“Stay for the location but not the quality of sleep”

Hotel 116, a Coast Hotel Bellevue
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Washington
“Stay for the location but not the quality of sleep”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed here quite a few years ago, from Priceline.com bidding wins. This weekend is no different. ~$70 per night x 2 (including all fees and taxes), quite a bit of savings from the web rate. During check in staff was very friendly.

The room we got was a king size bed room on the 3rd flooring facing south, away from the freeway. We thought that would reduce the traffic noise. Not the case. You can hear every truck that passes through. What is worse, the room had a connecting door to the next room. You can practically hear every conversation, noise, toilet flushing.

Location is excellent, just off the 8th Street exit. Easy on and off. Close to all major restaurants, shopping, wine store, gas station, Bellevue Square. Can't beat it. The complimentarty continental breakfast is nothing to write home about.

This supports the old saying: do you want it cheap or want it good? You can't have both.

Room was super clean. No complaints.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Brown_Samantha
Janina L, Manager at Hotel 116, a Coast Hotel Bellevue, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I’m sorry to hear that our rooms and service did not exceed your expectations. I will take your feedback and forward it to the proper staff members so we can improve.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Oakland, California
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is not very nice. The rooms was clean. The bathroom was old with hair (not mine) on the floor and I could hear the guy in the next room moving in bed. i also had a powerful light outside my room that was used to illuminate a central courtyard

I was given a room that was already occupied. Got to the door and could hear people in the room. So, I go a room in the newer wing of the hotel. I am afraid to ask what the old rooms are like

I was scheduled to stay 2 nights but checked out early.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank cabjr
Janina L, Manager at Hotel 116, a Coast Hotel Bellevue, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for your unsatisfactory experience. I will share your comments with the appropriate personnel so we can provide guests with a better stay.

Travellers are raving about these Bellevue hotels

San Diego, California
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We got crammed into smaller beds as we didn't arrive early enough in the day to actually get the room types we had reserved. The double beds were small and uncomfortable and you couldn't sit on the edges as there was no support on the frame. The staff suggested switching rooms the next day, but didn't hold the room type yet again so I could do so. This was the last strike on this property, and will sadly be looking at other accommodations for the next work trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels

1 Thank Andrew M
I appreciate the fact that you took the time to leave a review. I am disappointed to hear that our staff did not meet your expectations and our beds were not comfortable for you. I will be forwarding these details to the proper staff members to improve our experience.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2014

LOVE THE STAFF working here... they made my work trips so much better. It was wonderful to see the same faces 3 - 4 times a year. They were helpful, kind and resourceful.

I was frustrated with being put in very different room locations Given I traveled several times a year, I would have like the same room area - instead I was on different floors, facing different ways, etc etc. It bothered me. After my first visit, I asked for quiet and facing the courtyard - and it was always a 'negotiation' each time I arrived.... something about computer assigned rooms? sigh.

I dont believe the pool was open once when I visited - not sure I would have used it, but I dislike when things aren't working.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank divechka
Thank you for being a loyal guest. Your feedback is extremely important to us. I apologize for the issues you experienced and will share your comments with the rest of our team so we can improve. I hope your travels bring you back our way again soon, our pool is now open for the summer!
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I have noticed a few reviews on here about the dated carpet/furniture in the suites. I was happy to find that those have since been replaced. Wonderfully updated with new tv, furniture and carpet. Now the rooms match the beautiful lobby. Great location for the hospital and downtown Bellevue without getting way to expensive. The staff is friendly and helpful. The food is affordable with good selection. Whole foods across the street is a BIG plus. I give it excellent based on the value/price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Loa425
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are indeed proud of the updates we’ve made to our suites and I’m more than happy that you enjoyed them. Our staff will be glad to hear this. We hope you will stay with us again in the near future.
Colorado
Reviewed 6 March 2014

With business in the Bellevue area, the Coast Hotel Bellevue has a very handy location. Front desk staff was quite nice, and checkin was very easy - they even let me check in a few hours earlier than normal checkin time. The room was fine (oddly enough, a rather old television set - could use some updating). They had a free breakfast in their restaurant which was nice. Parking is free. There is plenty nearby, including Whole Foods which is within very short walking distance.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PaulTheTravelGuy
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our amenities and service. We hope to see you again soon!
Moscow, Idaho
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Location was fine. However we were put in the outside annex of the hotel next to a covered pool. More like a motel than a hotel as there was direct access to parking lot and no secure entrance. There was no discount for these rooms, prices inline with the rooms inside. The rest of the hotel was fine, clean and they offered a wine hour which we did not go however drinks in the friendly bar after meetings was fine. Good service. Suggestion would be to secure an inside room if traveling by yourself.

Room Tip: Inside room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Janina L, Manager at Hotel 116, a Coast Hotel Bellevue, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for providing a review. I apologize that some aspects of your stay were unsatisfactory. My team and I appreciate your feedback as we continue to improve the experience we provide our guests. I appreciate your compliments regarding Eastside Bar & Grill and hope your travels bring you back our way again soon.