“Please stay away and save yourself”

Hotel 116, a Coast Hotel Bellevue
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
sd
“Please stay away and save yourself”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The hotel is very very outdated and rooms had dirty linen on the beds. This place was not worth living at all. Please do yourself and your family a favor and stay away before it is too late and rainy in Seattle.

Room Tip: The hotel is very very outdated and rooms had dirty linen on the beds. This place was not worth livi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels

Janina L, Manager at Hotel 116, a Coast Hotel Bellevue, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
We appreciate your honest review. We apologize we missed the mark on this occasion. We will certainly take your comments and use them for future improvements.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Tacoma, Washington, USA
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I travel the world and am very familiar with the star rating. I generally like to stay in 4-5 star hotels, especially if I am on a vacation. I booked this hotel on the basis of my daughter's recommendation as being very convenient to the Meydenbauer convention Center and a nice hotel for the money. I was not terribly impressed with the parking as I had all of a foot before my car door would have put a big dent in a nice red Ferrari. I seriously could not figure out after I stepped into the lobby why someone who could afford to drive a Ferrari, would stay at such a hotel unless it was prom week and the kid somehow rented the car to impress his date. As I walked away from the fragrance of the reception area, I would not really call it a lobby, the property started to take on a rather dank smell. The elevators might be classified as industrial. The hallways were warn and smelly. I opened the door to my room and got the same impression that Derek F. got of the place. This is a remodeled Motel 6 and the restaurant was remodeled to a "bar and grill" when the Denny's felt it was too old of a space for them and they moved next door about 20 years ago. The sink was outside the standard 5' x 6' bathroom with the standard scratchy white towels that I used to find in Motel 6 30 years ago. The wallpaper was peeling off at the top and bottom at least two inches in each direction exposing the cement block walls. and was vintage 1970's. The bed was comfortable enough though I asked for a king and got two queens. Not a big deal since it was just me. The walls are thin and the place is just a little noisy. The staff was pleasant enough. I must say that I may be a little spoiled at getting an amazing 5* hotel in most countries in Asia for $55-$125 and then going 40 miles from my home to the upscale community of Bellevue, WA to find a hotel described as 3* for a special price of $135 a night with tax and be so disappointed in the quality. The "upgraded" continental breakfast was not upgraded, but for continental, it was fine and quick. All in all, I would rate this hotel an older solid 2*. I am sure I could have found a nicer, newer cleaner 2* just a little further away for less and just paid for the parking right at the convention center and saved a little money.

Room Tip: ask for one on the inner courtyard, up a couple of floors. It will be quieter
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your candid, in-depth review. I am disheartened to hear that our establishment did not exceed your expectations. We will take your feedback regarding our rooms and property and use it as we make improvements to our property.

Travellers are raving about these Bellevue hotels

portland
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Our stay was horrible from the start. our group had a few rooms and it was a unpleasant stay until we meet a housekeeper by the name sundae . When we called to book another stay hoping to get our friendly house keeper we where told she didn't work their anymore .after getting some information out of front desk we were told she was let go for a silly reason. We will not stay at this hotel ever again.

Sundae was as sweet as her name. Best housekeeper ever. Sally..

• Stayed February 2014
Thanks for your review. It’s disappointing to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We wish we were alerted to the issues you were experiencing during your stay so we could have rectified the situation. Our goal is always to exceed our guests’ expectations, and provide a wonderful stay.
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Clean and comfortable. We would have liked to have more fresh fruit and some protein choices at breakfast. We found it very easy to get to and our check in was quick.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels

Janina L, Manager at Hotel 116, a Coast Hotel Bellevue, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. I am pleased you found your stay enjoyable and our accommodations to be a good value. I will share your suggestions regarding our breakfast with the rest of our team!
Tigard, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Place is absolutely terrible. Rooms smell of smoke and mold. If I could locate another hotel with a vacancy I would be gone in a second. I would be thankful for a motel 6 right now as it would feel like a 5 star resort.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Derik F
Delta, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel was a great deal with breakfast and very close to downtown. Seattle. The staff were excellent and it was very clean with a TORC OIL & GAS LTD (TOG) 14.04 14.10 14.10 0.07 2,107 09:37

. Nothing else to say

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Otis56
Thank you for your kind words. I am glad to hear our staff and rooms provided you with a great experience. I hope you will stay with us again soon.
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

For the price the hotel was just right. Room was on the first floor so little to no outside sound issues. The bed was just right. Bathroom was dated. Location was perfect. Free breakfast had no protein and we had to eat at the Denny's next door. I thought the staff was friendly enough but they did not seem to know the surrounding area especially for restaurant suggestions.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bluedog1310
Thank you for leaving feedback. We are constantly working to better our experience and will implement your suggestions where possible.