“A Nice place overall”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Veneta, Oregon
“A Nice place overall”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

First time staying here as it is close to my home town. Got a great weekend rate as I am sure they cater more to the business crowd M-F. Staff was super friendly and helpful and the lobby was very warm and inviting. The room was OK, not the greatest but was not disappointed. Bed was super comfortable, bathroom large but kind of under lit. Only complaint was fridge was a little loud when running and because it was close to the sleeping area was a bit annoying. Large flat screen tv was nice too. One bonus was some under cover parking and since I was on my Harley and it was to rain at night, my bike was dry in the morning.
Only complaint was breakfast. I think the staff was a bit overwhelmed on Sunday morning. Saturday morning there was very few people there so supplies were adequate. But Sunday morning they could not keep stuff out as they were trying to work the front counter and restock and people were standing around waiting.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear TCorno43,

Having recently taken on the management role of this location, I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your Trip advisor commentary and rating regarding your recent stay. I have already taken steps to address the issues described including the noisy refrigerator. I take all of the comments and rating personally and share them with each of my management team and staff. We appreciate hearing from our guests, the comments are vital to our continued improvement, they also allow our team members to obtain immediate feedback which is then used as a learning tool allowing us to constantly improve.
Nigel Williams, General Manager, Larkspur Landing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Korean first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Larkspur Landing Bellevue on Saturday night, April 10th. I checked the reviews and agree that the hotel can be difficult to find, but our GPS was spot on. The front desk staff was exceptional and even checked to see if a king suite was available (no availability when booked). I also agree that some fixtures, appliances and the cabinets are dated but the main ammenities including the bed were current and very comfortable. We usually need 2 rooms and travel with children and stay at hotels with suites. The hotel I usually stay at in the area has increased their prices by 20+%. I can get 2 suites at the Larkspur Landing Bellevue for just a little more then I would pay for one suite. As noted in other reviews the breakfast is basic, but there are plenty of choices and it will be perfect for the kids. There was various juice, milk, cereal, yogurt and I had a ham and cheese toasted sandwich with hardboiled egg. My partner really enjoyed the coffee that was available 24hrs. We will be back in June!

Room Tip: The room rate is so economical that if you are staying for a night or 2, upgrade to a larger suite.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear MLScaz,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your Trip advisor commentary and rating regarding your recent stay. We are making improvements to the facilities and hope that you will recognize these with each return. I take all of the comments and rating personally and share them with each of my management team and staff. We appreciate hearing from our guests, the comments are vital to our continued improvement, they also allow our team members to obtain immediate feedback which is then used as a learning tool allowing us to constantly improve.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My hardwood floors were being refinished and I wanted to stay somewhere close and nice...
WOW!!! What a great find! The hotel and staff were wonderful. I'm sure I will stay here again and if I have friends or family that come to town that need a hotel this will be my first choice. I even asked the staff if I was the only person on my floor cause it was so quiet. Thank You Thank You.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear KSB59

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your wonderful commentary and rating on trip advisor. regarding your recent stay. We appreciate hear form all of our guests and I takef the comments and rating personally to address and share them with each of my management team and staff. This rating and commentary was a wonderful boost to the moral of the staff.

Commentary and feedback are vital to our continued improvement, they allow our team members to obtain immediate feedback which is then used as a learning tool allowing us to constantly improve.
Burnaby, BC
Reviewed 30 April 2014

It was a bit of a struggle to find the hotel. We asked a few people in the area for directions but nobody seemed to know of the hotel..

The famous fresh baked chocolate cookies did make things better when we arrived a bit late (at least ½ hour driving around trying to find the hotel) and exhausted. We had our small dog with us and were put in a room on the second floor. The room was clean and spacious. No complaint there. The value was excellent. We had our dinner at the Outback Steakhouse which was within a walking distance, if you are up to it. Great location once you know where it is!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Bubble Tea_Fun

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your Trip advisor commentary and rating regarding your recent stay. I apologize for the difficulty experienced in locating us, I am working on having better signs posted. We appreciate hearing from our guests, the comments are vital to our continued improvement, I take all of the comments and rating personally and share them with each of my management team and staff.

