“Vacation stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Vacaville, California
“Vacation stay”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Larkspur Landing. The room was spacious. Well-stocked kitchen. Upon arrival, having read about the uncomfortable sofa bed, we pulled it out and placed the feathertop mattress on top. It was simply not enough. Could still feel the springs. Called the front desk. Housekeeping brought us an additional feathertop promptly, and it made the sofa bed comfortable. This worked well, unless in the future they run out of the extra feathertops. Nice room. A little dated, but very, very quiet and peaceful. The hotel is tucked away from freeways and noise and sits against a beautiful forested landscape. The hot tub setting could use some beautification. Have to go through gym to access. Service here was outstanding! Great staff! Didn't go down to their breakfast since we had a kitchen. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room faced a gorgeous landscape of trees/forest. It was very peaceful. I'd ask for a top f...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yvonne123717
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Yvonne,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for the star rating and comments of your stay at the Larkspur Landing Hotel, Bellevue Washington.

I apologize for slight inconvenience with the sofa bed comfort, I am happy that the staff responded to your satisfaction.

I have made it my personal responsibility to respond to the surveys good or bad. I hope that you choose to include this location in your future travel needs, allowing you to see that we are not only responding to the surveys but are also following through with resolutions to comments. We appreciate hearing and sharing the guest surveys with our team, each survey is considered an opportunity to learn from and improve our guest service.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Korean first
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Upon our arrival, we were greeted without much interest by the desk clerk. After a few moments standing in front of the desk, he requested that we "hold on for a moment" while he completed his task on the computer. We were then assigned room 113. We had to ask as to find the room, and when we did, the trouble stared! It was 91 degrees when we arrived in Bellevue at approx. 6pm. Our room was like an oven, as no one has considered to cool it off for the arriving guests. On checking temp in the room thermometer, it registered 89 degrees in the room...fine...we will turn on the A/c and all will be well. It was not. After an hour, the thermometer registered 90 degrees in the room...the a/c is is not working!! Called downstairs, and 2 hours later, the desk clerk came up and determined (surprise!) that the unit was not working. No offer of a new room, or comp was mentioned. When we asked for another room, he said that they were booked, and that he would compensate our rate somewhat for enduring an 84 degree room.....ridiculous!! At OUR request, he grubbed up a small oscillating fan. Will also post some pics of the desk chair in the room, one that even Goodwill would turn down, and yes, black mold under the bathroom tub faucet. This is just gross and in excusable. Property is in desperate need of an upgrade! So here we are sweating out the night in Bellevue . Had I not had my elderly and infirm mother with me, I would have fled this shabby property. But she had already unpacked, and was ready for bed. Shame on you, Larkspur Landing for passing yourself off as anything other than a Motel 6!! The bed was extremely hard, and the bathroom lock was not functional. Skip this one!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank wendybird1953
Dear Wendy,

I apologize for issues during your stay, I had responded to you personally via other survey sites.

plano, tx
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Very nice hotel for the price. Excellent, friendly service. Free laundry, fresh baked cookies throughout the day, wonderful breakfast with good variety, fitness room and hot tub, spacious rooms, attentive staff, free parking. Really could not ask for more! Great stay with our girls soccer team. Highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank bbonin
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear BBonin,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for providing the responses in the guest survey for the Larkspur Landing Hotel, Bellevue Washington. Your commentary and overall rating are greatly appreciated and are shared as an opportunity for us as a team to improve our services and guest experience.

I have taken a personal responsibility to respond to all guest surveys and use the feedback as a constructive opportunity to correct issues. I hope that you will choose this location again in your future travel plans. Over the next few months we will be making improvements to the facility, replacing the old with new and offering other improvements.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed here for two weeks, while we were getting our house ready. So we were not on vacation. This place had one problem after the other. The AC was broken, so after 2 different attempts to fix it, they moved us into another room. BLACK mold in the stairwells, with a horrible smell, one out of the 5 dryers worked in the laundry room, the staff used the fitness room as their break room, while I tried to work out. The door handle came off in my husband's hand, trapping him inside the room. Shall I go on?

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank waianaegirl
Nigel W, Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Traveler,
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your Expedia commentary and rating regarding your past stay at the Larkspur Landing Bellevue, Washington. I apologize the issues you had with the AC unit. The dryers were all inspected and have been serviced, I have also addressed the maintenance of the stairwells. I take a personal responsibility to improve our guest experience, your comment and star rating has been passed on to the staff and each of my management team. We appreciate hearing from our guests, the comments are vital to our continued improvement in facilities and guest service.
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The hotel was conveniently located for the traveling to the field and dining. The room was quiet even though it was located close to a major highway. The breakfast had a reasonable selection however there were no hot eggs and a waffle or pancake maker would have been a nice touch.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
DearBonnie983,
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your TripAdvisor commentary and rating regarding your past stay at the Larkspur Landing Bellevue, Washington. I apologize for the late response to the survey and for not addressing your comments earlier. Having only recently been provided the ability to do so, I am now catching up on past comments. I have taken a personal responsibility to improve our guest experience, your comment and star rating has been passed on to the staff and each of my management team. We appreciate hearing from our guests, the comments are vital to our continued improvement in facilities and guest service.I
West Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We choose this hotel for its quick entry from the Freeway and adequate amenities (gas, restaurant, food market), plus it's pet-friendly. Not the newest decor, it could probably use an update. The room was an okay size and bathroom, kitchenette and TV were as expected. Staff was friendly and the included breakfast was all we needed before heading on our way north. Would stay here again if need be as the rates are more competitive than other hotels in this higher priced neighbourhood.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
gaylecooke,
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your Expedia commentary and rating regarding your past stay at the Larkspur Landing Bellevue, Washington. I apologize for the late response to the survey and for not addressing your comments earlier. We are in the process of upgrading some of the more aged furniture items, providing a facility "facelift" and other projects over the summer. I have taken a personal responsibility to improve our guest experience, your comment and star rating has been passed on to the staff and each of my management team. We appreciate hearing from our guests, the comments are vital to our continued improvement in facilities and guest service.
Cranbrook
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a really nice hotel for the money. The rooms are spacious and very well kept. The beds are really comfortable, they offer freshly baked cookies in the evening, apples anytime and coffee anytime. The breakfast in the morning is plentiful and the only downside is there isn't much seating in the eating area. They also offer a shuttle for a 5 mile radius. The staff were very courteous and went out of their way to be helpful. On the weekend when there was no shuttle they even gave us a ride when they weren't too busy at the front desk. Overall a very nice and well kept hotel. I would recommend this hotel and it is only about 10 minutes from Seattle.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple