“"Convenient location at a fair price"”

Larkspur Landing Bellevue
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, Texas
“"Convenient location at a fair price"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

Really wanted to stay in Seattle, but couldn't bring myself to pay the price, so we settled on Larkspur Landing. The price and proximity to I-90 (a direct route into the city center, 10-15 minutes with no traffic) seemed like an ideal compromise. The room was large, clean and the bed was comfortable. Our room was complete with a full-sized refrigerator, a kitchen sink, a small stove top and dishwasher. Not sure if this is standard for each room. The staff were pleasant and eager to help. They offer a continental breakfast, which consisted of various breads, cereal, yogurts, coffee and juices. They offer a nice pool, workout facility and washers/dryers. It's a little tricky to find, but if you have GPS, then you'll have no problems. Overall, we were satisfied with our choice and the price.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank versa98
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Versa98,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your Tripadvisor commentary and rating regarding your recent stay. Your wonderful comments and star rating have been shared with the management and staff. I am working on a solution to provide better signage that will assist those new to the area. We appreciate hearing from our guests, the comments are vital to our continued improvement in facilities and guest service.
Nigel Williams, General Manager, Larkspur Landing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Location is so-so, off of I-90 but not easy to find. Rooms are decent-sized and they have a small kitchenette. The AC unit blows directly onto the bed so was hard to find a good temp. Comfort of the bed was so-so, not the quality of some other hotels. Pillows were floppy.

They offered free cookies, sandwiches, and beer/wine around 5 PM - this was nice. The staff was also very helpful.

Don't bother using the computers downstairs. They have XP loaded and are painfully slow.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gabe S
Dear Gabe,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your Trip Advisor commentary and rating regarding your recent stay. Your comment and star rating have been passed on to the staff and each of my management team. I apologize for the limitations of the business center computers, these are scheduled for an upgrade and we are just awaiting delivery.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel was deceiving. It looked good on the outside and the main lobby, but when you got to the room was another story. I had my mom and sister with me. We had a "feathertopped sofa sleeper" and a king bed. When we folded out the sofa sleeper the mattress was full of stains, broken down, grossest ever. The leather chair was so worn, there wasn't much leather left. We refused to sleep on the sofa bed, asked for more sheets and one of us slept on the couch. There were stains on the curtains and the rug was tattered. For the money I spent, it was not up to expectations. It was a tired, rundown room. We booked a 2-night stay and the same night we checked in I canceled the next night and found another hotel down the road that was much cleaner, The Clarion.

3 Thank Joyce D
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Joyce,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. At the time of your stay we were in the process of removing the dated and worn furniture, those chairs have all been replaced. There are many more improvements coming over the next few months, these changes have recently been approved with the transition to new ownership and management. I take your concerns personally and have addressed each with my management team and staff. Should you return to this location I hope you will see the improvements in service and appearance. We appreciate hearing from our guests, the comments are vital to our continued improvement.

Yelm, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

My family and I were in town for a wedding, and stayed here for the long weekend. The best thing I have to say about this location was that the staff were amazing. From the moment we checked in to the time we checked out, they were all friendly and courteous, and I mean everyone, from desk clerks to maid service, they were all great. The only reason we aren't giving this location a 5/5 is due to the room size and TV quality. There were four of us crammed into a very small room. We had a king size bed separate to the living quarters and kitchenette, however, we also requested a crib for our son, and there was just no space for it! My husband had to move furniture around to accommodate it. The television set was fuzzy on every single channel. That was frustrating, especially after wanting to watch some TV after a long day. But overall, it was a nice stay. We were really impressed with the staff.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the stairwell. We thought we were lucky to be so far away from the elevator...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Traveler,

I would like to thank you for the time taken in completing the commentary and star rating. Five Stars is wonderful and the staff are going to appreciate this a lot. We are striving to make our guest experience one that can be remembered for all the right reasons. We take these surveys as an opportunity to learn from and improve our skills.

As we slowly make our upgrades to the furniture and other facilities we hope to gain more star ratings similar to this or higher. Should you choose this location again in your travels, I hope that you will see we are improving.

Nigel Williams, General Manager
St. Louis, MO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I had stayed at a Larkspur before that was an excellent experience. This was not. The location to Bellevue & downtown Seattle is very convenient. The finishes however were dated and dingy and didn't look clean. Our room had a paper towel stuffed in one of the ysprinkler heads. The WORST part about it was the lighting. This was a beautiful sunny day in Seattle and the bulbs emitted the most awful dull yellow light. I cannot imagine what it must be like on a typical overcast day. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank mglloves2travel
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear MGlloves2travel,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your commentary and rating regarding your recent stay.