Virginia
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Another hotel in Bellevue that I tried due to their price. You get what you paid for:

Pros:
Low prices, refrigerator, located in Bellevue
Quiet room (ask for a room not facing the church)
Cons:
Breakfast (pastries, hard boiled eggs, milk, juice and cereals). Don't expect much
Extremely slow internet (it was painful)
No free water (had to pay $1.50 for a bottle)

You get what you paid for. For the price that I paid, this is what I received in return. That's why I am rating this property average. If you are looking for a cheap price to stay in Bellevue, this could be that place.

Room Tip: Hotel is really hard to find. You can see the hotel from I-90 but getting to the hotel is confusing...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Samuel H
Dear Traveler,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your Trip advisor commentary and rating regarding your recent stay. I apologize for the slow Wi-Fi connection, we have actually made some recent improvements in this area of service. There is also a "hardwired (cat5) connection provided in all rooms. We are also discussing options as a brand to change the breakfast menu. Continued improvements in the facility will become evident over the next few months. We appreciate hearing from our guests, I take all of the comments and rating personally and share them with each of my management team and staff.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 20 April 2014

no air in bedroom and bathroom . . we planned to stay 3 nights and had to cancel after one night . . some washers and dryers were not working . . rooms with furniture are out of date, need renovations . .

Room Tip: check your credit card account for misused . . had several calls to get all credit back.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GeraldnBR
Nigel W, Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear GeraldnBR,
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your Expedia commentary and rating regarding your past stay at the Larkspur Landing Bellevue, Washington. I apologize for the late response to the survey and for not addressing your comments earlier. Having only recently been provided the ability to do so, I am now catching up on past comments. I have taken a personal responsibility to improve our guest experience, your comment and star rating has been passed on to the staff and each of my management team. We appreciate hearing from our guests, the comments are vital to our continued improvement in facilities and guest service. We are in the process of making upgrades to the facility appearance and furnishings.

Sincerely
Nigel Williams
Snoqualmie, Washington
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great for both short visits and extended stays. My suite was comfortable, quiet, and clean. Free laundry room and wireless internet are a bonus. Breakfast far exceeded my normal expectations for the "continental breakfast" category. While the breakfast area is small, you can take what you want back to your room. I love the thick-sliced french toast, and there is always a selection of juices, yogurts, cold cereal, breads and pastries, bagels, meat, cheese, Belgian waffles, and even hard boiled eggs! Tip: the toasters can be busy, so be prepared to use the toaster in your room if you don't want to wait. Tip #2: Over the past four weeks, there has occasionally been large groups which quickly devour the breakfast area. When that has happened and what I want to eat is not there, I simply return in about 15 minutes to find the group gone and everything restored. The hotel restocks quickly. Coffee: you can make fresh coffee in your room, or find coffee made for you in the lobby entrance. Laundry: With four washing machines and five dryers, I never had a problem finding available machines. Summary: while it is possible to find more luxurious hotels, everything here exceeded my expectations for the hotel's category and price.

Room Tip: Need a quiet room? The first floor rooms are on solid concrete, so they are probably more quiet tha...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Guest,
DearGuest
Having recently taken on the management role of this location, I have recently been provided the ability to respond to guest comments. I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking the time to fill out our questionnaire for the Larkspur Landing in Bellevue, Washington. Your comments and rating have been passed on to all of our associates. I apologize for the delay in the response and want you to know that I will respond. We appreciate hearing from our guests, the comments are vital to our continued improvement. It allows our team members to obtain immediate feedback which is then used as a learning tool allowing us to constantly improve!
Nigel Williams, General Manager, Larkspur Landing #214, 15808 SE 37th Street, Bellevue, Wa 98006

nigel.williams@hhmlp.com : Tel:425-373-1212 : Fax: 425-373-1500