“Great location but needs consistency”

Silver Cloud Hotel Bellevue - Eastgate
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I'm on a mission to stay at all the hotels in Bellevue as I visit Bellevue at least 60 days a year. Stayed here for a night and pleasantly surprised with the hotel. Usually my go to hotel in Bellevue is either Sheraton or Hilton as their rates are reasonable and they provide very consistent services. Here are pros and cons:

Pros:
Great location (literally right off I-90)
Good restaurant on the hotel (Nine One Restaurant)
Clean room and bathroom. Nice decor. Wall mounted TV. Refrigerator, a micro wave (yes, micro wave)
Coffee maker in the room.
Reasonable rate
Free parking. (you have to tell the front desk that you have a car) and garage parking

Cons:
Room was noisy as it was partially facing I-90
Inconsistent staff

When I was checking in the late evening, the front desk staff was friendly. There was a line but the staff acknowledged me and was very professional. But when I was checking out in the morning, the front desk staff was not happy to be there (seems like it). There was no line and when I approached the front desk and said "Good Morning", they didn't even respond back. I told them that I was checking out and wanted to returned the key, but no answer from them. So I left my key on the front desk and just left. They didn't even say anything and didn't even offer my receipt. It was very strange as they seemed like that they didn't want to be there but was forced to stay behind the front desk.

Silver Cloud is a good alternative to Sheraton or Hilton but needs to work on their staff training.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing I-90 as the rooms facing the highway can be very noisy
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Samuel H
hotel-manager041, General Manager at Silver Cloud Hotel Bellevue - Eastgate, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such great feedback regarding your recent stay. This really helps us focus on areas that we are falling short and could use additional training. We really pride ourselves on our friendly staff and so this is very disappointing to hear. This will be a major topic at our next front desk meeting. This is a great example of how their actions or lack and or lack of friendliness can be perceived by our guests. A little interaction and acknowledgement of you checking out would have made a much better lasting impression as you departed.
I would like to extend a personal apology on behalf of the hotel and invite you to contact me so that I might be able to do so either by phone or in person on your next visit to Bellevue. I hope that on your mission, that you will give us another try.

Again, my sincere apologies!

Patti Hanson

There are newer reviews for Silver Cloud Hotel Bellevue - Eastgate

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We booked 4 rooms at this hotel during a family celebration. Upon check-in we were told the rooms were not all ready and in fact, without mentioning it, they had downgraded one of our rooms. When this became apparent, I insisted that they honor our original reservation. I was told that a long term visitor stayed beyond his plans and had our room. Sorry, but that is his problem and the hotel's, not ours. It is the hotel's job to tell the other patron that the room is not available after x date and that he will have to move. Anyway, in the end we came up with a compromise (my idea) and they accommodated it, but it was not a good start. Once we finally checked in, everything went well. The room was clean and nicely laid out, lots of towels, pillows, in room fridge, etc. We had breakfast a couple of mornings at the Nine O Restaurant and it was very good. Free WIFI and parking. Very good. Convenience to family in Bellevue - very good. In room safe - very good. Only one problem beyond the check-in: NO AIRPORT SHUTTLE - very inconvenient. If we hadn't had the room mess-up, I'd have given it a better rating.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I am happy to have found this place. It's close to my work. Not in a downtown kind of area. It's next to the highway but the traffic noise is like white noise at night. The gym is decent. I think the location is good enough to run outside. Food is great.
All in all it's a great place to stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gg_sophia
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We have stayed here several times. It is a new hotel and has a good location to access downtown Seattle on I-90 or enjoy the many fine restaurants in Bellevue. It is clean, the staff friendly beds comfortable and helpful and has a nice restaarant , Nine O on site. We recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I stayed here for one night with two friends and we were very happy. It was quiet, clean and the staff was very friendly. I had breakfast in their restaurant and the eggs benedict was delicious. We were really just using this a home base while we were visiting friends in Seattle and it was everything we had hoped for.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank buddyroopdx
Reviewed 21 January 2014

What a lovely hotel!!

We pricelined this so we got a great deal but I was a little apprehensive as it's right off the freeway. We were on the freeway side and couldn't hear anything. Our king room was spacious and SO CLEAN.

The bed was a bit firm for me, but it was a nice comfortable bed.

The big added bonus for this hotel was the free underground, gated parking.

I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KeriW
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel for Black Friday shopping. It was a Priceline deal.
The service at check in was great the gentalman at the desk offered me a free upgrade to a jaccuzzi suite which was really large and a great treat! The room was really clean, the hotel overall was clean, Its has a secure underground parking lot which was nice as we had lots of stuff in our vehicle. Overall I would stay at this place and for the price it defintily worth 5 stars.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to the jaccuzzi suite :)
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple