“Good value but little short”

Larkspur Landing Bellevue
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I just stayed one night for my short trip. They offered a very good rate and I stayed at one of the studio suites .

Pros
- Rooms are quite spacious with huge kitchen. It even has a dishwasher.
- Good size of desk - perfect for work station.
- Lots of amenities: free use of computers with internet, Coffee and tea stations for 24 hours, free breakfast, gym, hot tub, laundry rooms etc.
- Big screen TV.
- Covered parking
- Front desk staff was very friendly.

Cons
- The fridge and heater are quite noisy at night.
- Bed sheets were not clean. They had some stains on them.
- I didn't see any fan in the washrooms.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank p0rkbelly
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2016

Dear Traveler,

I apologize for the late response, I was not the GM at the time of this posting ut thought I would review the responded and submit a reply.

Thank you for your brief review and commentary, we have undergone several changes including ownership and management. There are now firm plans to make improvements during the 2017 year.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

The amenities of this hotel are so numerous, I don't even know how to list them. It is a hotel that has all of the perks of being home. The rooms were well outfitted, comfortable, quiet and the staff was very friendly. I've stayed here twice and have never been disappointed. The workout room and laundry room make this a 'must stay' for me. Great location also.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Great little gem! Loved the cookies at front desk, large kitchenette, very good continental breakfast and computer area, nice workout area, basket of FREE goodies in the room (never seen that before), good-sized desk. Our room needed more updated decor and we could hear the person in the room above us for a while. All of the staff was, for the most part, excellent and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the trees, away from the highway.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank BB C

Reviewed 1 January 2012

If you're a businessman the suites are furnished very well with lots of workspace. Walls are kind of thin and you can hear people walking or...

Good flatscreen and small kitchen. A decent HQ at the intersection of 405 and 90.

Room Tip: In the business center you must get down on all fours to plug-in your thumbdrive. Rooms farther f...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2015

Dear Savvy Traveler,

I apologize for the delay in this response, a change of ownership and management slowed down the process. I have spent considerable time catching up, reading and responding to those of prior management. I hope that if you have not yet given us another chance, that you may do so in your future travel plans. We have made a difference in the service and continue to make improvements on the facility.

Nigel Williams, GM.

Reviewed 28 December 2011

We rented two suites over Christmas for a group of 6 people. The hotel is not fancy or totally up to date but the rooms were clean and comfortable and that is what we wanted. The staff was all polite and the breakfast was more than adequate. We would stay there again and I would recommend it to others who were looking for someplace to stay on the eastside of Seattle.

Room Tip: I did not see the regular rooms but the suites were fine.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank theemd

Reviewed 18 December 2011

This is a great hotel under certain conditions. This is a suite hotel with separate bedroom, living area, large bathroom and full kitchen. It is a very nice quiet setup that worked excellent for us. It is not fancy, but very nice. The staff was excellent; Joiy at the front desk was especially helpful. The hotel is a bit difficult to find and not in the busy Bellevue downtown area. It is actually down an access road off I 90E just before getting to Issaquah, exit 12. There is a shopping area somewhat close; grocery, drugstore, Outback Steak house etc. Across the freeway there is a Starbucks and McDonalds. A car is a must to get around. It is easy to get anywhere you need to from this location with quick access to freeways.
The beds do have a feather bed on top of the mattress with lots of pillow, the problem is the foundation mattress was old and broken down. I understand they are in the process of replacing the mattresses. Be sure to ask for a room with a new mattress. The rooms at the far end of the hotel would be quieter away from the freeway noise. The fitness center is small but adequate with a hot tub outside.. The breakfast offering are continental cold items. We cooked breakfast in our room each morning which I loved!
They are pet friendly, ask for an end room and you can use the back stairs very easily. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Pamh60

Reviewed 10 December 2011

When we pulled up to check in we were greeted by another guest who said the front desk guy was "off baking cookies" ummm, okay? Not sure what to think.... but imagine my delight to see everyday at 5pm they put fresh baked cookies out! And they keep putting them out as needed until 9pm! Down in the lobby they had computers to use (didnt use them, not sure if they are free or not but alot of ppl were using them), they also had an area with snacks to purchase, and then free coffee in the corner. We were in room 102, at the very end of the hall, facing the back. What a delight - there is a hill behind this hotel filled with evergreens) The room was more than adequate. My boyfriend had meetings all day which left me to fend for myself and although I planned to go shopping I was actually under the weather so I didn't leave the room all day. The flat screen TV was large and I was able to reposition it depending on where i was in the room, the bed (queen) was very comfy, the bathtub was perfect and the super comfy computer chair and free wifi (We brought our own laptop) was an added bonus. The internet was fast. I relaxed and felt well rested after staying in the room all day and don't have anything bad to say about this hotel. For the price it was fantastic! We didnt book until the day of and the price was 75 for the queen room. There is a kitchenette with a dishwasher, microwave and fridge. There is a nice sized gym which I saw nobody in and the hot tub was open late (til 11 or so) and they didnt mind if you stayed in later as long as you were quiet. As far as the area, there is an albertons and rite aid very close (im not good with distances but it's legit a minute away), along with various other stores in the shopping center including pizza hut and outback. We ate across the highway at Teriyaki and more which was good and the portions were MASSIVE -- great value. I would stay here agian. The front desk guy was very friendly and down to earth.

Room Tip: I was in room 102 so there werent too many people going up and down the halls (102 is at the far end...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business