“A comfortable and quiet night's sleep”

Larkspur Landing Bellevue
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Bellevue
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I wrote a negative review of this place last time I stayed here, as they didn't give us the handicap room we'd asked for and reserved, however this time we had a very comfortable stay, and we will be back.
My husband and I needed a place to stay within 20 minutes of an event I was in early Sunday morning. Larkspur's price was excellent compared to anything in Seattle, and it was so much nicer. After an excellent dinner at a nearby Thai restaurant (there are quite a few good restaurant within 5-10 minutes away) we settled in for an early bedtime. Our room looked out over a wooded hillside and there was absolutely no noise from traffic or anything else. The bed was very comfortable and after a comfortable night's sleep, we were up at 5 for a 12 minute trip into Seattle, traffic free. We'll definitely stay here next year.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Sue G.

Thank you for the wonderful review, it was a pleasure to read and to share with my management team and staff. We are continuing to strive to make each guest stay a memorable one for all the right reasons. Over the coming months the hotel is slated to continue going through a process of improvements to the facility.

Thank you again for the wonderful boost to moral.

Nigel Williams, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Larkspur Landing Bellevue

Reviewed 25 August 2014

The Larkspur is a great hotel to stay while travelling with pets. The rooms are a nice size and there are trails behind the hotel for walkies. The complimentary breakfast is an added bonus... although not extravagant, it has all you need to get the day started on the right foot. The bed was one of the more comfortable hotel beds I've slept in. Overall was a really nice experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Linda G
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Linda G.
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking the time to complete the Tripadvisor commentary and rating. Your rating was shared with the leadership team and staff, what a wonderful moral booster. Over the coming months we will continue to make improvements to the facility and furnishings. I hope that you will see these improvements if you choose to include us in your future travel plans.

Nigel Williams
General Manger

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed in the Larkspur Landing all suite hotel in Bellevue the evening of August 20/21 2014 and our room was infested with ants and the first night the tub would not drain when you took a shower. Management fixed the draining issue but did not address the ant infestation whatsoever. Stay here at your on risk or if you love ants you will love this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank David M

Dear David,

Thank you taking the time to submit your comments and rating, I apologize for the poor experience during your stay and have addressed each of your concerns with my management team and staff. I would like an opportunity to invite you back and show that these type of things are addressed as soon as I am made aware of an unhappy guest experience. Please feel free to contact me should you want to discuss this with me directly.

Nigel Williams
General Manger.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Really wanted to stay in Seattle, but couldn't bring myself to pay the price, so we settled on Larkspur Landing. The price and proximity to I-90 (a direct route into the city center, 10-15 minutes with no traffic) seemed like an ideal compromise. The room was large, clean and the bed was comfortable. Our room was complete with a full-sized refrigerator, a kitchen sink, a small stove top and dishwasher. Not sure if this is standard for each room. The staff were pleasant and eager to help. They offer a continental breakfast, which consisted of various breads, cereal, yogurts, coffee and juices. They offer a nice pool, workout facility and washers/dryers. It's a little tricky to find, but if you have GPS, then you'll have no problems. Overall, we were satisfied with our choice and the price.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank versa98
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Versa98,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your Tripadvisor commentary and rating regarding your recent stay. Your wonderful comments and star rating have been shared with the management and staff. I am working on a solution to provide better signage that will assist those new to the area. We appreciate hearing from our guests, the comments are vital to our continued improvement in facilities and guest service.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Location is so-so, off of I-90 but not easy to find. Rooms are decent-sized and they have a small kitchenette. The AC unit blows directly onto the bed so was hard to find a good temp. Comfort of the bed was so-so, not the quality of some other hotels. Pillows were floppy.

They offered free cookies, sandwiches, and beer/wine around 5 PM - this was nice. The staff was also very helpful.

Don't bother using the computers downstairs. They have XP loaded and are painfully slow.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 773gabes

Dear Gabe,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your Trip Advisor commentary and rating regarding your recent stay. Your comment and star rating have been passed on to the staff and each of my management team. I apologize for the limitations of the business center computers, these are scheduled for an upgrade and we are just awaiting delivery.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel was deceiving. It looked good on the outside and the main lobby, but when you got to the room was another story. I had my mom and sister with me. We had a "feathertopped sofa sleeper" and a king bed. When we folded out the sofa sleeper the mattress was full of stains, broken down, grossest ever. The leather chair was so worn, there wasn't much leather left. We refused to sleep on the sofa bed, asked for more sheets and one of us slept on the couch. There were stains on the curtains and the rug was tattered. For the money I spent, it was not up to expectations. It was a tired, rundown room. We booked a 2-night stay and the same night we checked in I canceled the next night and found another hotel down the road that was much cleaner, The Clarion.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Joyce D
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Joyce,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. At the time of your stay we were in the process of removing the dated and worn furniture, those chairs have all been replaced. There are many more improvements coming over the next few months, these changes have recently been approved with the transition to new ownership and management. I take your concerns personally and have addressed each with my management team and staff. Should you return to this location I hope you will see the improvements in service and appearance. We appreciate hearing from our guests, the comments are vital to our continued improvement.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My family and I were in town for a wedding, and stayed here for the long weekend. The best thing I have to say about this location was that the staff were amazing. From the moment we checked in to the time we checked out, they were all friendly and courteous, and I mean everyone, from desk clerks to maid service, they were all great. The only reason we aren't giving this location a 5/5 is due to the room size and TV quality. There were four of us crammed into a very small room. We had a king size bed separate to the living quarters and kitchenette, however, we also requested a crib for our son, and there was just no space for it! My husband had to move furniture around to accommodate it. The television set was fuzzy on every single channel. That was frustrating, especially after wanting to watch some TV after a long day. But overall, it was a nice stay. We were really impressed with the staff.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the stairwell. We thought we were lucky to be so far away from the elevator...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Nigel W, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Traveler,

I would like to thank you for the time taken in completing the commentary and star rating. Five Stars is wonderful and the staff are going to appreciate this a lot. We are striving to make our guest experience one that can be remembered for all the right reasons. We take these surveys as an opportunity to learn from and improve our skills.

As we slowly make our upgrades to the furniture and other facilities we hope to gain more star ratings similar to this or higher. Should you choose this location again in your travels, I hope that you will see we are improving.

Nigel Williams, General Manager