“Do not stay here!”

Hotel 116, a Coast Hotel Bellevue
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I am a frequent traveler, spend several nights per months in hotels and the Coast Bellevue Hotel is about the worst that I have seen. Let's not go into small stuff like the restaurant's kitchen closing earlier than supposed to (they say it's 11 pm but they close earlier), the shower designed for people shorter than six feet or the rusty clothing hangers; the real problem with this hotel is that it's HARD TO SLEEP at night! Walls are seemingly made from something along the lines of cardboard so you can hear guests in the rooms next door cough and snore! Now guess how much you hear when people around you are having showers or anything that has to do with water... the waterfall-like noise can wake you up. To make matters worse they dare to put vending machines RIGHT NEXT to rooms... forget about a dedicated room with proper noise isolation like any normal hotel would have. And I have to add that this room I have was an 'upgrade' after asking to change my room as they gave me one that was right next to the highway: imagine a room where you feel you're sleeping outdoors right next to the highway, that's how it felt. It's almost 1 am right now and guess why is it that I can't sleep...

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank romeoc7799
JLigaya, Manager at Hotel 116, a Coast Hotel Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for your review on both Yelp and TripAdvisor. I apologize that you weren't pleased with our accommodations. We strive to exceed guest expectations, and it is apparent that the mark was missed on this occasion. We will make a note of your review so we can improve. Thank you again.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

If you are getting a great bargain, which is tough in this area, then go ahead. It's not a great place. There are a few fundamentals I expect in hotels. First of all, they have to actually give you a room for the night when you pay for it.

For the first time in my entire traveling career, I turned up at this hotel and was walked. They said something like " oh, someone didn't leave". Why is your poor room management now my problem? "Oh but we got you a room at a local hotel". Not what I wanted. Nothing makes you feel less valued than having to schlep your way back put into the car park carrying your bags, clutching a print out of a google map to show you where to go.

I need to say that they did book me a room elsewhere. But then I had to get the other hotel to phone back to the Coast to confirm that they were picking up the tab for the parking, which at the Coast is free but at the new place they wanted me to pay. When I got to my new hotel room and realized that the wifi was not free, I couldn't face the negotiation again and just went to Starbucks and used their free wifi.

And for all the inconvenience and hassle I got..... Nothing.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Traveler2504
JLigaya, Manager at Hotel 116, a Coast Hotel Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We apologize that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion. We will share your review with our team and assess how we can make improvements going forward.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed here for one night with my husband and 2 small children. We are not picky, we don't mind outdated fixtures in any place we stay, as long as it's clean. Well, this was NOT. The lobby area is redone but not well maintained. The elevator had what looked like throw up splattered on the doors, and the stainless steel had not been maintained (streaky, looked like it is just wiped with a dirty cloth). When we got to our room, I went to plug in my laptop and noticed more splatter- this time old coffee all down the wall. I moved the dresser a bit to use the outlet-it hadn't been cleaned back there in a long time. Stains on the curtains and dirt/crumbs on floor behind the curtains. That was it- I've never asked to switch rooms before, but this time I did. Took some pics with my iPad and went down to talk to front desk. Staff member could not have cared less what I showed and described. She treated me like an inconvenience with no apology or explanation. Tried a couple rooms and decided to stick with the third one I looked at. It at least smelled a little better.

My impression would have been more favourable if the staff would have been more accommodating and pleasant about this situation. All the staff I ran into looked sloppy- uniforms not buttoned, hair not done, etc.

We travel quite often and love to give credit where credit is due. My experiences in Bellevue had been pleasant up to this trip. Would not recommend this hotel and would recommend that staff become better trained.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jonelle M

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to read that your stay was less than satisfactory. We always strive to exceed our guests' expectations, and apologize for missing the mark on this occasion. We appreciate your feedback, and hope to serve you again in hopes of renewing your feelings regarding our hotel.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

The general consensus of the reviews here are NOT wrong. I stay with Coast Hotels on a regular basis and had certain expectations and did not read the reviews here before booking. If you can afford a few bucks more, then look elsewhere. This is unfortunate because the staff here deserve better.

Pros:
1. Inexpensive
2. Good Bellevue location (onto 4th to get to Downtown Bellevue), excellent highway access onto 405 (and then onto I90 to get into Seattle)
3. Excellent staff (any complaints were addressed quickly)
4. Free parking, free internet (wired and wireless) and free cold but uninspired breakfast

Cons:
1. Tub had hair from previous guest
2. Tub drain clogged in 2 of our 3 rooms (work order submitted and completed the same morning so service was responsive). This is a common complaint in all the reviews and yet they still have this issue!
3. Two rooms smelled stale
4. Walls are thin - voices and sounds carry
5. Bath light/fan would turn on by itself throughout the night
6. Beds are soft/worn and too springy.
7. The hotel is tired. New bedding and furniture (especially in the restaurant) are needed.

Check out the guest pics to get an accurate indication of the age, décor and quality of the hotel. Cheers!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. Though it is not the caliber of review we enjoy receiving, we appreciate your candid feedback regarding your stay. We apologize that we missed the mark on this occasion. We will certainly be addressing your review with our team. We hope you will return so we may have the opportunity to restore your affinity for Coast Bellevue Hotel!

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Found the room to be clean with sparkling white bed linens & I slept very well on the soft pillow top bed. The tub/shower did have slow draining issues but overall good value & good location to Seattle.

Room Tip: Select top floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
JLigaya, Manager at Hotel 116, a Coast Hotel Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed our hotel and found our beds comfortable. We understand that a comfortable bed is an important feature for a property, so that means a lot to us! Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

The room is decent, bed is very soft, so soft the slightest of movement will wake your partner. Mini fridge is a plus, microwave is on the second floor nevertheless still available. Big plus, complimentary ride within Bellevue, we get at least a free ride everyday out of the 6 days we stayed there. If you think Microsoft is within Bellevue city limit wrong! They don't take you there, we had to take the bus. Breakfast is good, standard pastry cereal bread fruits and yoghurt with beverages like juice, milk, tea or coffee. Seattle is just too overprice and Bellevue is way more affordable. We didn't have a car so we had to use public transportation, crossing the free way to get to the hotel can get nerve wrecking during rush hour, justglad my 15 month old wasn't with us when I already had a 73 year old traveling with us. I will use this hotel again for the price and convenience. But if you can afford to pay more, find hotels on the other side of the freeway where downtown Bellevue is.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for the great feedback. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our central location and complimentary transportation. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations, and are happy we fit the bill for you.

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

The rooms are large, look clean, but have a funny smell. The decor in the rooms and restaurant hasn't changed since the mid 80's.
Although the continental breakfast was well stocked and the bagels were fresh, the chairs were thread bare.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for providing us with a review! We are so pleased to read you found our guest rooms both large and clean and enjoyed our breakfast. We appreciate your suggestions about our restaurant décor. We will share your notes with our team to be used in future planning. We look forward to your next visit!