I apologize for the issues during your stay, I have addressed this with my management team and staff. We are making improvements to the facility and furniture over the coming months. I take all of the comments and rating personally and share them with each of my management team and staff. We appreciate hearing from our guests, the comments are vital to our continued improvement, they also allow our team members to obtain immediate feedback which is then used as a learning tool allowing us to constantly improve.
Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed here with two teenage sons for a five-day weekend in July. The rooms seemed large enough, but space was poorly used, in my opinion. Each room has a full kitchen, but the excessive use of floor tile overwhelms the living space. The suite was clean and the beds were comfortable, but the cabinets (both kitchen and bath) were clearly dated. Even though some of the furnishings and appointments were up to date, it felt like the hotel had undergone a poor man's renovation. By comparison, most of the competing all-suite, extended stay chains have nicer, more modern rooms, in my experience anyway.

The lobby was clean but not nearly large enough to accommodate the usual breakfast rush. The breakfast itself offered a very good variety of foods, but access to the food was hindered by the bottleneck near the central seating area. And one morning, despite the attendant's best efforts, the food would disappear within seconds of restocking, even though I didn't get the sense that the hotel was filled to capacity. One final thing: I got a kick out of their effort to mimic the Marriott chain who keeps freshly baked cookies on hand around the clock. By comparison, the Larkspur only seemed to cook four or five at a time during our stay.

Plenty of parking, plus it sits on a quiet dead-end street which is nice. Again, there's nothing special to this hotel, but it is affordable, clean, and convenient, and the breakfast is decent, if you can avoid the rush.

1 Thank TomMD6
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear TomMD6,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your commentary and three star rating regarding your recent stay.
I apologize for the appearance of some of the furniture and fixtures, we are actually changing out a lot of these starting this week with the arrival of chairs. There are a lot of other upgrades to be seen over the coming months. The cookies are appreciated by many of our guests and are very quickly consumed, we do prepare them in small batches of 18 to 20 at a time, these keep them hot and fresh for our guests. We have been very busy, and full for a few months while it may seem that we were not. Breakfast is another popular item and we are working on the breakfast menu selection.

We appreciate hearing from our guests, the comments are vital to our team members to obtain immediate feedback which is then used as a learning tool allowing us to constantly improve.
Patrick, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed at Larkspur Landing for a wedding 7/17 - 7/19 leaving the morning of 7/20. Staying during this time included many of the wedding guests including the Bride & Groom & family members of the wedding party. We couldn't have been more pleased with our stay. Our suite was very clean & comfortable, we did hear some overhead noise ( 2nd floor room) which I feel cannot be avoided at times but, it didn't keep us awake or bother us. We had a room in the back which offered a view of the woods and made it very private. The continental breakfast offered was acceptable to us with many choices of beverages, several types of yogurts & included ham & cheese which was unusual but a welcome addition as I don't eat the usual pastries or muffins offered. The staff was welcoming & helpful and accommodated our every request even printing out directions for us to the wedding venue. The wedding party had to be at the venue early to prepare & the 1 nitetime desk person even set up breakfast early for them though he had never done it before & the person who was to set up wasn't due to arrive for 45 minutes. That to me is great customer service going above & beyond. Yes, the breakfast area is a bit small but it never seemed to be a problem, maybe it was the guests at the time who made this possible. The kitchenette was a very nice addition to the room for those staying for an extended period. All in all we very much enjoyed our stay and would be happy to return if ever in the area again. We didn't encounter any of the complaints by other reviewers but we are very easy going travelers as were the many guests we had the pleasure of meeting during our stay. The only thing I would have liked to have seen was more outdoor seating around the property to enjoy the wonderful well kept landscaping.

1 Thank sas58
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear SAS58,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for providing the responses in the guest survey for the Larkspur Landing Hotel, Bellevue Washington. Your commentary and four star rating are greatly appreciated, the information is shared with our associates as a moral building opportunity and to identify and correct any service issues. I have made it my personal responsibility and commitment to review and respond to all reviews, the good and the bad. I hope that you will choose this location again in your future travel plans. Over the next few months we are continuing with upgrading the facility and furnishings out with the old and in with the new and offering other improvements.