“Sleep Interupted by small fire”

Larkspur Landing Bellevue
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
GreenLeadersBronze level
Royal Palm Beach, Florida
“Sleep Interupted by small fire”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

At 6:00 am someone apparently had something on their stove burner which caused a lot of smoke in that area of the hotel. 5 stars for the loudness of the alarm which never stopped. The manager personally knocked on each door to evacuate the building. I do believe sleepus interuptus should be comped. The hotel declined. At $100 per room times 50 rooms they would have left a much more favorable impression if they had not charged for the unpleasant experience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear thorntree,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for completing a review of your stay at the Larkspur Landing Hotel, Bellevue Washington.

I apologize for the late response having only recently been provided the access to review and respond to guest comments. I have taken a personal responsibility to not only respond to the surveys but to also improve the overall guest experience. I do appreciate the and understand the comment regarding the fire alarm sounding, this was not a rehearsal or practice, it was a real fire and evacuation. I have received very positive reviews and comments on the response of myself and my team.
I hope that you do choose to include this location in your future travel needs, I look forward to reading a more favorable response as we make the changes. We appreciate hearing and sharing the guest commentary with our team, each comment is considered an opportunity to learn from and improve our guest experience.

Nigel Williams
General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Korean first
Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed here as a family for two nights. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The property is clearly aging, as is some of the furniture, but not in terrible shape overall. Rooms were a little small. Free breakfast is on par with what you'd get at a Springhill suits or similar. Nothing like Embassy Suites' breakfast. My only complaint was that I found some mouse feeces on a towel in the bathroom. I used to own an old house with mice issues, so I'm 99% certain of what I saw. I suspect their laundry area had a little infestation.

• Stayed February 2014
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Gadget1,

I am writing in response to a review of past guest surveys. Having recently been provided the ability to review and respond to the surveys, I wanted to thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to provide feedback.
I apologize for the delay in responding, I have made a commitment to review and respond to all submissions and ratings personally. Should you choose to allow us another opportunity in your future travel plans, I hope that you will see that we are making progress in making changes. Over the past few months I have addressed training issues, hired maintenance personal and have been in discussions to replace old and worn out furniture and equipment. Thank you once again for taking the time to keep us informed.

Key West, Florida
Reviewed 13 February 2014

The property was just okay. My room was marginal in terms of overall cleanliness and decor. It was quite small. The location is not so great. The pool and jacuzzi were down for maintenance. All this and the rates were higher than comparable properties in the area. On the plus side, the breakfast lounge and food was convenient and good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank wildfin
Dear Wildfin,

I am writing in response to a review of past guest surveys on Yelp. I wanted to thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to complete a review. I apologize for the delay for the delay in responding having only recently been provided the access to review and respond. The review and Star rating that you provided is appreciated, this has been shared with my management team and staff. I have made it a personal commitment to review and respond to all commentary and ratings, the good and the bad. I along with my team appreciate the reviews and we use them to boost morale or as an opportunity to address concerns. Our goal is to provide our guests with an experience we can be proud of.

Port Townsend, Washington
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We reserved a handicap accessible room with roll-in shower on Jan. 9. On Jan. 23, we arrived, with our tired 90 year old mother, and printout of the confirmation of the roll-in shower, ADA room in hand. After several minutes of looking at the computer screen, they informed us there was no room available with a roll-in shower, as had been promised in our reservation of 2 weeks prior. No excuse, no offer to compensate us or help in any way. What is the point of reserving a special room 2 weeks in advance, if they don't bother to actually reserve the room? We did our part, they dropped the ball.
They did move us to another room with bars near the toilet, but the room they gave us was not ADA accessible at all. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean.

Room Tip: If you need a room for a handicapped person, or bars near the toilet, elevated toilet seat, wheel in...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sue,

Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I appreciated the cost, and breakfast. I didn't appreciate having to switch rooms twice, and making my own bed in the 3rd room's bed. The first room had stained sheets (not sure if they were fresh, old or laundered spots, but they were visible as was the smeared make-up mark under the pillow. Rachael desk attendant switched rooms for me, but the second room has a heater and refrig. motor so loud, I couldn't even think about staying in number 105. Then, I was given 306 and it was better, but the pull out couch was not made, and so i made it up for my children. I was told the sheets were in a bundled bag with the comforter in the closet. There were two comforters and no sheets, and two very flat pillows. The desk clerk brought me sheets...I finally got to bed after 1.5 hours after my first attempt in room 205, the room with the stained sheets. After taking a tour of all floors, I can tell you that the third floor is cleanest, with the first floor more run down than the second. The second and first floors and the rooms are in need of deep cleaning.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Livin'in'America!
Dear Livin"in"America,

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Overall, this hotel is a nice basic hotel close to Seattle.

The hotel itself is in a good quiet area. The only problem I had was making one turn to early, so it was easy for me to correct and turn around.

When you look at it, the room actually is decenlty large, however the layout of the room makes it feel extremely small compared to a Springhill Suites studio I stayed at. There is no division between the kitchen/living space/room. So you have the feeling of being in a mere guest room with a kitchen thrown in. The queen bed was way smaller than I expected. Maybe I'm just used to staying in a king room. The furniture was worn, but realistically, I'm ok with that. If you are looking for brand new furniture that doesn't appear worn, you will be disappointed.

I found the wireless connection to be best so far among any hotel I've stayed at. When you log on, it advertised speeds up to 356kbps. You can pay $3 for up to 1mbps. DO NOT PAY. I was able to achieve 8Mbps download and 7Mbps up when using speediest.net. The hotel did seem like it had quite a few occupants, so I was surprised to achieve the speed.

The breakfast here is among the worst I've had in the hotels I've stayed at. It wasn't bad tasting, it was just nonexistent. I'm more used to having a breakfast with sausage and eggs, but this one was more continental. Not something that would keep me away from the hotel, but just a reminder that you are at a basic hotel.

Overall, I would say that this hotel is good if you are looking for a decent priced hotel. My stay was ok, but I think I will either opt for a bigger 1 bedroom or try a different hotel. The service was great.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tramsell
Dear tramsell,

Fruitland, Idaho
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We were booked down the street for 5 nights and it was terrible so checked out and came to the Larkspur and they were great! Very nice rooms good breakfast internet fitness room and the rates were better than the bad place we stayed the night before. The location was great for us as we were visiting family right up the interstate. And close to Factoria for shopping and food. It is a little challenging to find with GPS but we finally found it. The only minor thing was one of our rooms was on 3rd floor and the people up above were very noisy and so request top floor if you are going to have sleeping in. Also I would recommend they look at their coffee vendor it is not very good resorted to Starbucks packets. But the staff was great and the housekeeping too. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Holly1223,

I am writing in response to a review of past guest surveys. Having recently been provided the ability to review and respond to the surveys, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Your rating and commentary are a wonderful moral booster.