“Unimpressed”

Palomino - Bellevue
Reserve with OpenTable
Palomino - Bellevue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #105 of 580 Restaurants in Bellevue
Price range: US$31 - US$60
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: NE 8th and Bellevue Way
Transit: Bellevue Transit Center is located 3 blocks East of Lincoln Square, with many other stops located near Bellevue Square/Bellevue Place/Lincoln Square.
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I suspect this place (as well as the downtown Seattle location) bustles because of location. Location and service is probably the best thing I can say about this place. The food is another story. Also I would suggest the waitstaff immediately note the specials, if there are any, as well as unavailable items. These actions would greatly aid in our decision-making. Otherwise if an item is "out" then you waste everyone's time by having to look at the menu, again, to make another selection. As for the food, the ragu has meat, a fact not noted in the description. For non-meat eaters, this is a critical piece of information. Also it was very salty, ick! The artichoke dip was another very salty dish. Another person in our group had the prawns with capellini, a very uninspired dish because the pasta was only lukewarm. Her bread was laying on top of the pasta which was soaked and thus soggy. Someone else had pizza, cut in very weird slices but was also cooled off. Because we all decided the overall experience was not excellent, we decided to get dessert across the street. I could dismiss most of these miscues, except for the last action of the evening: when the bill arrived, it included a "gift" which is actually the tip. I will always leave some sort of tip, even if the service was terrible. However I prefer to make my own determination and not have an amount listed already. Having a suggested amount really irritates me. Overall I am unimpressed with this chain and will not come back.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I came for happy hour once which was not bad. The happy hour menu is more worthwhile than their regular menu. The cocktails served is a little much on the soda side. However, I came here for a group lunch later and was quite disappointed with the service. It was really not that busy, but the service was slow and they messed up with one of our coworkers' order. The waitress, for some reason, did not even bother to take a few more steps to bring the plate in front of me, but rather handed it over to me across the table. It was a heavy and hot plate! What's more, they even charged for bread! And the bread is not that spectacular either! Food itself is average, but definitely over priced!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I was here with 2 co-workers (our first time since we were in Bellevue for a conference) for dinner. We walked in around 6pm (just missed Happy Hour) - crowded but we go a table in the bar area. It's definitely noisy in the restaurant but cool atmosphere - love the fresh herbs growing in pots. Our waitress was nice (but hard to find her when we wanted to leave).

We each enjoyed our drinks and dinners! I had the paella (see photo below) which was super tasty & flavorful (loved the presentation) and my co-workers each had an Italian noodle dish. They said the food was good but wished bread came with their meal.

If we could, we would have liked to come back and try their Happy Hour.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

The service was good; but the food was average at best. The parmesan crusted sole was very oily. The pita was cooked stiff. The pizza was very uninspired and the pieces were cut into very odd, random shapes. Overall, I wouldn't return here; it's nothing like what it used to be. Very disappointing.

Schuyler A, Manager at Palomino - Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves in rustic, local, and fresh ingredients in our chef inspired dishes and we will review the Parmesan sole and the pita bread to ensure that it is always prepared as our chef desires. If you have another opportunity to dine with us please as for a manager so we can ensure that your dining experience surpasses your expectations.

Daniel Wilkins

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was a 2nd choice for dinner with friends after our 1st choice "lost" our reservation. We were able to basically walk in with 6 people on a Friday evening.
The service was good except that one person's pizza order took forever after the rest of us had our food. The staff kept apologizing but still charged us for the pizza and didn't comp anything; I thought they should have.
Other entrees were average, except the portabello "fries" were fabulous.
We visited a long time with our friends and did not feel rushed to leave.
I'd give them another chance if I lived in the area.