“Great Hotel in Bellevue”

Silver Cloud Hotel Bellevue - Eastgate
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Nice Hotel conveniently located a bit outside Bellevue center. Parking is easy and rooms are big and provide every comfort to be expected. Reception is friendly and helpful. The reception operates a small store where drinks, snacks and small things like toiletry articles can be bought. Next to the reception there is a small office center with printer and computer and free coffee. Their Bar/Restaurant Nine'O is good as well. Watch out for happy hour which is twice a day. They have a complementary shuttle service within Bellevue but you should ask for operating hours since it doesn't run all day. There is no airport pickup offered by the hotel itself but they have a driver who can be ordered separately. Ask for Daniel and time and location can be arranged easily. I would recommend because sometimes cab drivers from the airport have trouble to find the address (and difficulties using a sat nav ...) or confuse the hotel since there are more Silver Cloud Inns in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Christian S
There are newer reviews for Silver Cloud Hotel Bellevue - Eastgate

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Silver Cloud Hotel at Eastgate Bellevue is a good gem that has easy access to the highways and the facility offers attentive staff, a full-size restaurant, relatively spacious rooms at reasonable price.

Room Tip: We booked this online and it gave the best price and value.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Steven W
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Went to Bellevue for a wedding and stayed 2 nights here.. My wife and I thought the room was very nice and a great value for the money. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and
courteous. We ate in their restaurant and the food was great. The portions were so large that
my wife and I split a breakfast and were both full.The location is very convenient with freeway access but the rooms are so quiet we had no noise from traffic.We loved it will stay there the next time we are in Bellevue.

Room Tip: Go for a suite. They have 2 bathrooms so my wife & I each had our own. Always stay on as high a...
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I just finished a stay at this hotel, and was pleasantly surprised by my experience. We got a great deal compared to some other hotels in the area, and pretty much everything met or exceeded my expectations. Our king room was clean, and up-to-date, and quite spacious. The staff was competent, and universally friendly.

My wife is bothered by noise when sleeping, and so I was wondering how the noise would be so close to the highway. But the windows seemed to seal well, and there was very little, if any noise that came through.

I feel like I have pretty high expectations, and some would even say I'm picky...so here are the things that were annoying to me:
1) The in-room coffee was pretty poor quality.
2) The elevator's "close door" button was quite delayed before it actually would close the door (although otherwise they were very fast).
Wow..."first world" hotel problems, huh? Seriously, that's all I got. Good job Silver Cloud Hotel!

1  Thank Scott B
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed here recently, and was pleasantly surprised by the spaciousness of hotel room. Room was very clean, and comfortable with lots of nice amenities (fridge/microwave/ separate dressing area). The hotel staff was polite, courteous, and very accommodating at check-in. Making sure all my special requests were met, even giving me extra toiletries that I forgot to pack. Evening cocktail hour offered delicious appetizers(pizza, etc.) for $5 and HH drink prices. Food was delicious at dinner and breakfast.

I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay again when in Bellevue. It is a close drive to Snoqualmie Falls, Issaquah, T-Mobile, and other touristy destinations with easy access on/off I-90 and 405.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank moongawdez
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We booked this through hotwire and was very pleased with the property. Staff were very friendly and helpful. When they found it was my birthday, they upgraded us to a suite.

Pro: It was very quiet, clean and parking was free.

Cons: The location is away from the center of Bellevue and therefore you need to take freeways to get to the main area. It was a little difficult to get the location since it is near where two freeways intersect.

I think we will stay closer to the main area so we can walk rather than drive the freeway to shopping and restaurants. It that does not bother you than this is the place to stay.

1  Thank justravel
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I'm on a mission to stay at all the hotels in Bellevue as I visit Bellevue at least 60 days a year. Stayed here for a night and pleasantly surprised with the hotel. Usually my go to hotel in Bellevue is either Sheraton or Hilton as their rates are reasonable and they provide very consistent services. Here are pros and cons:

Pros:
Great location (literally right off I-90)
Good restaurant on the hotel (Nine One Restaurant)
Clean room and bathroom. Nice decor. Wall mounted TV. Refrigerator, a micro wave (yes, micro wave)
Coffee maker in the room.
Reasonable rate
Free parking. (you have to tell the front desk that you have a car) and garage parking

Cons:
Room was noisy as it was partially facing I-90
Inconsistent staff

When I was checking in the late evening, the front desk staff was friendly. There was a line but the staff acknowledged me and was very professional. But when I was checking out in the morning, the front desk staff was not happy to be there (seems like it). There was no line and when I approached the front desk and said "Good Morning", they didn't even respond back. I told them that I was checking out and wanted to returned the key, but no answer from them. So I left my key on the front desk and just left. They didn't even say anything and didn't even offer my receipt. It was very strange as they seemed like that they didn't want to be there but was forced to stay behind the front desk.

Silver Cloud is a good alternative to Sheraton or Hilton but needs to work on their staff training.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing I-90 as the rooms facing the highway can be very noisy
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Samuel H
hotel-manager041, General Manager at Silver Cloud Hotel Bellevue - Eastgate, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such great feedback regarding your recent stay. This really helps us focus on areas that we are falling short and could use additional training. We really pride ourselves on our friendly staff and so this is very disappointing to hear. This will be a major topic at our next front desk meeting. This is a great example of how their actions or lack and or lack of friendliness can be perceived by our guests. A little interaction and acknowledgement of you checking out would have made a much better lasting impression as you departed.
I would like to extend a personal apology on behalf of the hotel and invite you to contact me so that I might be able to do so either by phone or in person on your next visit to Bellevue. I hope that on your mission, that you will give us another try.

Again, my sincere apologies!

Patti Hanson