Stayed here for a week in January. Check in was nice and fast, which I appreciate, as many hotels take ages with filling out forms etc. I was staying in the hotel as I was on business travel, and it was nice and convenient for my journey to work. I do think it is off the beaten track slightly, but there are lots of restaurants, a department store and large grocery store about 15 minutes walk. I ate at the lobby almost every night, and the staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming, and easy to chat with. The food was delicious, I was genuinely surprised by this! The lobby is very modern and a great place to hang out. The rooms were fine, bed was comfortable, and really, all I wanted to do was sleep and shower, so it was perfect for my needs. You can sometimes hear people in the hall way on the way to their rooms, but its not a big deal. The room was always very clean when I returned in the evenings. I found the swimming pool a great extra amenity which I used on a nightly basis. Overall, I found this a great stay, have stayed in other hotels in Seattle, and this one definitely tops them.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2012

The first time I visited Bellevue I stayed here. The location is ok if you don't want to get out much but I would rather be in walking distance of some shops, bars, etc. The rooms are clean and up to date. No real complaints if location isn't important. For what it is worth, I stayed at another courtyard on my second trip and I don't regret it.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2011

The hotel is beautiful remodeled and updated. But I am sensitive to noise. The hotel is aware of the problem, there were a pair of earplugs by the bed as a gift to guests. But even with that I was woken up by my neighbor when he used the phone to make international calls. In addition the window style heating/cooling systems made a constant hum even when mine was off.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

The towels were not very fluffy or soft. Bed was firm but not plush.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2011

This hotel was fabulous for my purposes (two night business trip). The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and spacious. The food was good. Lot of amenities like a pool/hot tub, gym, laundry, etc as well as a great lobby area. Very comfortable for hanging out in the evening, having a drink, watching the game and/or doing work. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Ella B
Reviewed 20 November 2011

When I checked in for a 4 night stay for a conference, nothing seemed too out of the ordinary. However I noticed they had placed a set of complimentary ear plugs on the night stand to help get a good nights rest (as the hotel note card stated). This was a first for me at a hotel.

Later that night I fully understood why, as I could hear people stomping down stairs, doors closing, a neighboring room's TV blaring, and the excessively loud AC unit in the room starting up (think a V8 muscle car starting its engine) all through the night. Finally in the middle of the night I caved and used the ear plugs, which helped quite a bit.

The shower towels provided are also very thin and rough, quite possibly the worst hotel towels I've ever used.

Other than those 2 items, the hotel is pretty average to slightly above average.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Bel_Red_Coordinator, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Redmond, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We place ear plugs in the room to help ensure our guests sleep well because we know the value of a good night's rest. Also, we are currently in the process of replacing our towels with thicker, softer towels from a different brand.

Thank you for staying with us and It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 3 November 2011

The purpose of my visit as to take my elderly parents to the Seattle area to see all their relatives. Since they do not travel well, we had all the relatives and friends come to the hotel. The staff went way beyond what was expected when it came to customer service. We were able to use the huge lobby area during the time the cafe was closed. (11 to 5).and the staff even said we could use it when it was opened. The staff opened wine for us and provided glasses without a fee. Every person working in the lobby cafe was very friendly and made all our guests comfortable. The huge lobby and courtyard was perfect for our gathering. Rooms were very quiet and beds were comfortable. We had breakfast provided in our package, and the food was cooked to order and was great. Dinner selection at cafe was good and food was good. My parents handicap room was set up perfectly and by request we did get a roll in shower. Would definately stay at this property again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family